• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 15 |OT| Drunk in Love

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Keenum future is back!

:D

eznark

Banned
Dolphins had had 6 coaches over the last 15 years. They have had more than 10 wins once in the last decade. Zero playoff wins since Marino left. Looking at the Raiders rapid turnaround, maybe firing Sparano when he was dealing with Moore and Henne was hasty? Maybe firing Philbin when he is on his third offensive line and third offensive coordinator in three years is hasty? The offense is steadily improving, Tannehill has gotten better each of his three years and they are going to finish around ,500 in a division that now has competitive teams (well, not the Jets).

Dunno, unless you are confident you can get some massive upgrade I personally wouldn't make a move. I don't see anyone out there that lights my pants on fire, coaching wise.

MechDX

Johnny Manziel’s 1.0 Total QBR Sunday was the worst by any player in his starting debut since 2006 (when QBR data exists).-Schefter

eznark

Banned
Johnny Manziel’s 1.0 Total QBR Sunday was the worst by any player in his starting debut since 2006 (when QBR data exists).-Schefter

Ryan Mallett is 37th in the league in QBR. Below Mark Sanchez. Glancing at the chart, Houston has the worst aggregate QBR of any team except for the Browns.

Congratulations, Manziel sucks and the Houstons are missing the playoffs forever. All your dreams are coming true!

MechDX

Ryan Mallett is 37th in the league in QBR. Below Mark Sanchez. Glancing at the chart, Houston has the worst aggregate QBR of any team except for the Browns.

Congratulations, Manziel sucks and the Houstons are missing the playoffs forever. All your dreams are coming true!

jaEXuAu.png

Why so jealous?

Ah yes now I remember you are a Foles. Are you telling me with Foles in this team would have beaten the Packers, Seahawks, and the Cowboys last night?

Unless you are delusional you can't possibly look at this team and believe that. Both Sanchez and Foles have played well against bad teams and mediocre against good teams. Both are prone to turnovers.

Eagles lead the league in giving the ball away and the mass majority of those turnovers were with and because of Foles. Foles lost games to the Cards and the Niners, while winning the games against bad teams.

If you look at just who was the QB when the team won (which BTW never shows the whole picture and is rather stupid), Foles' s lone impressive win this season was against the Colts. Even then that win was sealed by an INT Boykin had at the end when the Colts were driving to win.

Similarly Sanchez's one impressive win was against the Cowboys two weeks ago.

It's obvious that neither QB is the long term answer. Lord knows I wished Foles was that guy but his phenomenal performance last year so far has been proven to be a fluke.

And oh yeah since you brought last year up while mindlessly mentioning win loss records, Foles took over and beat a row of terrible teams. Before that the 3 losses they had with Vick starting had far more with the Eagles D not playing well. They lost to the Chargers, Broncos, and Chiefs. All playoff teams. The offense was chugging along. D wasnt.

One of those losses you chalking up to Barkley? Against the Cowboys? Foles played the majority of the game against the Cowboys before leaving with a concussion. He was stinking it up. Barkley took over late in the game. The Great Nick Foles beat teams like the Raiders, Bucs, Lions, Packers without Rodgers, and the rest of the NFC East.

Biggest problem on the team is still lack of a franchise QB and I don't think Foles has proven much of anything yet. Even though the offense works, it's far more cause of the OLINE, McCoy, and Chips' design. And all that would still be ok had they addressed their needs on D which they seem to ignore completely. Billy Davis needs his head examined if he thinks he can play single safety man with this set of corners and safeties.

Terrible secondary 5 years in a row and they did absolutely nothing to improve it. Wasted a first round pick on a guy projected to be late 3rd or 4th round pick. Who can't even see the field even with injuries all over the LB corp.

And while Jordan Mathews has stepped up and Maclin is having a career season they sure as hell miss Desean. The 1 legit deep threat they had. Can you imagine how much more explosive they could be with Desean, Maclin, and Jordan? Instead they kept and overpaid Cooper who gets zero separation and drafted Huff who seems to make giant mistake one or twice a game. Created a need and a giant hole at a position that was set. The spent 2 picks trying to fill it back up.

It's laughable watching Cooper trying to catch WR screens and then bumbling trying to gain a yard. Last night he almost had his own butt fumble on a WR bubble screen.

I keep imagining how much better this team would be had they let Cooper walk in FA, kept DeSean, and used the first 2 picks on possible defensive studs. Could have still taken Huft late or Mathews in the 2nd.

This is such a great post. People blaming last not on buttfumble are nuts. 17/28 256 and 2 int is not a terrible line at all. The problem yesterday was that by the time the offense got going the D had been on the field all game and had nothing left for the 2nd half. 2 weeks in a row the were on the field almost the entire first half, that has to take a toll. Once the pass rush lets up at all the QB can just sit back there and pick the wide open guy he wants to throw to. I really think they need to start looking at Howie with a more critical eye. Chip has come out and said the last 2 years he didnt get the guy he wanted in the 1st round. The offense was great last year, they should have basically just brought everyone on O back, and put all their picks into improving the D. Instead they cut their best WR and have to waste 2 or their top 3 picks on WRs. Foles sucks, buttfumble sucks, and Barkley sucks, so if they can find a QB in the offseason next year will be more of the same.

Tamanon

Banned
ESPN are such dorks.

On their Game Balls section, they gave the Cleveland Game Ball to Merrill Hoge.

Merril Hoge. ESPN's NFL analyst has been a constant critic of Johnny Manziel since the day the Browns drafted him. Before the game, Hoge said that Manziel had first-round hype and sixth-round talent. Given the fact that nobody on the Browns bothered to show up, and given the way the offense and Manziel played, nobody had a better day than Hoge, whose bold stance was on point. -- Pat McManamon

Fantomex

I didn't read it, I watched the video, in which they blame Philbin for the interceptions and ST touchdown.

You seem to defend him a lot. And I think that's based on a popular view. That Joe Philbin is a good person, and a fine human being. He is very likable, nice guy and is a genuine caring person. I can see that in his interviews and how he conducts himself. But that's not setting him apart from Dave Wanstedt, Sparano or Cam Cameron when it comes down to wins. Some of the best coaches of all time have been absolute a-holes. Landry, Lombardi, Shula, Johnson, Walsh, Knoll, Parcells and Bellichick. He's a great coordinator, not a great coach. This is his third year. how many more years does he need to turn thing's around?

MechDX

Texans sign Keenum back to the roster the week they are set to play Kubiak in his return to Houston.

Epic troll incoming!

Dolphins had had 6 coaches over the last 15 years. They have had more than 10 wins once in the last decade. Zero playoff wins since Marino left. Looking at the Raiders rapid turnaround, maybe firing Sparano when he was dealing with Moore and Henne was hasty? Maybe firing Philbin when he is on his third offensive line and third offensive coordinator in three years is hasty? The offense is steadily improving, Tannehill has gotten better each of his three years and they are going to finish around ,500 in a division that now has competitive teams (well, not the Jets).

Dunno, unless you are confident you can get some massive upgrade I personally wouldn't make a move. I don't see anyone out there that lights my pants on fire, coaching wise.

Philbin botched the end of both the Packers and Lions games. I dont want a coach who I cant trust at the end. Wipe the slate clean, get rid of Lazor as well, and bring in a new coach and new staff.

Are people still on the "Mallet will break out just wait!" train? Let it go, Texan fans. Rg3 had been in the league less time and even I've already given up on him. Mallet is Derek Anderson if you subtract that one good fluke season and add a cocaine habit.

MechDX

Are people still on the "Mallet will break out just wait!" train? Let it go, Texan fans. Rg3 had been in the league less time and even I've already given up on him. Mallet is Derek Anderson if you subtract that one good fluke season and add a cocaine habit.

EZ is just being an irritable old man because Olivia is ruining Aaron who is now worse than Savage

eznark

Banned
Rodgers for Savage straight up?

You seem to defend him a lot. And I think that's based on a popular view. That Joe Philbin is a good person, and a fine human being. He is very likable, nice guy and is a genuine caring person. I can see that in his interviews and how he conducts himself. But that's not setting him apart from Dave Wanstedt, Sparano or Cam Cameron when it comes down to wins. Some of the best coaches of all time have been absolute a-holes. Landry, Lombardi, Shula, Johnson, Walsh, Knoll, Parcells and Bellichick. He's a great coordinator, not a great coach. This is his third year. how many more years does he need to turn thing's around?

I kind of like Tannehill and think he could be pretty good, but I feel like the Dolphins are ruining his career. I like Philbin too and think he's a fine coach. He's hamstrung by an abysmal front office.

But as with any coaching change (and any change really, apply this to your life kids) if you don't know (or strongly feel you know) what the better solution to the problem is, you may as well wait to enact change until you do.

Personally I'd let him play out the last year of his contract to see if he, Lazor and Tannehill are able to make it work. Honestly, not a lot to lose. What's one more season of mediocrity on top of 32 years worth?

Philbin botched the end of both the Packers and Lions games. I dont want a coach who I cant trust at the end. Wipe the slate clean, get rid of Lazor as well, and bring in a new coach and new staff.

How did he botch it?

All the hype from Mallett came from him coming from the Patriots, despite the fact that Brady has been the only successful QB Belichick has ever produced.

I kind of like Tannehill and think he could be pretty good, but I feel like the Dolphins are ruining his career. I like Philbin too and think he's a fine coach. He's hamstrung by an abysmal front office.

But as with any coaching change (and any change really, apply this to your life kids) if you don't know (or strongly feel you know) what the better solution to the problem is, you may as well wait to enact change until you do.

Personally I'd let him play out the last year of his contract to see if he, Lazor and Tannehill are able to make it work. Honestly, not a lot to lose. What's one more season of mediocrity on top of 32 years worth?

I honestly believe Ross will do that if philbin wins out, I agree they are wasting tannehill though

bionic77

Is Munn included in this deal?

Watt doesn't have time for women with all of his media commitments. She would be the perfect way for him to release some tension while continuing to date Rodgers (like Watt she also likes attention).

This trade makes perfect sense for everyone involved.

I honestly believe Ross will do that if philbin wins out, I agree they are wasting tannehill though

You can't put a young, raw and inexperienced QB behind a bad offensive line. They need room to grow. Nothing Philbin could have done about that, especially with Jonathan Martin blowing the o-line up at the worst possible time.

I didn't read it, I watched the video, in which they blame Philbin for the interceptions and ST touchdown.
Your unconditional love affair with Philbin makes it abundantly clear how much you have watched and kept up with the Dolphins. I can't tell if it's more trolling or legitimate ignorance.

Philbin sucks ass as a head coach. He is fucking abysmal at preparing the team for big games. But keep picking out individual plays and ignoring the bigger picture to try and convince yourself otherwise.

Fantomex

It makes sense. But the problem is, our defense is actually pretty good at times. It seems like they'll be going to waste, waiting for the offense to catch up. I guess in general it seems on field coaching decisions have cost us 3 games. I'd rather have a coach that might not help us, but won't help the other team!!! Philbin seems to hurt us with his coaching decisions. I would gladly approve Philbin staying his last year if we were guaranteed to end up with a top 5 pick. But we will probably go 9-7 again. No good draft pick and no playoffs. Miami fans have to be realistic as well, nobody wants to coach for us.

eznark

Banned
Your unconditional love affair with Philbin makes it abundantly clear how much you have watched and kept up with the Dolphins. I can't tell if it's more trolling or legitimate ignorance.

Philbin sucks ass as a head coach. He is fucking abysmal at preparing the team for big games. But keep picking out individual plays and ignoring the bigger picture to try and convince yourself otherwise.

So what do you think the expected win total for that talent group should be?

How did he botch it?

All the hype from Mallett came from him coming from the Patriots, despite the fact that Brady has been the only successful QB Belichick has ever produced.

When the fins were deciding what to do on the last drive against GB Philbin had them change strategy after the first play. They ran on first down, which was smart since GB was out of TOs, but then they decided to pass on 2nd down. You cant have your coach making panic moves in situations like that.

Against the Lions on first down the Fins ran for 4, then on 2nd down they tried to run a shotgun draw that got stuff, and on 3rd down they passed and threw an incompletion. The Lions marched down the field and won with no time left. The Fins should have ran on 3rd down and made the Lions use their last TO.

BigAT

So in a long shitty season for the Giants, I continue to cling to the bright spots and what the future holds and Odell Beckham continues to be that one big bright spot that can't be ignored.

http://www.bigblueview.com/2014/12/...-the-year-how-can-it-be-anyone-else-ny-giants

The crazy part is Beckham is putting up those numbers while being the focus of every defensive gameplan. It's not like Preston Parker and Kevin Ogletree are drawing coverage away from him and the Giants are 29th in the league in rushing yards per attempt.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
If Harbaugh is let go from SF, I think a lot of teams will be willing to fire their coaches trying to get him. Including the 'fins.

When the fins were deciding what to do on the last drive against GB Philbin had them change strategy after the first play. They ran on first down, which was smart since GB was out of TOs, but then they decided to pass on 2nd down. You cant have your coach making panic moves in situations like that.

Against the Lions on first down the Fins ran for 4, then on 2nd down they tried to run a shotgun draw that got stuff, and on 3rd down they passed and threw an incompletion. The Lions marched down the field and won with no time left. The Fins should have ran on 3rd down and made the Lions use their last TO.

Does Philbin call the plays?

I really don't like evaluating coaches on a play by play basis. If those plays had worked out would Philbin be called a genius?

bionic77

If Harbaugh is let go from SF, I think a lot of teams will be willing to fire their coaches trying to get him. Including the 'fins.
I would love to see Harbs in Pittsburgh.

We would only get 3-5 years before he wore out his welcome, but our team would be really good for that period of time.

His first act would be to get rid of LeBeau and hire a defensive coordinator who knew how to gameplan around the new rules that don't allow you to kill players going across the middle.

Top Bottom