• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 15 |OT| Drunk in Love

Bowser

Sky is the limit with Derek Anderson. Unfortunately for you Scam will be back.

b4btv4acqaa_dj6.jpg

Eagles are not getting in? No way does Dallas lose another game. They are a matchup nightmare for the Colts and the Skins have totally given up this year.

Eagles finish up with the Skins and Giants, should easily be 2-0.

Cowboys have Colts and Skins. Boys are 3-4 at home. I can easily seeing them going 1-1, and they lose out to Philly in that scenario. Either way Philly or Dallas would be the 3 seed and IMO GB would roll either of the two.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
The truth is that the Steelers defense is both too old and too young. The only guys in their primes are Timmons and Gay. Heyward is about there. Troy, Ike, Deebo and Keisel are done. Shazier, Jones, Shamarko and Tuitt are just beginning their careers. Mix in some shaky personnel decisions, Worilds and Mitchell, and the defense is still years away from being dominant. I'd be ok with LeBeau leaving only because he won't be around when the defense ascends again and it may be best to let a new coach mold them. Rex Ryan, come on down!

The truth is that the Steelers defense is both too old and too young. The only guys in their primes are Timmons and Gay. Heyward is about there. Troy, Ike, Deebo and Keisel are done. Shazier, Jones, Shamarko and Tuitt are just beginning their careers. Mix in some shaky personnel decisions, Worilds and Mitchell, and the defense is still years away from being dominant. I'd be ok with LeBeau leaving only because he won't be around when the defense ascends again and it may be best to let a new coach mold them. Rex Ryan, come on down!

As much as i'd love Rex he'd never work in Pittsburgh. Take that however you want to.

And I think the Steelers D is gonna be scary about this time next year. Can't wait until they unleash Shamarknado.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
As much as i'd love Rex he'd never work in Pittsburgh. Take that however you want to.

And I think the Steelers D is gonna be scary about this time next year. Can't wait until they unleash Shamarknado.

I hope you're right, but there are some glaring holes in the defense, personnel wise. The best hope is that someone makes some good free agent moves this summer, unlike last summer. The offense is SB capable right now, it'd be a shame to waste the opportunity.

jakncoke

Banned

Thats kas levels of optimism unless you meant things about to get worse which i could see. Or maybe addition by subtraction could get us to at least average. Also can we cut Cam Thomas before next season plz

eznark

Banned
I would have liked to see the Jets up there.

You also don't like the signing of Chase Headley so I am convinced that you should probably just give an intelligent, rational, thinking adult power of attorney and stop making your own decisions.

I hope you're right, but there are some glaring holes in the defense, personnel wise. The best hope is that someone makes some good free agent moves this summer, unlike last summer. The offense is SB capable right now, it'd be a shame to waste the opportunity.

Secondary is going to be unsettled for a while. I think most of the Steelers problems on D have been up from and with Thomas off the field and Tuitt on it I think we'll see a rapid improvement.

Thats kas levels of optimism unless you meant things about to get worse which i could see. Or maybe addition by subtraction could get us to at least average. Also can we cut Cam Thomas before next season plz

Addition by subtraction mostly. Kiesel, Troy, Ike. Thomas. The future is on the team, but they need to start playing together for better or worse.

Farooq

Banned
Is it still crazy to think Romo should be in the conversation for MVP (especially if Brady is in the conversation).

Here are some stats that I have carefully cherry picked to make Tony Romo look good.

Passer Rating:

GmF8jGY.png

ANY/A:

zb1HwA2.png

TD%:

TyPSFKh.png

AY/A:

Mv0ACZs.png

NY/A:

M5n8V9C.png

Y/A:

RPLhUzk.png

Cmp%:

ra56ovE.png

Int% Romo is 13th, but let's just sweep that stat aside. Regardless, my argument is that if Brady deserves to be in MVP conversation, Romo deserves to be in the MVP conversation.

Rodgers MVP.

Tom Penny

If GB loses a game would they still give Rodgers MVP if they miss the playoffs? Has there been an MVP on a team that missed the playoffs?

eznark

Banned
Is it still crazy to think Romo should be in the conversation for MVP (especially if Brady is in the conversation).

Here are some stats that I have carefully cherry picked to make Tony Romo look good.

Passer Rating:

GmF8jGY.png

ANY/A:

zb1HwA2.png

TD%:

TyPSFKh.png

AY/A:

Mv0ACZs.png

NY/A:

M5n8V9C.png

Y/A:

RPLhUzk.png

Cmp%:

ra56ovE.png

Int% Romo is 13th, but let's just sweep that stat aside. Regardless, my argument is that if Brady deserves to be in MVP conversation, Romo deserves to be in the MVP conversation.

Rodgers MVP.

Great argument for Rodgers.

Fox318

You also don't like the signing of Chase Headley so I am convinced that you should probably just give an intelligent, rational, thinking adult power of attorney and stop making your own decisions.

This year and next year its good but I don't see why they needed to sign him for 4 years.

zychi

Banned
I said it last night, if Rodgers misses the playoffs, Romo should be Mvp. His numbers are too similar to Rodgers to not be in the conversation.

He should be ahead of Murray because of the drop off from the beginning of the season(obv if Murray goes nuts and breaks the rushing record he deserves it)

Peyton isnt Peyton.
Brady had the "oh he's done!" game against KC.

Bowser

I said it last night, if Rodgers misses the playoffs, Romo should be Mvp. His numbers are too similar to Rodgers to not be in the conversation.

He should be ahead of Murray because of the drop off from the beginning of the season(obv if Murray goes nuts and breaks the rushing record he deserves it)

Peyton isnt Peyton.
Brady had the "oh he's done!" game against KC.

GB has pretty much clinched a spot. All they need to do to lock in the playoffs is beat Tampa Bay.

Spinluck

I watched both games vs the Colts this year and I can not understand why TWO teams gave up first round picks for Richardson. He is just terrible. I literally saw almost nothing positive about him

yesterday the CBS announcers were kind of gushing over him saying he just doesn't get enough chances, needs to lose a few pounds, etc.....he is just terrible.

The announcers always make excuses for him. It is kind of funny. Actually never mind, it isn't.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Dammit twitter, make up your mind!

Burt Lauten ‏@SteelersPRBurt 6m6 minutes ago

Confirmed by @EliasSports - the @steelers will clinch a playoff berth simply with a win vs. KC this weekend @heinzfield

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'll probably get hated on for this. watched Guardians of the Galaxy, and meh.

I won't meh, but I did enjoy it. With all the hype I heard about it I was expecting my pants to explode in excitement though.

Also can someone confirm if Derek Anderson is starting next week?

Farooq

Banned
Great argument for Rodgers.

These posts always are. This is about as close as Romo will get, there are games where he doesn't throw the ball particularly well, but still manages to execute the offense. Credit to him that he can play at a high level with diminishing skills.

Spinluck

Luckily for you the cowboys have one of the shittiest dlines in the league and a secondary that even mark Sanchez and jay cutler can makefool out of.

I would take the Murray vs. Colts D match up as it stands. Our offense has played like shit the last few weeks. Our coaches refuse to adjust to what we have now. Our defense has kept us in it recently, against Hoyer and Savage lol. Romo, and Murray will do the Lord's with against us. Slim chances of a win for us imo. Also, I doubt your pass rush is worse than ours, that would shock me

Bowser

Dammit twitter, make up your mind!

Burt Lauten ‏@SteelersPRBurt 6m6 minutes ago

Confirmed by @EliasSports - the @steelers will clinch a playoff berth simply with a win vs. KC this weekend @heinzfield

Messing around with the playoff machine, this looks to be true. With PIT beating KC, it doesn't matter how I mess around with the other contenders, at least a WC berth is sewn up.

bionic77

Guardians sucks?

Fuck!

I am so tired of the typical marvel trash but my paralegal got this for me for Xmas. My sister and friends told me it was something you would love if you grew up in the 80s so I went all in.

Guardians sucks?

Fuck!

I am so tired of the typical marvel trash but my paralegal got this for me for Xmas. My sister and friends told me it was something you would love if you grew up in the 80s so I went all in.

Guardians doesn't suck. ez hates everything and BG's been outta pocket since Money shat the bed yesterday.

It's a nice fun little Summer popcorn flick.

Top Bottom