• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 15 |OT| Drunk in Love

Fantomex

Does Philbin call the plays?

I really don't like evaluating coaches on a play by play basis. If those plays had worked out would Philbin be called a genius?

When he wants to. No joke. That's what he did the last 3 games. All of a sudden he would overrule whatever had been called on defense or offense if he didn't agree with it.

ShaneB

Well now that I'm likely out of fantasy football, I don't have to cheer for some wacky result where Le'Veon Bell gets lots of points against the Chiefs next week, and the Chiefs still win. I can just cheer for the Chiefs to win and demolish the stupid Steelers.

I would love to see Harbs in Pittsburgh.

We would only get 3-5 years before he wore out his welcome, but our team would be really good for that period of time.

His first act would be to get rid of LeBeau and hire a defensive coordinator who knew how to gameplan around the new rules that don't allow you to kill players going across the middle.

I love how lame ducks are seen as the answer to 'x' teams' problems. He couldn't make it there but he'll make it here!

No he does not call the plays but in the GB game he did tell Lazor to throw on 2nd down:

I don't see the problem with that. Play to win. People would be tripping over themselves to kiss Belichick's ass if he did it.

Well now that I'm likely out of fantasy football, I don't have to cheer for some wacky result where Le'Veon Bell gets lots of points against the Chiefs next week, and the Chiefs still win. I can just cheer for the Chiefs to win and demolish the stupid Steelers.

Might wanna hedge your bets just in case you decide to squicken to the Steelers next year.

Fantomex

I love how lame ducks are seen as the answer to 'x' teams' problems. He couldn't make it there but he'll make it here!

I don't see the problem with that. Play to win. People would be tripping over themselves to kiss Belichick's ass if he did it.

Have you seen our receivers? we got a rookie who was on special teams 5 weeks ago leading our offense on yards...

eznark

Banned
I honestly think he's a good coach. But he made a bad call on Kap. Look at what's happening in Washington. you can't screw up on your QB.

I said it last week but I think he is basically Mike Keenan. He can spark a talented group for a couple years and get them over the proverbial hump but he can only be tolerated for a couple of years before he gets old and stale.

Spinluck

Is Munn included in this deal?

Watt doesn't have time for women with all of his media commitments. She would be the perfect way for him to release some tension while continuing to date Rodgers (like Watt she also likes attention).

This trade makes perfect sense for everyone involved.

:lollloololol

Its a results bussiness. My biggest problem is with the panicky nature of it. It them came out and threw 3 times to get a 1st down and win the game fine, but running on 1st down and then deciding to pass on 2nd down is fucking stupid.

eznark

Banned
Its a results bussiness. My biggest problem is with the panicky nature of it. It them came out and threw 3 times to get a 1st down and win the game fine, but running on 1st down and then deciding to pass on 2nd down is fucking stupid.

lolwat

most playcalls are dictated by what happened on the previous play

Presented without further comment

B46Fpr7CIAEUXBV.jpg:large

I honestly think he's a good coach. But he made a bad call on Kap. Look at what's happening in Washington. you can't screw up on your QB.

I don't think he made a bad call on Kap. He made a great call. Problem was Kap couldn't close the deal when given the chance. Alex Smith wasn't winning the Niners a Super Bowl either.

Have you seen our receivers? we got a rookie who was on special teams 5 weeks ago leading our offense on yards...

I don't know what you're looking for then. Conservative play calling rarely works in today's NFL.

I do like how you're throwing your team under the bus though. Given up on Hartline and Wallace already huh?

Either you are trying to run out the clock there or you are trying to pick up a first down. Lazor was clearly going to run it 3 times to take as much time as possible off the clock. Philbin let him run it on first down, but then he panicked and decided to force him to pass on 2nd down.

bionic77

I am sick of Tomlin and Lebeau.

Lebeau is a hall of famer as both a player and a coach, but the game has passed him by thanks to the rule changes. He has not shown any answers or solutions for how to defend under the new rules.

Tomlin reacts way too slowly and I don't see enough improvement for the secondary and low level players. Since he is not a tactical genius that is what I would want to see from him. But our young defensive players suck almost as much as our vets.

ACE 1991

Not even close to being over. Colts is a super tough match up for Dallas and Philly cant lose to these two scrubs.

That Washington game might come back to haunt Dallas and even with 11 wins they wouldn't make it.

Has an 11-5 team ever missed the playoffs? Probably but I can probably count on one hand the number of times its happened.

If they beat the Colts the Eagles miss the playoffs though, right?

eznark

Banned
Either you are trying to run out the clock there or you are trying to pick up a first down. Lazor was clearly going to run it 3 times to take as much time as possible off the clock. Philbin let him run it on first down, but then he panicked and decided to force him to pass on 2nd down.

I'm so baffled by this I don't even know how to respond.

This is Troy's victory lap. He's gone end of year. Fortunately our shitty defense doesn't revolve around him like the Packers with Hawk.
The two weeks prior to this Hawk barely played! It was glorious! We need to play more pass-only teams.

Fantomex

I don't think he made a bad call on Kap. He made a great call. Problem was Kap couldn't close the deal when given the chance. Alex Smith wasn't winning the Niners a Super Bowl either.

I don't know what you're looking for then. Conservative play calling rarely works in today's NFL.

I do like how you're throwing your team under the bus though. Given up on Hartline and Wallace already huh?

Hartline lost almost all his burst this year. The little he had. It was apparent by week 4. Money mike has never been good. We all agreed with Bionic after his first year.

Striker

Sounds convincing that Tom Coughlin is returning, and McAdoo gets more time to toy with Eli, Beckham, Cruz, and friends. Definitely need to add a speed back some where in the draft, and would love to see another threat be it at wide receiver or TE. Donnell will be a RFA I believe - he isn't going anywhere but they can certainly upgrade if necessary.

Hopefully Fewell and Quinn are both canned. Terrible defense most of the year and yet another season on Specials with poor return coverage and blocking.

Spinluck

Did he day say the Colts were a super tough match up for the Cowboys? Lol. Are you crazy? Last I checked, they had Murray and we're the fucking Colts. Luck will have to throw 5TDs for us to win, and with Trent and a busted Wayne being a focal point of the offense that is not happening. TY Hilton might also miss this week.

This shit O-line will also get swallowed up, and Luck will die for our sins. Throwing a taint or two in the process.

I am sick of Tomlin and Lebeau.

Lebeau is a hall of famer as both a player and a coach, but the game has passed him by thanks to the rule changes. He has not shown any answers or solutions for how to defend under the new rules.

Tomlin reacts way too slowly and I don't see enough improvement for the secondary and low level players. Since he is not a tactical genius that is what I would want to see from him. But our young defensive players suck almost as much as our vets.

Kinda not seeing the forest for the trees.

This defense is young, and is only going to get younger next year when Troy retires. Find me the defense that went from perennial top 3 defense to new talent and didn't skip a beat. The Patriots are only just now returning to a top 10 squad after their run a decade ago!

This makes no mention of the offense, or that the Steelers punch their playoff ticket by beating the Chiefs next week and could take the north if they beat the Bengals, or that the D leads the league in Taints.

MechDX

Did he day say the Colts were a super tough match up for the Cowboys? Lol. Are you crazy? Last I checked, they had Murray and we're the fucking Colts. Luck will have to throw 5TDs for us to win, and with Trent and a busted Wayne being a focal point of the offense that is not happening. TY Hilton might also miss this week.

This shit O-line will also get swallowed up, and Luck will die for our sins.

I watched both games vs the Colts this year and I can not understand why TWO teams gave up first round picks for Richardson. He is just terrible. I literally saw almost nothing positive about him

yesterday the CBS announcers were kind of gushing over him saying he just doesn't get enough chances, needs to lose a few pounds, etc.....he is just terrible.

bionic77

Kinda not seeing the forest for the trees.

This defense is young, and is only going to get younger next year when Troy retires. Find me the defense that went from perennial top 3 defense to new talent and didn't skip a beat. The Patriots are only just now returning to a top 10 squad after their run a decade ago!

This makes no mention of the offense, or that the Steelers punch their playoff ticket by beating the Chiefs next week and could take the north if they beat the Bengals, or that the D leads the league in Taints.
I agree we don't have the talent but I also don't think Lebeau knows how to defend against a offense in 2014 with all the rules protecting receivers.

That requires a more modern defense. His defense worked for every era of football until now. And I don't think he can come up with a solution or new scheme at his age. We need someone new.

Fantomex

Since I have not watched daytime tv in the longest time I had to google her.

Eh not bad but not dang worthy.

You are probably attracted to her tv personalty.

Also get a job you hippy.

I'm trying. I put on the TV to combat them loneliness feels.

Haha Deacon, you get no credit you scrub. Well actually, you were right about Trent truck.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I agree we don't have the talent but I also don't think Lebeau knows how to defend against a offense in 2014 with all the rules protecting receivers.

That requires a more modern defense. His defense worked for every era of football until now. And I don't think he can come up with a solution or new scheme at his age. We need someone new.

Wait. You actually believe the shit you're typing? harson jr. is your new name.

Maybe you're right about Lebeau, but the defense is improving.

I wish Jarvis hadn't gotten injured. I'm glad Deebo came back and is ending his career here like he was supposed to, but like Kiesel and Troy, he is the past. Jones, Tuitt, Heyward, McLendon, Timmons and Shazier need snaps together.

bionic77

Wait. You actually believe the shit you're typing? harson jr. is your new name.
I came up with this theory a few weeks ago while taking a dump so of course I believe it. I am very protective of my theories (give me some credit here a lot of them have panned otu). I followed this up with a shower in which I came up with a theory for who killed Hae (my theory was that Adnan hired Jay).

bionic77

Maybe you're right about Lebeau, but the defense is improving.

I wish Jarvis hadn't gotten injured. I'm glad Deebo came back and is ending his career here like he was supposed to, but like Kiesel and Troy, he is the past. Jones, Tuitt, Heyward, McLendon, Timmons and Shazier need snaps together.
It is also possible that we just suck and have trash instead of pros.

But my theory is a lot more interesting than that one!

This shit O-line will also get swallowed up, and Luck will die for our sins. Throwing a taint or two in the process.

Luckily for you the cowboys have one of the shittiest dlines in the league and a secondary that even mark Sanchez and jay cutler can makefool out of.

Bowser

6th seed and into the SuperBowl! Worked before

I really do hope Detroit gets that 2nd seed. Totally putting the cart WAYYYYY before the horse, but the possibility of sneaking into the playoffs with 7 wins and then potentially facing Ryan Lindley/Logan Thomas and then Fatford (GB would smash Philly again IMO) would be fucking amazing.

eznark

Banned
I really do hope Detroit gets that 2nd seed. Totally putting the cart WAYYYYY before the horse, but the possibility of sneaking into the playoffs with 7 wins and then potentially facing Ryan Lindley/Logan Thomas and then Fatford (GB would smash Philly again IMO) would be fucking amazing.

Sky is the limit with Derek Anderson. Unfortunately for you Scam will be back.

Eagles are not getting in? No way does Dallas lose another game. They are a matchup nightmare for the Colts and the Skins have totally given up this year.

Top Bottom