• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 15 |OT| Drunk in Love

bionic77

Guardians doesn't suck. ez hates everything and BG's been outta pocket since Money shat the bed yesterday.

It's a nice fun little Summer popcorn flick.
That's sounds like typical marvel trash.

It seems like all of their movies are written for 10 year olds.

I need a little more at my age than tights, angst and bad CG!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Just watch it man. I rate a lot of other Marvel movies well above it but I will say the characters were very enjoyable.

njean777

so what we all agree Dallas has a 50/50 chance of losing against the colts? Luck likes to pull miracles ( for instance: last years play offs).

Spinluck

Guardians was entertaining, I liked it. But yeah, it's structured like your typical Marvel flick. I like James Gunn a lot so I dug the humor, and the soundtrack was awesome as well. An old like bionic should be appreciate that part of it. The CG wasn't that bad, but the set pieces were disappointing though, shit looked TV tier at times. Nonetheless, this was probably Marvel's best year movie wise.

so what we all agree Dallas has a 50/50 chance of losing against the colts? Luck likes to pull miracles ( for instance: last years play offs).

We are only winning because Luck and defense now. Murray will take one of those things from us, and Luck needs the other team to stick their heads up their ass to conjure his miracles. I don't think we win because this match up just screams Cowboys, but I'd gladly take Luck pulling some bullshit to win the game for us if it came down to that. It's just that the offense has been sooooo bad.

Dammit twitter, make up your mind!

Burt Lauten ‏@SteelersPRBurt 6m6 minutes ago

Confirmed by @EliasSports - the @steelers will clinch a playoff berth simply with a win vs. KC this weekend @heinzfield

What?

Really?

So if you guys win, that means we make the playoffs too!

Unless Buffalo wins both their games

Fox318

d2Qo6z2.jpg

Colts have already clinched their playoff spot. Dallas needs the game the Colts do not. Indy also has a terrible run defense. The Cowboys are going to win this game going away. Best hope for the Eagles is Colt comes back for the Skins and Dallas over looks them some how in the last game. Another scenario that is just as likely is the Bears beat the Lions this week. Then GB crushes them week 17 and the Eagles get a WC, and a 1st round date with the Cowboys.

njean777

Colts have already clinched their playoff spot. Dallas needs the game the Colts do not. Indy also has a terrible run defense. The Cowboys are going to win this game going away. Best hope for the Eagles is Colt comes back for the Skins and Dallas over looks them some how in the last game. Another scenario that is just as likely is the Bears beat the Lions this week. Then GB crushes them week 17 and the Eagles get a WC, and a 1st round date with the Cowboys.

Bears beat the lions? That would be an even bigger miracle then Dallas losing.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I just realized who the next Jets head coach will be.....

XMup9IG.jpg

He has a close relationship with the Jets owner.

You're not allowed to have him until he "retires"!

Messing around with the playoff machine, this looks to be true. With PIT beating KC, it doesn't matter how I mess around with the other contenders, at least a WC berth is sewn up.

Apparently, the playoff machines weren't correctly doing the tiebreakers last night, hence all the twitter confusion.

What?

Really?

So if you guys win, that means we make the playoffs too!

Unless Buffalo wins both their games

Pretty sure the Bungles need to win another game. 9-6-1 leaves you vulnerable to the Bills and Chargers.

Bears beat the lions? That would be an even bigger miracle then Dallas losing.

stafford passed 150 yards on Sunday. The Lions have been running on fumes for a while now and have needed miracles to beat the Falcons, Fins, and Vikings in recent weeks. It wouldnt surprise me at all to see the Bears actually show up for that game. Last game in Detroit the Bears were up 14 - 0 and then Jpout threw a bunch of picks and Forte only got 5 touches. Hopefully CFL coach has learned something from the last meeting.

njean777

stafford passed 150 yards on Sunday. The Lions have been running on fumes for a while now and have needed miracles to beat the Falcons, Fins, and Vikings in recent weeks. It wouldnt surprise me at all to see the Bears actually show up for that game. Last game in Detroit the Bears were up 14 - 0 and then Jpout threw a bunch of picks and Forte only got 5 touches. Hopefully CFL coach has learned something from the last meeting.

Chip needs to motivate the Bears it seems. Promise cutler a cig after every touchdown chip that will motivate him.

David Newton ‏@DNewtonespn 5m5 minutes ago
Rivera said Cam Newton's injury can get worse if he gets hit in that area again. #Panthers

David Newton ‏@DNewtonespn 4m4 minutes ago
Rivera said he wouldn't have shut down Cam Newton had #Panthers been eliminated from playoff contention.

This guy Ron

David Newton ‏@DNewtonespn 5m5 minutes ago
Rivera said Cam Newton's injury can get worse if he gets hit in that area again. #Panthers

David Newton ‏@DNewtonespn 4m4 minutes ago
Rivera said he wouldn't have shut down Cam Newton had #Panthers been eliminated from playoff contention.

This guy Ron

dafuq

So what do you think the expected win total for that talent group should be?
This team should have made the playoffs this year. 10+ wins should be achievable with this roster.

The book on Philbin as a head coach has been written. Nice guy, good football knowledge, detail oriented, but awful at leading, motivating, and making clutch decisions and adjustments during games.

Philbin is the perfect example of good but not good enough. 8-6 last year, the team needs one win against a bad team (Bills and Jets) and they come out looking unprepared and totally outmatched. They get embarrassed in both games and miss the playoffs.

This year, look at the early games against the Bills and Chiefs. Both games were close but got away in the second half. Look at the blown lead in the Packers game and the horrible time management and play calling by Philbin near the end. Look at the blown lead against Detroit. Look at the blown lead against Denver. Look at the blown lead against Baltimore. These are all second half blown leads, by the way. Look at the 1 point game that turned into a second half blowout against New England. How much evidence do you need to be convinced that Philbin has reached his ceiling and does not have what it takes to push this team into being a contender?

That's the big picture. If you want we can talk about the small picture, like the colossal lack of leadership that was the 2013 bullying scandal. Or Jared Odrick yelling in Philbin's face on the sideline a few games ago. Or Philbin's insistence to keep Dallas Thomas in games when he is consistently getting destroyed and ruining the offense's chance at getting anything going. Or the fact that he will tell offensive coordinators to abandon the run when he gets a whim, which never works out well.

An aside, let's talk about the Packers game. Dolphins are up by a few with 2 minutes or so to play, first and 10, their ball. First play is a run for no gain, Packers call a TO. Second play is a pass which is fine, you're playing to win. The play breaks down, Tannehill escapes the pocket and throws it away. This play makes Joe Philbin nervous so he calls a running play on 3rd and 10! What happened to trying to win the game? Dolphins punt, the rest is history. This is entirely Philbin's doing as he later admits in the press conference.

If you are going to win a SB you need a head coach with some balls, a guy who can motivate and push a team to be their best. Look at John Harbaugh and the Ravens in their game against Miami. Third quarter, 3 point game, 4th and 1 on their own 35 and they go for it! They get the first and turn the drive into a TD. That's a real coach. Philbin punts there 100 times out of 100.

No one is saying everything is entirely Philbin's fault. Ross is a fucking idiot and the team will probably never get a good HC because of him. However, that doesn't change the fact that Philbin has been unable to get the job done. This year needed to be playoffs or bust and the opportunities were there, but once again the soft Dolphins under soft Joe wilt in December. Keep making excuses but the fact is he has done nothing to show he deserves YET ANOTHER shot.

Also, read this: http://m.bleacherreport.com/article...-of-offensive-line-epitomizes-joe-philbin-era

Great read from a guy who does really good weekly film breakdowns of Dolphins games.

Fire Philbin.

Bowser

Personally, I think Carolina will start DA vs. the Browns. Their top two CBs may miss the game, it's a home game, and the Browns really have nothing to play for. If we win that, Cam will play in Atlanta.

Tom Penny

never seen it, but I'd say the same about Galaxy. It was fine but lots of pointless garbagio, as is expected in the first of a planned franchise.

Galaxy was ok and had the same the same plot as million other movies that were considered good. Try to get something, a bad guy wants it too, can't let the bad guy get it. Not much filler IMO.

Top Bottom