• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 15 |OT| Drunk in Love

Fantomex

Some people like grown up movies. Some people like talking raccoons.

They both cater to the same dreams. That you'll fly a spaceship with aliens, and that you'll ever bang chicks as hot as those.

They're both make believe. It would be better if dudes just straight out said they liked the boobs in Wall Street. But that would totally dismiss their arguement about what a grown up movie is. I at least appreciate Bionic and FMTs honesty.

k4f1iom_1__by_stonehot316-d6u0gaz.gif
I answered your question. I guess you're not interested in talking about football anymore, too distracted writing Joe Philbin fan fiction.

eznark

Banned
I answered your question. I guess you're not interested in talking about football anymore, too distracted writing Joe Philbin fan fiction.

eat shit?

Nowhere in that post was a solution. Just a lot of gripes. For instance, I'd like to see the Packers move on from Capers and promote Joe Whitt Jr. from within and bring back Kevin Greene as ADC/LB Coach.

Bread

Banned
They both cater to the same dreams. That you'll fly a spaceship with aliens, and that you'll ever bang chicks as hot as those.

They're both make believe. It would be better if dudes just straight out said they liked the boobs in Wall Street. But that would totally dismiss their arguement about what a grown up movie is. I at least appreciate Bionic and FMTs honesty.
But...wolf of wall street isn't make believe

This team should have made the playoffs this year. 10+ wins should be achievable with this roster.

The book on Philbin as a head coach has been written. Nice guy, good football knowledge, detail oriented, but awful at leading, motivating, and making clutch decisions and adjustments during games.

Philbin is the perfect example of good but not good enough. 8-6 last year, the team needs one win against a bad team (Bills and Jets) and they come out looking unprepared and totally outmatched. They get embarrassed in both games and miss the playoffs.

This year, look at the early games against the Bills and Chiefs. Both games were close but got away in the second half. Look at the blown lead in the Packers game and the horrible time management and play calling by Philbin near the end. Look at the blown lead against Detroit. Look at the blown lead against Denver. Look at the blown lead against Baltimore. These are all second half blown leads, by the way. Look at the 1 point game that turned into a second half blowout against New England. How much evidence do you need to be convinced that Philbin has reached his ceiling and does not have what it takes to push this team into being a contender?

That's the big picture. If you want we can talk about the small picture, like the colossal lack of leadership that was the 2013 bullying scandal. Or Jared Odrick yelling in Philbin's face on the sideline a few games ago. Or Philbin's insistence to keep Dallas Thomas in games when he is consistently getting destroyed and ruining the offense's chance at getting anything going. Or the fact that he will tell offensive coordinators to abandon the run when he gets a whim, which never works out well.

An aside, let's talk about the Packers game. Dolphins are up by a few with 2 minutes or so to play, first and 10, their ball. First play is a run for no gain, Packers call a TO. Second play is a pass which is fine, you're playing to win. The play breaks down, Tannehill escapes the pocket and throws it away. This play makes Joe Philbin nervous so he calls a running play on 3rd and 10! What happened to trying to win the game? Dolphins punt, the rest is history. This is entirely Philbin's doing as he later admits in the press conference.

If you are going to win a SB you need a head coach with some balls, a guy who can motivate and push a team to be their best. Look at John Harbaugh and the Ravens in their game against Miami. Third quarter, 3 point game, 4th and 1 on their own 35 and they go for it! They get the first and turn the drive into a TD. That's a real coach. Philbin punts there 100 times out of 100.

No one is saying everything is entirely Philbin's fault. Ross is a fucking idiot and the team will probably never get a good HC because of him. However, that doesn't change the fact that Philbin has been unable to get the job done. This year needed to be playoffs or bust and the opportunities were there, but once again the soft Dolphins under soft Joe wilt in December. Keep making excuses but the fact is he has done nothing to show he deserves YET ANOTHER shot.

Also, read this: http://m.bleacherreport.com/article...-of-offensive-line-epitomizes-joe-philbin-era

Great read from a guy who does really good weekly film breakdowns of Dolphins games.

Fire Philbin.

I was going to link to that article, great points all around

#firephilbin

Fantomex

He's a master troll. I've realized it. Gets people to get angry and then when they explode he puts his thoughts into a question like, Well what do you think _______, or __________ about __________?

Once I learned that months ago it became easier to understand him :)

Bread

Banned
Indeed. I'm sure the movie is exactly how it all went down.
Jordan Belfort didn't swindle millions from hard working Americans and use the proceeds on drugs, sex, and cars? I'm not sure how one can consider the movie to be fantasy on the same level as GotG.

eat shit?

Nowhere in that post was a solution. Just a lot of gripes. For instance, I'd like to see the Packers move on from Capers and promote Joe Whitt Jr. from within and bring back Kevin Greene as ADC/LB Coach.
I'm not claiming to have the answer, just claiming that it's clearly not Philbin. I'm not going to pretend like I can evaluate head coaching candidates but at times it's easy to see when current coaches aren't going to get it done.

The solution is bring in someone better, otherwise this team will never win a SB. That's the bottom line.

Fantomex

I'm not claiming to have the answer, just claiming that it's clearly not Philbin. I'm not going to pretend like I can evaluate head coaching candidates but at times it's easy to see when current coaches aren't going to get it done.

The solution is bring in someone better, otherwise this team will never win a SB. That's the bottom line.

Cuz stone cold said so!!!

eznark

Banned

My solution would be to bring in a new GM, let him evaluate Philbin, Lazor and the rest who are under contract anyway, and move on after 2015 unless he blows you away. Hire Kevin Abrams away, that's who I would want.

Solutions based whining is more palatable than "anybody but X" fan whine.

My solution would be to bring in a new GM, let him evaluate Philbin, Lazor and the rest who are under contract anyway, and move on after 2015 unless he blows you away. Hire Kevin Abrams away, that's who I would want.

What GM is going to want this job if Philbin is staying? Isn't that exactly what happened last year with Dennis Hickey?

By the way, Hickey has done fine so far. Top two picks are already two of the best players on the team and a lot of the others have potential.

Right now Philbin is problem number one (or two if you count Ross).

I never said anybody but Philbin! I would prefer if the next HC was an improvement.

I thought we were talking about why Philbin doesn't deserve another season so I addressed that point.

I think we should clean house, hire a GM, get an offensive minded coach, preferably a younger up and coming guy instead of an older vet (Cowher, etc) and see what happens.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Guardians sucks?

Fuck!

I am so tired of the typical marvel trash but my paralegal got this for me for Xmas. My sister and friends told me it was something you would love if you grew up in the 80s so I went all in.

Hah I loved it and grew up in the 80's.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Only fun thing left is bumping Ravens from playoffs. Don't see how that is possible though.

Case gets his revenge on Kubes. It is written.

Matrix

Jason Cole from BR reporting Texans will release Dre if he does not take a pay cut in the off season.

:(

He's not been that good this year, not that he's had a real QB to throw to him.

jakncoke

Banned
Remember when Ben and the Steelers spammed Hines Ward so he could reach 1000 catches. I wonder if they'd do the same for Antonio Brown to get the single season record if he has a good game against KCC.

Top Bottom