• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 15 |OT| Drunk in Love

Trey

Johnson Bademosi on why he wore an "I Can't Breathe" shirt during pregame warmups:

When athletes step into the social sphere and express opinions on issues outside of sports, we’re often met with one of two reactions. The majority of people thank us for peeling back the curtain on identities shrouded by uniforms. A small minority of people respond with what amounts to, “Shut up and play.” These are the same people who buy jerseys and tickets to games, or watch religiously on television. They help pay our salaries, and because of that they think they have a right to tell us what we can and can’t say, essentially, what kind of men we ought to be. A lot of fans wear the jersey, and they consider it costume, not representative of a human being. Some support us as players but not as men.

bionic77

Remember when Ben and the Steelers spammed Hines Ward so he could reach 1000 catches. I wonder if they'd do the same for Antonio Brown to get the single season record if he has a good game against KCC.
I would love to see that in a game that we need to win to get into the playoffs!

Kas has a name.

david-stern-chokes-on-water-during-nets-clippers-game.gif

Zeke

I'm hearing that it's possible that Daniel Snyder could take the Redskins franchise (under a different name) to LA and the DC area would just have to wait three years to get another franchise.

I'd take that deal.
No fucking way is that even a remote possibility.

that was actually kap's best game against the seachickens in seattle. i actually felt ok about his performance. he was still average at best but i've seen great QB's completely collapse in seattle. kap missed some throws, missed some reads but overall he played much better than he did 2 weeks ago. also felt our offensive line did good work. hyde was beasting and although i am sad to see gore (likely) gone, hyde has shown a lot of explosiveness

Hyde looked great until he was hurt. Everything was clicking well until the injuries really. Obviously the QB position needs to improve but I felt that Kap played well yesterday as well. No turnovers!

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
The game doesn't end until like, 530 am here. The next thread will go up approximately 6:30 am here. 1230am EST. I already did that shit, but if y'all can't wait, somebody else can do it and I'll just go shit on their doorstep.

The game doesn't end until like, 530 am here. The next thread will go up approximately 6:30 am here. 1230am EST. I already did that shit, but if y'all can't wait, somebody else can do it and I'll just go shit on their doorstep.

Nah you got it.

Unless Kas gets impatient and posts his shrine to Stafford that he's been sitting on for five weeks

Colasante

So the Steelers only need to beat the Chiefs to clinch a playoff spot, and the Ravens only need to beat Case Keenum/Thad Lewis and Johnny Manziel/Brian Hoyer in order to clinch a playoff spot. Thanks for playing, Chiefs and Chargers, but I think the wild card spots have been decided.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
So the Steelers only need to beat the Chiefs to clinch a playoff spot, and the Ravens only need to beat Case Keenum/Thad Lewis and Johnny Manziel/Brian Hoyer in order to clinch a playoff spot. Thanks for playing, Chiefs and Chargers, but I think the wild card spots have been decided.
Hilariously, the Bengals could still miss the playoffs in that scenario.

ShaneB

reidwtfresizecwlu6.gif

MechDX

if going from Mallett to Fitz was like moving back in with your parents after college, going to Keenum is like being Billy Madison, but poor

Damn.

BigAT

1) i dont understand how that hit on Savage wasn't a penalty. guy hit him right in the knee.
2) if it weren't for bad luck, (yes there is such thing as luck) the texans would have no luck at all.

Luck is a quarterback, that is why the Texans have no luck at all.

cajunator

Banned
Just remembered the Saints play tonight in Chicago.
yeowch.
they made some roster moves and defensive changes so I guess we will see if it works or not.

bionic77

Watching the Star Wars trailer on our new tv and I swear that is the best thing I have seen from Hollywood since I was a kid.

Yes its nostalgia and yes it is still awesome. You haters can go fuck yourselves!

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Watching the Star Wars trailer on our new tv and I swear that is the best thing I have seen from Hollywood since I was a kid.

Yes its nostalgia and yes it is still awesome. You haters can go fuck yourselves!

i watched the original star wars on blu-ray the other day, talk about ruining nostalgia, holy smokes batman. None of the effects have held up at all.

Laughable how easy both their schedules have been, but teams like those get bounced really early on. Then again, whoever gets the Bengals assuming they win the division have a much better chance than the team that gets the Colts.

If you tell me that Joe Philbin doesn't look like he could win a Super Bowl, then I fear what you see in Tannehill.

Philbin won a super bowl with the Packers. Unless you're talking about the Dolphins, then no, there's no chance he would win one with the Dolphins. Mostly because its the Dolphins, but he's also not a good head coach for this team.

And what I see in Tannehill is a top 15 QB who could possibly reach into the top 10 at his peak. But the stars would have to align and by stars I mean the WR have to catch his balls, even if they're inaccurate, the run game has to get at least 100 a game and the o-line has to protect him.

David Newton ‏@DNewtonespn 28m28 minutes ago
#Panthers O coordinator Mike Shula said Cam Newton called the pass play to Kelvin Benjamin on final drive.

Let Derek Anderson be the QB, let Cam be the offensive coordinator, fire Shula, and we're Super Bowl bound.

Tamanon

Banned
Adding further excitement to this Thursday's game, Bortles is listed as Questionable with a mild foot sprain.

It's a battle for possibly the first pick, and we might be bringing out our secret weapon Chad Henne.

Furyous

BrownsGAF let's talk draft order as of now.

Let's say we lose our final two games which is looking likely and the rams win theirs. We'll be in 12th slot. Do we trade up to draft someone? Jameis or Mariotta should be available if we trade into the right slot, imjustsayin. Does RG3 for JP make sense to that Washington team if Jay Gruden is the coach next season?

I feel bad for the Texans because all three of their QBs on their starting roster are injured. Thad Lewis is a competent backup QB.

CardsGAF, we are screwed with our QB situation. Ryan Lindley is not a starting QB but we have to roll with him. *sighs*

Draxal

I don't think we're far off on the offensive side of the ball. I think we have the pieces to put together a solid offensive line. Injuries and some poor FA decisions have put in a shitty position right now.

JD Walton needs to go. If he would have been a vet minimum signing, fine but he's paid starting center money. Fuck that. Cut him. Weston Richburg is the future at center. Slide the kid over and let him play his natural position. He's been up and down at guard but I'd prefer that and him getting experience than sitting on the bench.

Beatty/Pugh on the outside is fine. Pugh has been up and down in his second year but he'll level out. Geoff Schwartz needs to be in his natural RG position. We need a stud at LG and that's a solid line. The other option is grab a tackle at the top of the 1st and slide Pugh inside but I think the Giants solidly want him at RT.

Defensively is where things on this team get interesting. Safety is a gaping hole next season. Linebacker continues to be a joke outside of Kennard who's been a fucking breath of fresh air and we still need depth on the defensive line. Especially if we let JPP walk.Whatever we do personnel wise, Perry's time is over. Outside of 2010 and the SB run, his defenses have been poor even when the team was healthy.

Yeah I think we're saying the same thing.;)

Walton's gone, Richburg is moving to center. If you're drafting an OL where the Giants are drafting, it makes sense to go for a stud lt, but Beatty can only play LT, so that tackle switches to RT for next year, and thus forcing a move for Pugh inside. I'm not sure Beatty will be here after next year, and then you can kick back Pugh outside again.

edit. I so desperately wanted Zach Martin last year, and while Marting is a good player, I'd still take Beckham over him, he's just insanely good. As for the D, I wanted Fewell gone years ago.

Sanjuro

Philbin won a super bowl with the Packers. Unless you're talking about the Dolphins, then no, there's no chance he would win one with the Dolphins. Mostly because its the Dolphins, but he's also not a good head coach for this team.

And what I see in Tannehill is a top 15 QB who could possibly reach into the top 10 at his peak. But the stars would have to align and by stars I mean the WR have to catch his balls, even if they're inaccurate, the run game has to get at least 100 a game and the o-line has to protect him.

You could say the same thing about any other of the random head coaches the Dolphins would end up with.

I think Tannehill has improved, and has shown that he can be a starting quarterback in the NFL. Very much like other quarterbacks Ryan Fitzpatrick and Kyle Orton!

MechDX

You could say the same thing about any other of the random head coaches the Dolphins would end up with.

I think Tannehill has improved, and has shown that he can be a starting quarterback in the NFL. Very much like other quarterbacks Ryan Fitzpatrick and Kyle Orton!

Too soon.....

Even though he completely outplayed Orton in the game a few weeks ago. He's better than those guys, but obviously not even close to guys like Roethlisberger, Rivers (even though they blew out the Chargers 37-0), Luck, etc. At his best he can play with those guys since he has outplayed and beaten them all, some even in their own stadium, but he's not as consistently good as they are which is Tannehill's biggest problem.

Top Bottom