• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 15 |OT| Drunk in Love

Vyroxis

Banned
Carolina Panthers ‏@Panthers 2m2 minutes ago
Cam Newton has soreness but is in good spirits. He's excited to be discharged and begin recuperating with family.

tumblr_n9k8z2N7qX1qcjfe8o1_250.gif

That's awesome news. Here is to hoping he can com back healthy in a reasonable time span.

Crisco

Banned
We laugh and joke now (used to crashes because Byron Bell haha) because we know long term he's going to be OK, but real talk, he's lucky to still be breathing.

WTF kave why would you do this man?

Yeah the police diagram is pretty amazing. That was like a precision vehicular takedown maneuver, dude couldn't have hit Cam's car in a better spot to cause a rollover.

andthebeatgoeson

BigAT

Isn't he an engineer and thus smarter than all of us?

Ugly people can be smart too.

In fact the two often go hand in hand!

Frozen Caveman Lawyer was a lawyer, but that doesn't mean he couldn't use instruction from today's youth in order to educate him on all the frightening, modern things that he was unfamiliar with. Such is also the case for Frozen Caveman Engineer.

bionic77

Frozen Caveman Lawyer was a lawyer, but that doesn't mean he couldn't use instruction from today's youth in order to educate him on all the frightening, modern things that he was unfamiliar with. Such is also the case for Frozen Caveman Engineer.
Frozen caveman lawyer was smart.

He used his looks and our prejudices against cavemen to benefit himself and his client.

architectural design
I don't know shit about engineering.

Is that supposed to be easy, hard or are you just telling me what his major was?

Sanjuro

I posted a man trapped in an elevator thread.

GAF doesn't disappoint, by immediately blaming the guy trapped for smoking a cigarette. They must have been furious watching Die Hard for the first time.

Ugh, I miss when Bucket would just make all the OTs so we didn't get them full of hideous zero talents like Manziel.

Anyway, the Arizona Cardinals are still your NFL Overlords for another week! After conquering the Chiefs, we decided that feasting on the Lambs was so tasty, we'd do it again! 11-3 and playoffs, here we come! Go Cardinals!

As I've said before, this is the game I'm least confident in of the final three. We are really banged up, playing on a short week against the most physical team in the league in their own stadium. I just have to hope the fact that we are a flat out better team prevails. I'm especially looking forward to seeing if Cooper in the mix continues to massively improve our run blocking and allow our no-name RB committee to run against a top 2 D-Line in the league. Cromartie was upgraded to limited so hopefully he'll be a go come Thur and I'd hope Fitz is good to go again too, he makes all the difference in the world. I haven't heard anything on John Brown or Shaunessy yet but hopefully they're alright. It's hilarious out of context being the underdogs against the Rams (spread) but here we are! Time to lose some people money and seal our playoff entry with a win since I highly doubt Philly and Dallas tie this game. Go Cards!

ARI@STL

PIT@ATL
WAS@NYG
MIA@NE
OAK@KC
HOU@IND
CIN@CLE
JAC@BAL
GB@BUF
TB@CAR
NYJ@TEN
DEN@SD
MIN@DET
SF@SEA

DAL@PHI

NO@CHI

jmdajr

Stop being me dammit! There needs to be accountability somewhere. Boggles the mind we have one of the premiere med centers in the world just down the street from NRG and we can't seem to get a competent medical staff who could see this Shit.

Turns out the microfracture was there last year at USoC. No NFL doctor found it.

ultimate-warrior-laughing-o_zpsa8b6cd6a.gif

MechDX

J.J. Watt joined Reggie White, Derrick Thomas, DeMarcus Ware and Dwight Freeney as players w/ 50+ sacks in their first four seasons #Texans

SEXY stats, SEXY dude.

24 players in NFL history have had 2K yards receiving in their first two seasons of their career. Hopkins is 108 yards from joining. #Texans

New #1 WR. NUK!!!!!!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Stop being me dammit! There needs to be accountability somewhere. Boggles the mind we have one of the premiere med centers in the world just down the street from NRG and we can't seem to get a competent medical staff who could see this Shit.

Turns out the microfracture was there last year at USoC. No NFL doctor found it.

What are you talking about?

Microfracture surgery is used to regrow a person's cartilage. The doctors actually make the microfractures to encourage the growth.

There, now you've learned something.

MechDX

What are you talking about?

Microfracture surgery is used to regrow a person's cartilage. The doctors actually make the microfractures to encourage the growth.

There, now you've learned something.

Poor wording, on my phone. Had knee issues at USoC which couldn't be seen unless you went in surgically. Found them when they worked on the meniscus

jakncoke

Banned
Frozen caveman lawyer was smart.

He used his looks and our prejudices against cavemen to benefit himself and his client.

I don't know shit about engineering.

Is that supposed to be easy, hard or are you just telling me what his major was?

Saying what his major was, I assume it was extremely hard but what do I know.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Poor wording, on my phone. Had knee issues at USoC which couldn't be seen unless you went in surgically. Found them when they worked on the meniscus

So you're saying they should have done invasive surgery prior to drafting him?

e -

Doesn't Luck have some form of an architectural degree? Not quite engineering.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Fuck you guys.

What reason would I have for injuring Cam?

The Panthers don't play the Browns until next week it serves no purpose for me to hurt him now and take a chance he'd be back in 2 weeks.

C'mon!

DMczaf

Watched the Boz 30 for 30 last night. Although he did try to paint himself as "Just a lost kid lost in the character" a bit too much, he did own up to his mistakes, such as the NCAA = Russia t-shirt (which he shouldn't have, fuck the NCAA!)

Boz is coo wit me.

Trey

Fuck you guys.

What reason would I have for injuring Cam?

The Panthers don't play the Browns until next week it serves no purpose for me to hurt him now and take a chance he'd be back in 2 weeks.

C'mon!

should've injured Hoyer weeks ago.

MechDX

So you're saying they should have done invasive surgery prior to drafting him?

No but there were apparent issues that were neither caught or taken into consideration. As mentioned earlier its not just this one. We have had too many drafts and FA signing of players who suddenly have major issues and never or rarely play.

If Clowney makes it back for training camp he can join Louis Nix as 2 nd year rookies basically. Nix was a 3rd round selection and placed on IR before the season even started

Yeah the police diagram is pretty amazing. That was like a precision vehicular takedown maneuver, dude couldn't have hit Cam's car in a better spot to cause a rollover.

Cam is now a walking PSA for ALWAYS WEARING YOUR FUCKING SEATBELTS. I DONT CARE HOW DORKY THEY MAKE YOU LOOK, WEAR THEM GODDAMNIT

Had he not yesterday, they would still be picking pieces of him off of S Church.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Samantha Ponder shared her wedding story.

I never was really a girl who planned out what my wedding would be, what my dress would look like. Everybody’s different. When we got married, he picked me up at the airport and I was wearing jeans and a sweatshirt and a hat. We drove the 20 minutes to Hudson or whatever it was, walked in, got married. Then we went and ate Arby’s as our wedding meal. We get way more attention than we ever deserve or need or want, because of our jobs. I don’t need a day that’s all about me. I was happy to go get married. That night after we had our Arby’s, we forgot the offensive line had an Ugly Sweater Party at a local restaurant. One of the guys texted Christian and asked, “Dude, where are you at?” We went to the mall and found ugly sweaters and went to the Ugly Sweater Party. We wanted to leave early, but everybody was like, “No, don’t leave.” I’m thinking, “Gosh, we just got married.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Smith admitted they knew about the microfracture surgery would be needed after he had surgery week 1 on his meniscus. Why not just do it then and IR him then? Instead of trotting Clowney back out to aggrivate it? Would have avoided missing the first half of next season.

Already some rumors swirling that BOB AND Smith done see eye to eye

It seems like the issue is that microfracture surgery is often a last desperate attempt to save a player's career. It also seems like a quick procedure but something about the cartilage that grows back isn't the same as what was there before and is more brittle. I think a 50% success rate for professional athletes specifically is generous based on what I've read.

No but there were apparent issues that were neither caught or taken into consideration. As mentioned earlier its not just this one. We have had too many drafts and FA signing of players who suddenly have major issues and never or rarely play.

If Clowney makes it back for training camp he can join Louis Nix as 2 nd year rookies basically. Nix was a 3rd round selection and placed on IR before the season even started

I must say not knowing about a microfracture that was previously diagnosed is pretty damning. That said I don't think any other team had any idea either.

BigAT

That's adorable.

MechDX

It seems like the issue is that microfracture surgery is often a last desperate attempt to save a player's career. It also seems like a quick procedure but something about the cartilage that grows back isn't the same as what was there before and is more brittle. I think a 50% success rate for professional athletes specifically is generous based on what I've read.

Its bleak to say the least. My issue is you don't play with a #1 overall picks future health. Procedure should have just been done week 1 when he had the meniscus surgery.

More pissed than anything I suppose. Now I think Mercilus may be out this week. Didn't play the 2nd half last week and we just signed an OLB off our PS

Spinluck

This week I say we put 3 guys on Watt, and just throw slants.

That or both teams can have a mutual agreement to keep both Luck and Watt out till the 4 quarter.

We have no more linemen :(

Tom Penny

Here's the NFL take on the Browner hit..

"I think the first problem [was that ] we announced helmet-to-helmet and this is not a helmet-to-helmet hit. That's incorrect.

"When you watch the play, Browner actually does a good job trying to lead with the shoulder and get his head to the side. You can see his head is to the side and he does lead with the shoulder.

"The rule does protect the receiver who is trying to catch a pass; it does protect him from hits with the shoulder and the forearm to the head and neck area. When you watch this replay coming up, you can see there is some initial contact to the facemask ... That's really where the foul is.

"This is close. It's a forcible hit. Is the contact, is that force to the head, or is it to the body? It is a very close play. But it's not a helmet-to-helmet hit and I think that's what confused a lot of people."

ShaneB

Do it.

But save some money first.

Like a lot

=( Well it was more about just not being scared of making a change, I guess I have no idea what dream to be heading towards either.

What is it about your job that you hate?

I think saving and leaving is a good option if it is that bad. You are pretty free until you have a mortgage and a family.

I just don't care at all about being here. I don't care about advancing, I don't care about the crap we make here, it all feels so useless and ultimately makes me feel worthless. It's just not what I pictured my life being at 32, I guess I had no idea what I pictured in any case. I want to be proud of what I do, feel like I can brag about my job. I don't make a lot of money, so it's not like that helps either, but I just want to not feel ashamed when I tell people what I do, or mumble away and hope the topic changes. This sort of stuff is what I'm nervous about when I go home for Christmas and people ask how work is going, etc etc. Know it can always be worse sure, but the fact things are so stagnant makes it hard to sleep at night when I dread the next day.

Fox318

I like how they pass this commercial off as having a family of lifelongs being "okay".

This is one type of people I'm completely bigoted against because all I see are parents who failed their children.

One of the strengths of the NFL is that there are fans from every team all over (Gata for example).

Whereas in the NHL, MLB, and the NBA its way more local.

You won't find a bunch of Blazers fans in Kentucky for example.

Top Bottom