• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 15 |OT| Drunk in Love

zychi

Banned
You paid more for your weak ass bitch of a QB. We got Kyle Orton, two 1st round picks and a 3rd for Cutler. Then you went on to pay him a King's ransom (more than what Peyton makes btw), and you didn't get a goddamn thing out of him.

If you want to latch on to the Pat's QB, then be my guest. If not, then don't be throwing stones from your glass house.

Too easy, every time.
youre attacking the pats again, who drafted brady, who is a skinny freak.

You paid for your qb and he came back from a surgery that usually requires a ped type drug.

Von miller is also on your team.

Youre throwing rocks at your own glass house

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Let the magic continue

5428d74704408ea7619a9e1b315d74b9.600x337x152.gif

InsidiousQueasyIndianpalmsquirrel.gif

KB about to go off. If you have him in your fantasy squads, start him this week

God damnit don't remind me. This draft class for WR has been unreal and lived up to the hype of it being loaded. Watkins, ODB, Evans, KB, and more. Pats went WR one year early and a garbage one at that.

He's very stubborn, likes to do things his way and won't adapt or change during a game. He did manage to change his approach to the team during practice and off the field after what happened last year but during the game he'll stick to the game plan even if it's not working and will refuse to adjust. He was refusing to fire Mike Sherman and it almost cost him his job last year. Coyle should have been fired too, his defense has regressed in the three years he's been there but Philbin is loyal to a fault.

He has made very questionable decisions late in games that lead to us loosing and not only does he refuse to admit he messed up, he'll actually do it again in another game. He's not the worse coach we've had since Shula retired but I just don't feel like he can push and get the most out of a roster. The Dolphins have talent but they don't have the brain trust to get them anywhere. I felt like he should have been let go last year and even a three game win streak to end the season (and no playoffs) shouldn't be enough to give him another chance next year.

Edit: Thomas gave up 4 sacks last game and Philbin refused to bench him for Fox who might not be great but sure as hell isn't as bad as Thomas. Even after the loss he wouldn't admit that maybe keeping Thomas in the game was a mistake. He gave the same non answer he always gives.

Again I don't get to see these things personally so it sounds like he's flawed from this. I liked his philosophy from what I saw on Hard Knocks, and his patience seemed like something to get behind. I was also under the impression that players liked him, not sure if that still holds up.

cdyhybrid

And peltny of those players including sherman are still on the seahawks ;). It's not any spin though, you just straight up said one of 2 things.

1. Your team was the league leader in PED suspensions and you were a fan (with browner on the roster) the year they won the superbowl.

or

2. You weren't a fan last year.

Personally? Who gives a shit about PEDs, everyone in the NFL does them, everyone in the MLB did and does still do them. Some are better at not getting caught than others.

1) Richard Sherman has never been suspended for a positive PED test.

Also, Brandon Browner had nothing to do with us winning the Super Bowl. Were *you* watching last year?

Ah, but the Pats pass defense went from 18th last season to 7th this season. They're clearly benefiting from the presence of a noted PED abuser (Brandon Browner).

2) I was indeed a fan last year, you can check the NFL threads from the 2013 season while you're looking for articles from that year if you don't believe me.

Also, I'll even help you out. Here is a list of Seahawks players that have been accused or suspended due to testing positive for PEDs in the last few seasons:

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2014/01/seahawks_performance_enhancing_drugs_peds.php

I'll even type it out for you:

John Moffit: Not on the team
Allen Barbre: Who? not on the team
Winston Guy: Not on the team
Richard Sherman: Still on the team, but still has a spotless record - ever suspended for PED use
Bruce Irvin: Still on the team (you've got one now!)
Walter Thurmond: Not on the team
Brandon Browner: Not on the team, I wonder where he ended up?

Maybe you should do some research.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

Also, Brandon Browner had nothing to do with us winning the Super Bowl. Were *you* watching last year?

Ah, but the Pats pass defense went from 18th last season to 7th this season. They're clearly benefiting from the presence of a noted PED abuser (Brandon Browner).

2) I was indeed a fan last year, you can check the NFL threads from the 2013 season while you're looking for articles from that year if you don't believe me.

Yeah from 18th to 7th... hmm has nothing to do with having revis on the roster. Sherman tested positive but won his appeal, whatever. still doesn't negate the 5 players on the roster who tested positive. Also doesn't matter if browner was there or not. You do know Browner was out several games this season no? Either way you rooted for a team with 5 players suspended for PEDs on the roster, don't care if they played or not, pretty clearly if there are 5 players getting suspended it's not an anamoly, it's a philosophy.

edit- I'm not an idiot I know you were a fan I was being sarcastic. You're whole choir boy mentality of your clean as a whistle argument was shot down, all I'm saying.

Respect

He's very stubborn, likes to do things his way and won't adapt or change during a game. He did manage to change his approach to the team during practice and off the field after what happened last year but during the game he'll stick to the game plan even if it's not working and will refuse to adjust. He was refusing to fire Mike Sherman and it almost cost him his job last year. Coyle should have been fired too, his defense has regressed in the three years he's been there but Philbin is loyal to a fault.

He has made very questionable decisions late in games that lead to us loosing and not only does he refuse to admit he messed up, he'll actually do it again in another game. He's not the worse coach we've had since Shula retired but I just don't feel like he can push and get the most out of a roster. The Dolphins have talent but they don't have the brain trust to get them anywhere. I felt like he should have been let go last year and even a three game win streak to end the season (and no playoffs) shouldn't be enough to give him another chance next year.

Edit: Thomas gave up 4 sacks last game and Philbin refused to bench him for Fox who might not be great but sure as hell isn't as bad as Thomas. Even after the loss he wouldn't admit that maybe keeping Thomas in the game was a mistake. He gave the same non answer he always gives.

Do you think Harbaugh would be a good fit there?

cdyhybrid

Yeah from 18th to 7th... hmm has nothing to do with having revis on the roster. Sherman tested positive but won his appeal, whatever. still doesn't negate the 5 players on the roster who tested positive. Also doesn't matter if browner was there or not. You do know Browner was out several games this season no? Either way you rooted for a team with 5 players suspended for PEDs on the roster, don't care if they played or not, pretty clearly if there are 5 players getting suspended it's not an anamoly, it's a philosophy.

edit- I'm not an idiot I know you were a fan I was being sarcastic. You're whole choir boy mentality of your clean as a whistle argument was shot down, all I'm saying.

See my edit, you're either being willfully ignorant or are arguing based on faulty information.

As you can clearly see from my edit, the team does not approve of PED use (Irvin was a young player and clearly just made a mistake) - all the players that were suspended aside from Irvin are no longer with the team.

The Pats however, willingly signed a noted PED abuser because it would benefit their team. Thus, I can only conclude that the Pats place winning football games above integrity, particularly when it comes to banned PED usage.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

Also, I'll even help you out. Here is a list of Seahawks players that have been accused or suspended due to testing positive for PEDs in the last few seasons:

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2014/01/seahawks_performance_enhancing_drugs_peds.php

I'll even type it out for you:

John Moffit: Not on the team
Allen Barbre: Who? not on the team
Winston Guy: Not on the team
Richard Sherman: Still on the team, but still has a spotless record - ever suspended for PED use
Bruce Irvin: Still on the team (you've got one now!)
Walter Thurmond: Not on the team
Brandon Browner: Not on the team, I wonder where he ended up?

Maybe you should do some research.

Just gonna add to it.

Walter thurmond contributed in the SB, suspended the same season for 4 games.
Bruce irvin contributed to the SB suspended 4 games AND still on the roster.
Browner as you know on the roster inactive
Sherman tests positive but wins his appeal.

You're rooting for a disgusting team tained by PEDs lolamirite?

edit- lol irvin so young so stupid please forgive him!

God damnit don't remind me. This draft class for WR has been unreal and lived up to the hype of it being loaded. Watkins, ODB, Evans, KB, and more. Pats went WR one year early and a garbage one at that.

Again I don't get to see these things personally so it sounds like he's flawed from this. I liked his philosophy from what I saw on Hard Knocks, and his patience seemed like something to get behind. I was also under the impression that players liked him, not sure if that still holds up.

He was changing my mind earlier this year, but the same issues started popping up again. The team seems to like him but even they started getting tired of loosing because of the same issues.

Are we all piling on the Patriots right now?

Bunch of cheaters.

#fuckthepats

Let's not lose sight of what the real argument is here, I'm the best in NFL gaf at Halo 2. It's not even close.

Maybe but I'd tear you apart in Socom II and Socom>Halo.

cdyhybrid

Just gonna add to it.

Walter thurmond contributed in the SB, suspended the same season for 4 games.
Bruce irvin contributed to the SB suspended 4 games AND still on the roster.
Browner as you know on the roster inactive
Sherman tests positive but wins his appeal.

You're rooting for a disgusting team tained by PEDs lolamirite?

edit- lol irvin so young so stupid please forgive him!

Sherman tested positive because the test was administered incorrectly and the sample was tainted, which is why he won his appeal. He clearly wouldn't have tested positive if the test were done correctly and the sample not tainted, which is proven by the fact that he hasn't tested positive for anything before or since.

Walter Thurmond is a member of the New York Giants, not the Seattle Seahawks.

Irvin was young and made a mistake, he's the only guy on the roster you have any argument for. So that's one guy, not the fictional 5 you were arguing earlier.

Brandon Browner, however, is an active member of the New England Patriots. You're going to great lengths to deflect the conversation from that for someone that claimed that PED suspensions weren't a big deal.

Jarate

Banned
Passing a PED test in the NFL is super easy, and most teams & players most likely have heavy use of PEDs ranging from Steroids, HGH, and Adderal and other stimulants

The Seahawks were just stupid enough to get caught

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Sherman tested positive because the test was administered incorrectly and the sample was tainted, which is why he won his appeal. He clearly wouldn't have tested positive if the test were done correctly and the sample not tainted, which is proven by the fact that he hasn't tested positive for anything before or since.

Walter Thurmond is a member of the New York Giants, not the Seattle Seahawks.

Irvin was young and made a mistake, he's the only guy on the roster you have any argument for. So that's one guy, not the fictional 5 you were arguing earlier.

Brandon Browner, however, is an active member of the New England Patriots. You're going to great lengths to deflect the conversation from that for someone that claimed that PED suspensions weren't a big deal.

Irvin however is still active on your roster and contributing after being suspended /argument. I'm pretty sure you're a joke character, but just trying to be sure.

Bread

Banned
jesus that's quite a leap in logic :jnc

Godslay

Banned
"You paid more for your weak ass bitch of a QB. We got Kyle Orton, two 1st round picks and a 3rd for Cutler. Then you went on to pay him a King's ransom (more than what Peyton makes btw), and you didn't get a goddamn thing out of him."

sounds like a shitfit to me. Also to back my team when you're calling it out? Well for one HGH has not been proven to cause hairloss so your original argument is moot. edit in fact most studies have shown HGH as an effective way to regrow hair. Gronk has never tested positive. Brady has never shown any signs of HGH pretty, nor tested positive for it. Broncos have MORE PED suspensions than the pats do in the last few years. All facts, proven, not speculation.

It's a shitfit alright. Question is, what are you going to do about it?

youre attacking the pats again, who drafted brady, who is a skinny freak.

You paid for your qb and he came back from a surgery that usually requires a ped type drug.

Von miller is also on your team.

Youre throwing rocks at your own glass house

Everyone pays for their QB, and we took a huge risk assuming that he would return to form. You paid Jay Cutler, who even the worst coach in the last 10 years of the NFL knew was a bust, and shipped his ass out. Like you said you can't even compare the two.

What PED type drug did Manning have to use to come back? I'd like to know personally. I'm sure that an injury like that, they are allowed to use medical technology (in the form of surgery, drugs associated with recovery) when they are on IR or approved by the league in the downtime.

Miller was never suspended for a PED violation. It was a substance abuse violation.

4 players suspended under PED violation:

Welker -> Amphetamines changed from PED to Substance Abuse
Ryan McBean -> No longer with team.
DJ Williams -> Plays for the Bears
Virgil Green -> Adderall, clarified with legit script for ADD

If you take Welker out, which is how the new policy works. It's 3. 66% of the players suspended, don't play for the Broncos anymore. The other one could very well be an HGH user, but he had a legitimate script cleared by the NFL.

While I am defending my team. There is nonsense, and then there is facts, all of the above are facts.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Passing a PED test in the NFL is super easy, and most teams & players most likely have heavy use of PEDs ranging from Steroids, HGH, and Adderal and other stimulants

The Seahawks were just stupid enough to get caught

I made this point earlier. The NFL is littered with Steroids and HGH, as are pretty much every sport... It's foolish to believe otherwise. There have been an absurd amount of whistleblowers, and generally I don't buy into that stuff, but in a case like this with all the suspensions, the lack of testing, the whole situation in the MLB it's clear as day. I don't take away anything from teams for that though, because unfortunately it's the way the league is.

cdyhybrid

Irvin however is still active on your roster and contributing after being suspended /argument. I'm pretty sure you're a joke character, but just trying to be sure.

Irvin tested positive after we drafted him (i.e. he was already on the team), we're giving him a second chance because he made a mistake.

Your team willingly signed someone who has a history of getting busted for PED use. That tells me all I need to know.

Surely you can see the difference between the two situations.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
It's a shitfit alright. Question is, what are you going to do about it?

Everyone pays for their QB, and we took a huge risk assuming that he would return to form. You paid Jay Cutler, who even the worst coach in the last 10 years of the NFL knew was a bust, and shipped his ass out. Like you said you can't even compare the two.

What PED type drug did Manning have to use to come back? I'd like to know personally. I'm sure that an injury like that, they are allowed to use medical technology (in the form of surgery, drugs associated with recovery) when they are on IR or approved by the league in the downtime.

Miller was never suspended for a PED violation. It was a substance abuse violation.

4 players suspended under PED violation:

Welker -> Amphetamines changed from PED to Substance Abuse
Ryan McBean -> No longer with team.
DJ Williams -> Plays for the Bears
Virgil Green -> Adderall, clarified with legit script for ADD

If you take Welker out, which is how the new policy works. It's 3. 66% of the players suspended, don't play for the Broncos anymore. The other one could very well be an HGH user, but he had a legitimate script cleared by the NFL.

While I am defending my team. There is nonsense, and then there is facts, all of the above are facts.

Not going to do anything, I stand by my original argument, your hateboner is silly. Most are kidding, you take it VERY seriously, chill life's too short, and you'll make it shorter.

BTW Von Miller 6 game suspension. Aqib Talib 4 game suspension

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Irvin tested positive after we drafted him (i.e. he was already on the team), we're giving him a second chance because he made a mistake.

Your team willingly signed someone who has a history of getting busted for PED use. That tells me all I need to know.

Surely you can see the difference between the two situations.

Yeah one of us has a rational mind and isn't blind to rampant HGH use in the league... the other is either trolling (i'm convinced, I've seen your posts for years and you're pretty good at covering it, but nobody is this absurd), or a blind fanboy.

cdyhybrid

What is mstd whining about now?

I'm not really sure. He claims that PED suspensions are no big deal, but he apparently takes great issue with people pointing out that noted PED abuser Brandon Browner is a member of the New England Patriots. He's doing everything he can to deflect attention from that fact, going as far as accusing people of not being real fans and digging up articles from two seasons ago.

Yeah one of us has a rational mind and isn't blind to rampant HGH use in the league... the other is either trolling (i'm convinced, I've seen your posts for years and you're pretty good at covering it, but nobody is this absurd), or a blind fanboy.

How am I trolling? Everything I've posted has factual evidence to back it up. It's all easily accessible information.

Also, I'm not the one questioning a poster's credentials as a fan or calling other people trolls instead of responding with an argument supported by facts.

Hey gu...

Yeah never mind

Did you get to watch the VS Fashion Show over in Dutchland? Doutzen was looking very good!

Bread

Banned
I'm not really sure. He claims that PED suspensions are no big deal, but he apparently takes great issue with people pointing out that noted PED abuser Brandon Browner is a member of the New England Patriots. He's doing everything he can to deflect attention from that fact, going as far as accusing people of not being real fans and digging up articles from two seasons ago.
lol this started because slay baselessly accused gronk and brady of being on PEDs, come on bruh.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

How am I trolling? Everything I've posted has factual evidence to back it up. It's all easily accessible information.

I've never deflected Browner is on the roster. I said I think it's laughable that you seem to care so much when the team you root for lead the league in PED suspensions, that should grind your gears if you really care so much... me personally? I don't care.

I also don't care how young irvin was, he did it period, just like Brandon Browner. He's a big part of that defense and he's still on the roster despite being there when he did it and knowing all the facts.

edit- and if you're seriously not trolling dude, I hate to tell you this, but Santa is not real.

cdyhybrid

lol this started because slay baselessly accused gronk and brady of being on PEDs, come on bruh.

He was clearly joking about that, they've never been suspended for it
although Gronk somehow managing to stay healthy, along with his failing joints, and Brady's sudden revival midseason are suspicious ;)

I've never deflected Browner is on the roster. I said I think it's laughable that you seem to care so much when the team you root for lead the league in PED suspensions, that should grind your gears if you really care so much... me personally? I don't care.

I also don't care how young irvin was, he did it period, just like Brandon Browner. He's a big part of that defense and he's still on the roster despite being there when he did it and knowing all the facts.

edit- and if you're seriously not trolling dude, I hate to tell you this, but Santa is not real.

You sure are arguing a lot for someone who claims to not care.

As for why I'm arguing, I just take exception to people posting blatant falsehoods like this:

And peltny of those players including sherman are still on the seahawks ;).

which is why every post I've made has factual evidence to back it up.

I never claimed my team was perfect, everyone has players that make mistakes. But the difference is my team has a proven record of letting troublemakers go, while yours is the team that signs them.

That's all I'm saying.

eznark

Banned

Oh. Well he probably pretends the Patriots have won super bowls and Ortiz didn't fail a drug test.

Guy is nuts.

Godslay

Banned
Not going to do anything, I stand by my original argument, your hateboner is silly. Most are kidding, you take it VERY seriously, chill life's too short, and you'll make it shorter.

BTW Von Miller 6 game suspension. Aqib Talib 4 game suspension

Von Miller was suspended for substance abuse violation and diluting his sample. Not a PED.

As far as Talib, the Pat's signed him knowing that as well. So for you to point to that as a point of contention doesn't make sense. It's like pointing at someone with the finger pointing back at yourself.

Lastly, I don't need your advice, and please don't project how you think I take this upon me.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Von Miller was suspended for substance abuse violation and diluting his sample. Not a PED.

As far as Talib, the Pat's signed him knowing that as well. So for you to point to that as a point of contention doesn't make sense. It's like pointing at someone with the finger pointing back at yourself.

Lastly, I don't need your advice, and please don't project how you think I take this upon me.

I know they did and I'm glad, he helped the team. I don't care about PEDs, because it's clearly a huge part of the game. When did I say it bothered me? I'm making a simple and logical counter argument. Don't throw that HGH trash when your team willingly does it as well.

edit- and your speculation on Gronk has 0 facts, just speculation, and Bradys is FAR worse given his game and body type. You can blindly speculate on plenty of people on that broncs roster, but it's useless and pointless, There are TONS of pats I could make the same argument about, hell there are tons on just about every team in the league....... except maybe oakland.

bionic77

Distinguished Adderall user and backwards jersey wearer Haloti Ngata

MjMQmtm.gif

I couldn't care less.

Also, Royal Farms Chicken > All other chicken
The Steelers never had an answer for that fat bastard.

Did anyone ever check where Ray Lewis and co where on January 13, 1999? I am pretty sure they did it...

Also :lol at Pats fans trying to argue that their entire franchise is not based on cheating. That's like eznark trying to argue that Rodgers is a manly man or me that Big Ben is a gentleman.

hi dutch i like your new car can i drive it around the block?

Hi Bread,

Sure! Just swing by and we can take it for a spin.

Did you get to watch the VS Fashion Show over in Dutchland? Doutzen was looking very good!

Hello CDY,

I see you're having quite the discussion, how fascinating. I did see some of the show, would like to watch the entire thing though, for science purposes.

Also, Doutzen always is always looking very good.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Orioles legends and noted steroids users, Larry Bigbie and Jay Gibbons

BzEvLqVIgAAdX5s.jpg:large

Don't care, at all.

Pedro Martinez was the GOAT in his prime.. Love him. Manny Ramirez was my favorite player for years edit- sucks what happened to him :(, even I tried to convince myself it was all about that sweet stroke. People STILL try to convince themselves Griffey didn't roid.

Top Bottom