• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 15 |OT| Drunk in Love

cdyhybrid

Hello CDY,

I see you're having quite the discussion, how fascinating. I did see some of the show, would like to watch the entire thing though, for science purposes.

Also, Doutzen always is always looking very good.

I hope you recorded it. It was a top-notch production with large amounts of nice things to look at, including the aforementioned Doutzen
and Taylor Swift, among all the other ladies

Pedro Martinez was the GOAT in his prime.. Love him. Manny Ramirez was my favorite player for years edit- sucks what happened to him :(, even I tried to convince myself it was all about that sweet stroke. People STILL try to convince themselves Griffey didn't roid.

Now we're accusing the living embodiment of integrity in baseball of PED use. This seems to be a projection issue. Perhaps you're attempting to reconcile your love for the Pats with your disapproval of PED use, and the conflict that arises when the Pats tacitly approve of PED use.

The Steelers never had an answer for that fat bastard.

Did anyone ever check where Ray Lewis and co where on January 13, 1999? I am pretty sure they did it...

Also :lol at Pats fans trying to argue that their entire franchise is not based on cheating. That's like eznark trying to argue that Rodgers is a manly man or me that Big Ben is a gentleman.

I'm sure Ray was at home in Florida kicking it after an 8-8 season. I couldn't remember what our record was, and at first I checked the wrong year, but these just looked so odd, yet I remember it so well:

1998 Season
Cf0v8y2.png

1999 Season
KrTTIPQ.png

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Irvin tested positive after we drafted him (i.e. he was already on the team), we're giving him a second chance because he made a mistake.

Your team willingly signed someone who has a history of getting busted for PED use. That tells me all I need to know.

Surely you can see the difference between the two situations.

Ok and what I gather from your arguments is that you're a blind fanboy. Your reasoning for why irvin isn't a known PED user that was resigned is laughable, and the whole sherman failed because the test was administered wrong? LOL, David Ortiz never roided either mirite?

Colasante

I hope the Patriots beat the Dolphins. I'll be really disappointed if the defensive line can't put pressure on Ja'Wuan James and Dallas Thomas. Should be a much different matchup than the opener.

cdyhybrid

Ok and what I gather from your arguments is that you're a blind fanboy. Your reasoning for why irvin isn't a known PED user that was resigned is laughable, and the whole sherman failed because the test was administered wrong? LOL, David Ortiz never roided either mirite?

This post is very disrespectful. I don't appreciate the accusations of blind fanboyism. Every assertion I have made is backed up by easily verifiable facts. I'm not :kas'ing it up.

You can laugh all you want, but the fact remains that in this great country you are innocent until proven guilty, and Sherman has never been proven guilty. Like I said, you're right about Irvin, but I already addressed that in the very post you quoted.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I don't appreciate the accusations of blind fanboyism. Every assertion I have made is backed up by easily verifiable facts. I'm not :kas'ing it up.

This post is very disrespectful.

and facts here- Irvin tested positive and was resigned, yes he was young, but he's a known offender.

Again I want to make this clear, I don't give a shit, that team is beast but everyone else does PEDs, they drafted well and if you took PEDs off every team they would all level out and the seahawks would still be the best D. Also if you wanna state "facts" Browner is a changed individual and has yet to test positive this year, therefore he's clean now! yayyy.

Godslay

Banned

Can admit Manny Ramirez, David Ortiz, and the Red Sox by default are tainted, can't admit Spygate tainted Superbowl runs.

That's why I like the Gata. He'll tell you straight up that you're a pig licker and won't jump through any hoops to do it. That kid has something special to him.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Can admit Manny Ramirez, David Ortiz, and the Red Sox by default are tainted, can't admit Spygate tainted Superbowl runs.

That's why I like the Gata. He'll tell you straight up that your a pig licker and won't jump through any hoops to do it. That kid has something special to him.

I admit it was tainted once they got caught. That being said Ortiz is still most likely hall bound, and Martinez is surefire first ballot as is Randy Johnson. We know most likely these guys roided, as did Frank Thomas who is in the hall, or Jim Thome who has a legitimate shot at the hall. They were never found guilty of it.

edit- I never said the red sox are tainted either... for some reason you guys are driving home this idea that I care about PEDs in sports. If I did that I wouldn't watch any of them. It's unfortunate since in order to thrive for a lot of players they NEED to do these, given they're dangerous and illegal, it's an unfortunate situation for them. If The sox are Tainted than so is every other franchise who won a WS. Andy Pettite, A-roid, Roger Clemens, so on so forth.

cdyhybrid

and facts here- Irvin tested positive and was resigned, yes he was young, but he's a known offender.

Irvin is still on his rookie contract, I'm not sure where you're getting this. You really need to look these things up instead of slandering people with blatant falsehoods.

Godslay

Banned
For the record, I'm sure every team has some PED abuser on their squad. It's clear though that the Pats have developed something that is undetectable, is more potent then what every other team has, and probably consulted Balco, Lance Armstrong, and traded a tainted Superbowl ring to Vladmir Putin to get the technology.

It's an unfair advantage when the rest of us have to use adderall.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
To add to the PEDs argument and steroids in sports, it's the same reason the idea of making them legal has been brought up on more than one occasion. The problem is, Steroids are dangerous so now you have 2 athletes, both are great athletes. 1A is doing them 1B isn't. In order to make it or at least earn what 1A has, 1B is now in a way forced to break rules, given who he is going against has an unfair advantage.

cdyhybrid

For the record, I'm sure every team has some PED abuser on their squad. It's clear though that the Pats have developed something that is undetectable, is more potent then what every other team has, and probably consulted Balco, Lance Armstrong, and traded a tainted Superbowl ring to Vladmir Putin to get the technology.

It's an unfair advantage when the rest of us have to us adderall.

I'm not even going that far with my argument, although I can't rule it out because they haven't proven they AREN'T doing this, but it's clear that they tacitly approve of PED use with their signing of noted PED abuser Brandon Browner. I don't think there's anything too upsetting about that, because of the aforementioned widespread use of it, but it still is indeed an endorsement of that activity.

Much like when the Niners signed Eric Wright, but they're a classy organization with a long history of doing things the right way, so they realized the mistake they had made and let him go.

Bread

Banned

It's an unfair advantage when the rest of us have to use adderall.
true

bionic77

Kordell years :(

I forgot that 99' collapse 5-3 start 6-10 finish
Kordell was unstoppable until that racist Shanahan (always working to keep the black qb down) showed that the way to stop him was make him throw deep. He just didn't have any accuracy.

But man that was an existing time until the AFC Championship.

For that I will always love Slash.

eznark

Banned
Seems like he was mad that Wisconsin had high academic standards for recruited players.

He benched all of our punters and trotted the 3rd string QB out there all year to punt 20 yards. He's a fucking retard. Good riddance. I'm sure he'll be successful in the garbage spread brand of football he loves so much.

JABEE

He benched all of our punters and trotted the 3rd string QB out there all year to punt 20 yards. He's a fucking retard. Good riddance. I'm sure he'll be successful in the garbage spread brand of football he loves so much.
What's next for Wisconsin?

Godslay

Banned
I'm not even going that far with my argument, although I can't rule it out because they haven't proven they AREN'T doing this, but it's clear that they tacitly approve of PED use with their signing of noted PED abuser Brandon Browner. I don't think there's anything too upsetting about that, because of the aforementioned widespread use of it, but it still is indeed an endorsement of that activity.

Much like when the Niners signed Eric Wright, but they're a classy organization with a long history of doing things the right way, so they realized the mistake they had made and let him go.

I can't say much since we signed Talib. I guess we condone PED use as well. Internet 1 Godslay and the Denver Donkeys 0. Think I'll go ly down.

Didn't even have to waterboard you to get this out. Doesn't feel right.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

Yeah like Holding on to Aldon Smith despite the DUI, the bomb threat, the general scummy stuff. How about the steelers holding onto a sexual deviant and keeping him as the face of the franchise? How about the bears giving Brandon Marshall, an admitted wife beater and generally CRAZY dude a nice fat contract. You got Ray Lewis the face of a franchise despite his whole "murder" thing or at least being involved in some way. I'm not arguing that any of these franchises are tainted about it, I just think you're trying a little too hard to say the pats are the only ones who do it. To add to the list- Julius peppers tested positive and has been on multiple teams since then, Shawn Springs on multiple teams after testing positive, Dwyane Bowe, Shawne Merriman, Santonio Holmes, Bruce Irvin (despite not Resigning Per-se he wasn't let go, so they knowingly kept him on the squad), Kevin Williams, will smith, aqib talib, joe haden, tamba hali, justin blackmon, fred davis, and the list goes on.

For that matter, Sean Payton was suspended for an entire season, as far as I know that's the only head coach ever to miss a whole season, for a bounty scandal, which IMHO opinion is worse than PEDs or any sort of "cheating", given these are real people with real lives. I'd be foolish however, to think that they were the only team doing that.

Top Bottom