• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 15 |OT| Drunk in Love

Konka

Banned
Well friends, I am off to partake in the sacred holiday tradition of 12 pubs of christmas. I apologize ahead of time for anything I may or may not post upon my return. I'm in Tebow's hands now.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=950599

h1cZ9S5.jpg

Northeasterners seem to have a preference...

670 The score is interesting to listen too right now. They are talking about what happened regarding Kromer with a former player doing hosting duties. The locker room sounds like a complete dumpster fire at the moment. Tresty can't come back.

Ted Phillips and Phil Emery need to go as well.

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going Steelers win the division, Browns and ravens wildcard

KaYotiX

Banned
Here's the TV coverage map before JFF was named the starter:

week15tvmap.0.png

Here's the map afterwards:

week15tvmap.0.png

Really? I was going to see the Packers at noon now I gotta see dumb ass Manziel? I got enough of him in bryan/college station every time I stayed out of town due to work. Ugh.

zychi

Banned
He was the O-Coordinator at Wisconsin for 6 years I believe. He left the season after Wilson was there. Also I heard rumors that Wisconsin threw the Big Ten Championship game so a Big Ten team can get in the playoffs.
No one thought ohio state would make the playoffs if they won. The commitee just wanted to avoid a fuck up by choosing between baylor and tcu. I hate cfb now. Just make it like march madness and do it all december.

eznark

Banned
The only legitimate argument I've heard for Wisconsin "tanking" is Andersen knew he was out and he is blow job buddies with Urban, so he wanted to help out his boy. Don't really know how a college football team could throw so spectacularly, even if they were trying. Not like there was enough time for any boneheaded coaching calls before it got out of hand.

eznark

Banned
Baffles me that anyone could look at the talent level of the Jets, their success relative to that talent level, and claim Rex is a bad head coach. Clueless.

Tom Penny

Baffles me that anyone could look at the talent level of the Jets, their success relative to that talent level, and claim Rex is a bad head coach. Clueless.

He's not a bad HC he's an average head coach but he's an exceptional defensive coordinator that probably has little to no input into other facets of the game plan.

Fox318

Idzik cut cromartie for a rookie in the 3rd round comming off of 2 surgeries

Dude did such a bad job that he should never work in football again.

At any level.

eznark

Banned
He's not a bad HC he's an average head coach but he's an exceptional defensive coordinator that probably has little to no input into other facets of the game plan.

Works for tons of guys. Most actually, have significant input on only one side of the ball (if that, right Tomlin!)

Rex is seemingly a great leader of men and a fantastic defensive coordinator. Perfect head coach makeup. Put him with a rising star OC and some competent talent and they'd be a force. Detroit would be a terrifying spot for him, but somewhere like Buffalo....man he could skullfuck the Patriots in Buffalo. Seems like they just need a rudder.

Konka

Banned
Works for tons of guys. Most actually, have significant input on only one side of the ball (if that, right Tomlin!)

Rex is seemingly a great leader of men and a fantastic defensive coordinator. Perfect head coach makeup. Put him with a rising star OC and some competent talent and they'd be a force. Detroit would be a terrifying spot for him, but somewhere like Buffalo....man he could skullfuck the Patriots in Buffalo. Seems like they just need a rudder.

The Chip-Rex dual coaching scheme.

Tom Penny

Buffalo has a great defense already so I don't see the point. If leading men is popping off at the mouth without backing it up 75% of the time I guess he's a great leader.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Ryan has no clue on the offensive side of the ball. Watching that game against the 'phins was an exercise in futility. Talent level or no, you have to be able to manage a better game. Great defensive mind and motivator, though. No question.

MechDX

Ryan has no clue on the offensive side of the ball. Watching that game against the 'phins was an exercise in futility. Talent level or no, you have to be able to manage a better game. Great defensive mind and motivator, though. No question.

Exactly.

Just like his dad: great DC, average HC. Just need Rex to punch an assistant coach on the sideline and the circle will be complete.

Exactly.

Just like his dad: great DC, average HC. Just need Rex to punch an assistant coach on the sideline and the circle will be complete.

Yup

eznark

Banned

Weird that Geno was ineffective against a top three defense. Who would have imagined. Probably Rex's fault.

Tom Penny

So in a close game when a team starts putting 8 in the box or more you might want to throw a few times on early downs instead running into a brick wall? That's takes genius mang.

This is kind of what I was getting at. Bring him in to shore up the defense and let a guy like Lazor handle the offense. The Dolphins have some nice pieces in place but the clock is ticking on quite a few of them (Wake and Grimes especially).

After watching Philbin the corpse for three seasons I wouldn't mind a firecracker at HC. I want to see a guy who can motivate and lead.

That game was basically his final "fuck you" to his superiors, though. They forced Geno on him and he wanted to show he could win without even using him. The ironic part is he had to rely on him on the final drive and Geno let him down by throwing a game ending INT. Good stuff!

The only legitimate argument I've heard for Wisconsin "tanking" is Andersen knew he was out and he is blow job buddies with Urban, so he wanted to help out his boy. Don't really know how a college football team could throw so spectacularly, even if they were trying. Not like there was enough time for any boneheaded coaching calls before it got out of hand.
Lol

bionic77

Exactly.

Rex never had a good qb. With trash for qb and a horrible GM he still made the Championship game twice and could have won both times.

I think he would be a great HC in a better spot.

I don't hold it against him that he was not able to win a SB without a great qb. That is pretty much impossible. Would love for him to come to Pittsburgh for a year or two but that won't happen. If he wants to be a coach he can get a job. Also could get a media job. Doesn't need to slum as a coordinator.

MechDX

Colts fans on Twitter get all upset when you call their owner a privileged piece of Shit who got away with a crime the commmon person would be in prison for.

So touchy

eznark

Banned
Colts fans on Twitter get all upset when you call their owner a privileged piece of Shit who got away with a crime the commmon person would be in prison for.

So touchy

If they were both black kids in the slums you think Ersay and Mallett would be cell mates right now?

LJ11

I like Rex a lot, unique coach. Jets are just a mess, Tanbum left them with nothing and Idzik has turn them around asap, hard to do.

Top Bottom