• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 16 |OT| Nobody goes 8-8 like the Buffalo Bills!

You know what's going to suck. Joe Buck is going to likely call the Lions/Packers game. I have to put up with him two weeks in a row.

At least if the Packers win I'm off work for a week anyways so I don't have to put with the fans at work

Dragon

Banned
What has Harbs done to deserve to be fired? 9ersGAF needs to revolt. This is the most disappointing news I've heard in awhile. They need to realize winning coaches don't grow on trees. If the guy's an asshole but he wins you keep him. If the guy wants more money but he wins you pay him. Please don't let this be true.

*imagines a world where Harbs accepted a trade to Cleveland*

*images a world where Furyous accepts a trade with *******

rokkerkory

What has Harbs done to deserve to be fired? 9ersGAF needs to revolt. This is the most disappointing news I've heard in awhile. They need to realize winning coaches don't grow on trees. If the guy's an asshole but he wins you keep him. If the guy wants more money but he wins you pay him. Please don't let this be true.

*imagines a world where Harbs accepted a trade to Cleveland*

Raiders welcome him with open arms

Who cares just marvel at this picture.

B5cCYfECIAEy5so.jpg

https://m.soundcloud.com/seattleseahawks/seavsaz-lynch-79-yard-touchdown

oneHeero

Just got back into town from the Dallas game, oh boy did we put a whoopping on those Colts. It was marvelous.

Best game ever!!!

JABEE

Foles was turning the ball like crazy as well. Chip should not be fired yet but Howie absolutely should be gone. Let Gamble run a draft and see how it goes. Also DJax never should have been cut, and Cooper never should have been extended. Also get a fucking QB this off season.

Chop and Howie will still be here. The difference between this year and last year is that Foles made throws last year that he didn't make this year. Sanchez is awful and tanked away our last three games.

The only person I think that should be gone is Bill Davis. I wish some like Rex Ryan was actually interested in being a DC again. Then you can try to sign Revis, hope a good QB gets cut that can be placed in Chip's system. Draft the best corner/safety you can in the first round. Cut Fletcher and Williams.

The Eagles just need a little luck at QB. The Eagles haven't had good corners since the NFC Championship Game days.

It just sucks to have really good line play, great weapons, and just lack a QB and secondary to make the team a contender. I still think Foles has a chance, but this season is an eye-opener. The Eagles are a few moves away from being a contender. The bad part is that those moves are unlikely to yield good players.

rObit

Banned
Who cares just marvel at this picture.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B5cCYfECIAEy5so.jpg[IMG]

[url]https://m.soundcloud.com/seattleseahawks/seavsaz-lynch-79-yard-touchdown[/url][/QUOTE]

Haha, I was hoping there would be a way to hear Steve Raible's commentary on that play!

Spinluck

A Luck-Harbs reunion would be awesome.

I hate being stuck in "your front office thinks you have good coaches" purgatory.

Pagano always seemed like such a random ass choice. I feel like no one but the Colts pursued him that year.

I don't understand the Harbaugh situation myself. You have a coach that has one bad year in which the other 3 resulted in 2 NFC Championship appearances and a Superbowl appearance and all of a sudden you're ready to just throw all that away? Makes no fucking sense to me at all, so someone, anyone try to make it make sense to me.

I don't understand the Harbaugh situation myself. You have a coach that has one bad year in which the other 3 resulted in 2 NFC Championship appearances and a Superbowl appearance and all of a sudden you're ready to just throw all that away? Makes no fucking sense to me at all, so someone, anyone try to make it make sense to me.
I don't think he gets along with the management.

It was a petty big implosion, but people are fickle and have extremely short term memories. And probably other factors we're not privy to.

DarkFlow

Banned
Yeah I don't understand it. It's also not like they totally bombed this year either.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

Eddie D almost fired Bill Walsh a number of times in-between the second and third Super Bowl wins. And he actually won 2 SBs along with losing a NFC Championship in that time. He lost in the playoffs every other year despite finishing near the top (if not the top) of the NFC, not counting the first strike year. This isn't necessarily a new thing for the franchise, if you weren't aware. Jed York maybe is just channeling his uncle more than people realize.

Eddie D almost fired Bill Walsh a number of times in-between the second and third Super Bowl wins. And he actually won 2 SBs along with losing a NFC Championship in that time. He lost in the playoffs every other year despite finishing near the top (if not the top) of the NFC, not counting the first strike year. This isn't necessarily a new thing for the franchise, if you weren't aware. Jed York maybe is just channeling his uncle more than people realize.

Maybe he should channel his uncle more and continue to let Jim coach despite whatever was going on that almost got Walsh fired. A lot of good teams have a bad season and don't do what I fear is happening in SF. I can't take another 10 years of suck.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
So sayeth Megatron:

Calvin Johnson does not want a flexed night game against Green Bay

With the Lions and Green Bay Packers in a winner-take-division-and-likely-bye contest next Sunday, there’s a chance the two teams might play the night game in Week 17. At least one Detroit player, Calvin Johnson, wants no part of a night game in northern Wisconsin. “I don’t think anybody wants that game to be flexed for the main reason that we’re playing in Green Bay,” Johnson said. “And at nighttime.” Are the Packers more imposing at night? “No,” Johnson said. “It’s cold at night.”

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/...l-playoff-scenarios-lions-packers-nfc-north"}

Restore the Roar 2014.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Maybe he should channel his uncle more and continue to let Jim coach despite whatever was going on that almost got Walsh fired. A lot of good teams have a bad season and don't do what I fear is happening in SF. I can't take another 10 years of suck.

It was Carmen Policy who had to talk Eddie D down from making those decisions. We'll have to see how the people around Jed advise him.

Harbs wants out. He wants full control the way Pete has in Seattle. He wants to basically hire a GM that works for him. He's not going to get that in SF. It's not a case of them being unhappy with his coaching ability.

Spinluck

Yea I think Peter King has a hard on for the Seahawks.

https://twitter.com/bbrowner27/status/546858813962584064

Not sure if he's talking literal about football or it's a hidden message about... you know groupies!

Well, that's not to say he hasn't been good, it's just that I'm not even entirely sure he's been the best player on his own team this year.

Watt on there is nice, but I'd probably remove Russell in favor of one of the RBs or WRs playing out of their mind. I'd also take out Brady for Gronk.

Peter King has a hardon for whoever Goodell and the Nfl media team tell him to. Biggest shill ever

He was pretty high on us in the off season he said Seattle is the clear best team in the NFL but they won't repeat because it's too hard etc...

In other news Russell Wilson shot Patrick Peterson with lasers from his eyes.

B5bf3ReCIAA3O-n.jpg

Farooq

Banned
Congrats to Romo on becoming the best QB in franchise history.

I think that title still belongs to Staubach who is one of the best QBs of all time. Yard stats don't mean particularly much. Although, it was fitting that he broke Aikman's record by throwing to Witten. Those two have a special bond.

Unless you are being sarcastic, because if you are it went over my head. Are you being sarcastic?

LJ11

So I was talking with moms earlier, she could tell I was out of it, asked me what was wrong, I'm like the Bills lost and are out of the playoffs. She's like, "well, they can't win every game or go to the playoffs every year." Even she's trolling me.

Top Bottom