• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 16 |OT| Nobody goes 8-8 like the Buffalo Bills!

Respect

Thats what I think, It all falls down to the QB, and Pats have problems against these types of QB, and Wilson is the best right now when it comes to Mobile QB.

Also, Jets game should not be a messure of how good the team is, The didnt play with Elderman and Blount. I do agree that the o-line has been bad the last couple of games.

Other than butt fumble game and that Monday night blowout (subsequently getting their ass kicked by the Jets a month later in the playoffs) are the only games I can think of that NE hasn't either lost or struggled to beat the Jets since Rex took over as HC. I doubt either Edelman or Blount would have changed the game narrative too much had they been healthy and available.

It is concerning, but it isn't surprising.

Godslay

Banned
18-1 is infinitely more embarrassing than 43-8. Especially when you compare the teams. Giants were underdogs. Seattle wasn't depending on where you looked. It was a matchup of 1s and the defense triumphed.

Pats loss might have been closer in terms of the game, but David isn't supposed to be able to kill the invincible juggernaut in Goliath.

ACE 1991

Think the Iggles have a SB in them in the next few years? If Foles can play like he did in 2013 next year, and if we fix our secondary in the offseason, I think we have a serious shot at hanging with the best of them.

MechDX

PDS ‏@PatDStat · 7m7 minutes ago
J.J. Watt has only gone TWO games in his entire career without a QB sack, hit or hurry. Last time? Nov. 6th 2011 his rookie year. #Texans

PDS ‏@PatDStat · 3m3 minutes ago
J.J. Watt total pressures (QB sack + QB hurries + QB hits)

2011- 52
2012- 83
2013- 85
2014- 111 (One game remaining) #Texans

Damn.

Crisco

Banned
MVP has got to be Rodgers. That TD:INT ratio puts him a cut above the rest, especially since almost all his INTs hit a WRs hands first. I don't think it's close really. I would have loved to give it to Rivers but his play has been too inconsistent over the second half of the season. I know people want to consider defensive players or other skill positions, but there really is nothing more impressive than a QB playing at the level Rodgers is playing at in this sport.

Tabris

MVP has to be JJ Watt.

He not only is defensive player of the year, but he also scored 3 touchdowns himself.

If the Texans had an actual QB, they would be the best team in the AFC South.

Bread

Banned
18-1 is infinitely more embarrassing than 43-8. Especially when you compare the teams. Giants were underdogs. Seattle wasn't depending on where you looked. It was a matchup of 1s and the defense triumphed.

Pats loss might have been closer in terms of the game, but David isn't supposed to be able to kill the invincible juggernaut in Goliath.
whatever helps you sleep at night

Jarnet87

MVP has to be JJ Watt.

He not only is defensive player of the year, but he also scored 3 touchdowns himself.

If the Texans had an actual QB, they would be the best team in the AFC South.

I wonder if they would be in the Cutler market if not for his insane contract.

Tabris

whatever helps you sleep at night

These images help me sleep.

nfl_mmp7_cr_600x400.jpg

welker_drop.jpg

Think the Iggles have a SB in them in the next few years? If Foles can play like he did in 2013 next year, and if we fix our secondary in the offseason, I think we have a serious shot at hanging with the best of them.
Jesus Christ dude. They have to replace 3 guys in the secondary. Peters and ryans will both be a year older. Boykins, curry, and graham are all FAs on D. Maclin is a FA. Foles was lucky in 2013, plus DJax is the best at adjusting to poorly thrown deep balls.cant replace that. Eagles are fucked.

Draxal

To be honest I kind of wish someone would long form their season. I don't fully understand what happened. Last year I understand since you can't win football games with a quarterback playing like that, but this year Eli has been better than solid.

Injuries and not enough depth, and while Eli played like garbage last year his offensive line and wrs were even worse than him.

I actually liked Gilbride's offense, but his offense was ill-suited for the garbage oline/wrs we had. However this year's improvement while a lot of this can be said to be McAdoo, ... it's all on Beckham. Holy shit is this kid good.

This year our defense sucks to injuries and a dc who couldn't adjust to it (losing Will Hill really really also sucked).

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
You win that game and win out and you get home field.

I'd say the second seed is still more important than going in as a wild card. We can still get the 1 seed if St. Louis wins against Seattle. If we had to lose a game, losing against some AFC team was the best case scenario so in the grand scheme of things, it's not that big of a deal.

TheFatOne

If you want to change the argument to biggest single choke job then no question it's Brady, but no one beats Manning for consistently choking. He will always and forever be the biggest choke artist in the NFL.

Bread

Banned
tabris you clearly don't know about me if you think posting those pics will do anything

once the first loss happened, all my emotions went away. here's a pic of where my emotions went.

tumblr_m5q5gn6uAy1qahbgwo1_400.jpg

I'd say the second seed is still more important than going in as a wild card. We can still get the 1 seed if St. Louis wins against Seattle. If we had to lose a game, losing against some AFC team was the best case scenario so in the grand scheme of things, it's not that big of a deal.
No way the rams win in Seattle. It would be tough for you guys to win in Seattle. That loss could cost you a super bowl.

eznark

Banned
Remember when eznark said that buffalo loss didn't matter

I'm not terribly concerned about home field advantage, so to me it didn't matter. I don't think the Packers can beat the Seahawks in Seattle, Green Bay, the moon, your moms vagina, or in any other stadium sized facility.

#2 seed to me is the same as the #1 seed, because they need someone to beat Seattle for them. And I am not concerned about going to Arizona or Detroit.

To be honest I kind of wish someone would long form their season. I don't fully understand what happened. Last year I understand since you can't win football games with a quarterback playing like that, but this year Eli has been better than solid.
He has. It's one of the positives to take away from the season and makes it easier for the team to extend his contract and bring his cap number down significantly in 2015. Which was a big question mark coming into the season.

I may take on a season breakdown for the Giants after next week. I wanted to do a post-mortem type of thing when its all said and done anyways. There are so many factors that torpedoed this season that its hard to pinpoint one thing. What I will say is that after turning over a large portion of the offensive coaching staff last year, I'll be stunned if the same isn't done for the defensive side of the ball this off-season. The Giants defense was/is a god damned embarrassment at the moment.

Dragon

Banned
I wonder if Atlanta doesn't win this week if it'll be the first time in NFL history every team in a division had a negative point differential. Pathetic.

BigAT

Short version:

-injures. Most in the NFL, both in terms of players on IR and salary cap on IR.
-bottom 5 defense, which was ranked 32nd in the league at points during the season when it mattered most.
-29th in the league in yards per rushing attempt. Jennings getting injured has certainly hurt here, but the offensive line in general has been pretty terrible for the most part. Never a good sign when Jon Jerry is a fixture in your starting lineup.
-turnovers. Eli has been much better in this regard, but the rest of the team picked up the slack for him with fumbles. Giants have the second most fumbles in the league and a -3 turnover differential for the season. As Future said, they only yesterday broke a streak of 30+ consecutive games with a turnover.

Godslay

Banned
Peyton is a choker. John Elway was too. Choking is expected on the journey. Which is fine as long as it's not the final destination.

Greg

Rodgers just had his flu game against the GOAT Bucs' D in one of the hardest places to play in all of sports

MVP! MVP! MVP!

Top Bottom