• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 16 |OT| Nobody goes 8-8 like the Buffalo Bills!

rando14

rando's still here...

so it wasn't a dream!?

telephone-happy-dance-o.gif

:')

Is it because I'm blowing you out in our championship match? I representing the Cards, and you the Chickens? I'll trade! Give that win back and you can have a FF championship! Glad to see you back though, buddy! Where were you?

Gawdaaaamn, my boys really wet the bed this year ;_; whoula thought that Jamaal would have such a bad game against the steelers, but vinatieri and alex smith also let me down big time. GG though, your team is filthy good, you deserved to win!!

I will admit I was too harsh on him going into the season. He gives your team a chance to win and he has pretty good mobility and short to mid-range accuracy. But yeah, he isn't going to "wow" you ever. When you look in the football dictionary for "game manager" it should be a picture of Alex Smith because he absolutely defines it perfectly. A team can be successful with a guy like that if the defense and surrounding offensive talent is good enough but as a fan I would hate to have to deal with that stale brand of offense.

I know I sound like a huge Tannehill homer lately but it only takes a few minutes of highlights to see that he is capable of a lot more than Smith in terms of arm talent.

Nah he has improved a lot this year, even the biggest Tannehill critics have started to change their opinion on him.

So I've been mulling it over and I guess the silver lining in keep Philbin another year is:

1. We let Lazor and Tannehill work together another offseason with Wallace and Landry, which should only Improve our offense

2. Hickey has another year to build this team after a solid first year draft and FA period.

3. We get healthy again and hopefully can keep our good players on the field for a full year (this has nothing to do with Philbin but injuries really hurt us this year)

4. Our cheerleaders are still hot.

Well that's all I got.

You know I try to like Stephen A. but I can't get behind him ripping Lynch for that interview. That was awesome plus Stephen A. reason you should talk to the media is bullshit. He's in the media so it's expected. SMH

Pagusas

Elden Member
Watt in no way deserves MVP, his stand alone performance is amazing, but it doesn't help his team win. You remove him from the Texans, they are still a 8 win team. You remove Rodgers or Brady or Peyton, things change for those teams quickly. The Packers particularly would be a terrible team without Rodgers (sucks but its true, our WR are products of Rodgers, our defence is terrible against a decent QB, and our run game is a product of defences dropping 2 back (though Lacy is awesome)).

Watt's play isnt taking them to the playoffs, and his removal wouldn't destroy the team. He deserves DPOY, not MVP.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
You know I try to like Stephen A. but I can't get behind him ripping Lynch for that interview. That was awesome plus Stephen A. reason you should talk to the media is bullshit. He's in the media so it's expected. SMH

I mute or change the channel whenever I hear media complain about players not speaking to media. It's an issue that only they care about but pretend as if the majority of the fan base care so they can talk more about it.

Over here in Toronto we have that issue with eznark's boy Phil Kessel. He's never been a quote and yet they get upset when he doesn't talk to them.

Bread

Banned
Watt in no way deserves MVP, his stand alone performance is amazing, but it doesn't help his team win. You remove him from the Texans, they are still a 8 win team. You remove Rodgers or Brady or Peyton, things change for those teams quickly. The Packers particularly would be a terrible team without Rodgers (sucks but its true, our WR are products of Rodgers, our defence is terrible against a decent QB, and our run game is a product of defences dropping 2 back (though Lacy is awesome)).

Watt's play isnt taking them to the playoffs, and his removal wouldn't destroy the team. He deserves DPOY, not MVP.
listen, i'm all for the rodgers/any top 3 qb over watt for mvp movement...but that's bullshit.

Maybe you guys should build your team better then!

I wish the MVP would go to the best player.

TheFatOne

Andrew Luck has better stats than Rodgers. If by default it goes to a QB, than just give it to the one with the best stats.

If you completely ignore interceptions that's true. Luck should never be mentioned in the same breath as Rodgers. The gap between Rodgers and Luck is enormous. Rodgers is a legitimate elite QB unlike Luck.

Fox318

I mute or change the channel whenever I hear media complain about players not speaking to media. It's an issue that only they care about but pretend as if the majority of the fan base care so they can talk more about it.

Over here in Toronto we have that issue with eznark's boy Phil Kessel. He's never been a quote and yet they get upset when he doesn't talk to them.

Trick is to be like Vanna White or Derek Jeter.

Everyone loves you because nobody knows anything about you. Thus they project their beliefs and ideals for what a good person should be onto you.

Well I got a PS4, I'm going to pick it up today when I'm doing audits in Oxnard. I found a wal mart over there that had PS4 in stock. So anyone wants to add me go ahead I know I have a few of you on PSN already. I'm getting LBP3 but not sure what else.

Tabris

Well first of all this is a ridiculous statement in terms of not helping his team to win.

Now what you are saying though is that MVP should only be judged upon impact. Which is less to do with the player and more to do with the role. That would mean only QB and maybe RB would be viable roles for MVP, which is garbage.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I think Watt adds wins to the Texans but it's not a 6-8 game swing like it is with Rodgers. A regular average quarterback takes this Packers team to 5-7 wins.

Watt probably adds 1-2 wins at most.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Trick is to be like Vanna White or Derek Jeter.

Everyone loves you because nobody knows anything about you. Thus they project their beliefs and ideals for what a good person should be onto you.

Also helps to be good looking.

Nobody knows much about Kessel but he's a fat, ugly guy.

eznark

Banned
Fuck you you fucking prick stop bringing up that cunt faced Kessel

Well first of all this is a ridiculous statement in terms of not helping his team to win.

Now what you are saying though is that MVP should only be judged upon impact. Which is less to do with the player and more to do with the role. That would mean only QB and maybe RB would be viable roles for MVP, which is garbage.

In today's NFL only the QB should be considered in most years. Watt definitely deserves mention this year though.

DMczaf

Welp, after leading my fantasy league in Total Points I got completely blown out in the championship game.

Thanks Brees, Hilton (fuck you!), and Greg Olsen for not bothering to show up.

bionic77

If you completely ignore interceptions that's true. Luck should never be mentioned in the same breath as Rodgers. The gap between Rodgers and Luck is enormous. Rodgers is a legitimate elite QB unlike Luck.
Luck is an elite qb too. He is also younger than Rodgers and in a much more difficult situation.

I would argue that Manning, Brady and Brees are not elite anymore. The media is always late on these things but Manning is not healthy enough anymore to be elite. Brady can't complete a pass more than 15 yards downfield, eliminating him from that conversation and putting him into the conversation of should he still start, and Brees is inconsistent and more often than not horrible.

My new crew of elite qb's consist of Rodgers, Luck, Ben and Wussle (this is based on what I think he can do as soon as he gets legit receivers moreso than what he has actually do so far this year). Now that I have written this we can all agree that elite qb's don't win championships and lets prepare to laugh at this frauds as they all get bounced from the playoffs from inferior quarterbacks.

Fox318

No6tZkO.gif

"Tampa Bay here I come!!"

Also helps to be good looking.

Nobody knows much about Kessel but he's a fat, ugly guy.
YOU TAKE THAT BACK
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/QAix3k0.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/EEvwypz.gif[/IMG]
[IMG]https://24.media.tumblr.com/efa7cabc571dd1cae404114e8d2a1f98/tumblr_n13jhhZZrF1sky6wdo1_500.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/SqY7MbO.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://cdn3.sbnation.com/assets/3115467/Kessel_Swag.gif[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/SdFIa84.jpg[/IMG]

WHY WOULD YOU EVEN SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT?!

vocJvk0.jpg

Tampa will have all of the qbs in this picture

rando14

I wish marshawn could win the mvp BUT since he won't I have to support my boy Gregory and vote for rodgers :')

Even though he's a slimy slut who hopes that Dick Sherm gets Madden cursed!! :(

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Fox I'm the biggest Kessel fan on Neogaf but I know the truth.

Despite that I'd let him buy me a diner any day.

KESSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Nah he has improved a lot this year, even the biggest Tannehill critics have started to change their opinion on him.

So I've been mulling it over and I guess the silver lining in keep Philbin another year is:

1. We let Lazor and Tannehill work together another offseason with Wallace and Landry, which should only Improve our offense

2. Hickey has another year to build this team after a solid first year draft and FA period.

3. We get healthy again and hopefully can keep our good players on the field for a full year (this has nothing to do with Philbin but injuries really hurt us this year)

4. Our cheerleaders are still hot.

Well that's all I got.
The consistency is a big plus for sure. I just don't know if my heart can take another season like this. So close once again but instead it's just another wasted season.

Injuries were brutal but I feel like most teams can say that. If Philbin wasn't so damn stupid he could have worked around them better, for example he could have benched Dallas Thomas a few games ago for Jason Fox.

The consistency is a big plus for sure. I just don't know if my heart can take another season like this. So close once again but instead it's just another wasted season.

Injuries were brutal but I feel like most teams can say that. If Philbin wasn't so damn stupid he could have worked around them better, for example he could have benched Dallas Thomas a few games ago for Jason Fox.

The sad part is that might have been enough to get us into the playoffs.... :(

Top Bottom