• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 16 |OT| Nobody goes 8-8 like the Buffalo Bills!

Bryan Stork, the rookie center for the Patriots, allowed 0.5 sacks for the season. He gave it up yesterday.

I know he won't, but he should get some rookie of the year talk.

TheFatOne

Luck is an elite qb too. He is also younger than Rodgers and in a much more difficult situation.

I would argue that Manning, Brady and Brees are not elite anymore. The media is always late on these things but Manning is not healthy enough anymore to be elite. Brady can't complete a pass more than 15 yards downfield, eliminating him from that conversation and putting him into the conversation of should he still start, and Brees is inconsistent and more often than not horrible.

My new crew of elite qb's consist of Rodgers, Luck, Ben and Wussle (this is based on what I think he can do as soon as he gets legit receivers moreso than what he has actually do so far this year). Now that I have written this we can all agree that elite qb's don't win championships and lets prepare to laugh at this frauds as they all get bounced from the playoffs from inferior quarterbacks.

I agree with you that Brady,Brees, and Manning are no longer elite. I can't get behind the Luck bandwagon on being elite though. Pats have demolished the Colts, and have made Luck look horrendous with poor defenses. Every time he has played the Pats he looks like complete garbage. It's hard for me to say Luck is elite when he doesn't look good against one of the top teams in his conference consistently. I also don't consider Big Ben to be elite either. Have always considered him to be one of the most overrated players in the NFL. Right now there's two elite QBs and one is more on potential. Rodgers is obvious, and Wilson could possibly be elite like you said given the receivers.
Bryan Stork, the rookie center for the Patriots, allowed 0.5 sacks for the season. He gave it up yesterday.

I know he won't, but he should get some rookie of the year talk.

He's obviously been great. Hopefully they can find a guard or two in next years draft, and a left tackle FML forgot about that one.

Fox I'm the biggest Kessel fan on Neogaf but I know the truth.

Despite that I'd let him buy me a diner any day.

KESSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

ibeWqYYIh8cwi7.gif

Yesterday Giants vs Rams it was clear as day the Rams put a bounty on Beckham, Gregg Williams was up to his old tricks, Jeff Fisher is a scum bag coach..

gata he's a center, he shouldn't get any roty talk.

Gata has a hard time grasping more then the basics of football, give him a little slack. Poor little guy.

Baltimore game looks completely different with that one change. I hate his insistence on sticking with guys who just aren't getting the job done. Hartline is another example, to be honest.

Yup, but the other problem is that now we are keeping Coyle who should have been let go last year along with Sherman. This defense might actually get worse.

Gata has a hard time grasping more then the basics of football, give him a little slack. Poor little guy.

Yup, but the other problem is that now we are keeping Coyle who should have been let go last year along with Sherman. This defense might actually get worse.
I really want to know what the fuck happened to the defense. I mean seriously, I just don't know. Injuries to the secondary I get but what happened to the d-line?

Greg

I wish marshawn could win the mvp BUT since he won't I have to support my boy Gregory and vote for rodgers :')

Even though he's a slimy slut who hopes that Dick Sherm gets Madden cursed!! :(
I don't wish the curse on anyone, which is why I never voted for Rodgers to be on the cover

I was just saying it only takes 1 play for Big John to strike!

MechDX

Watt doesn't get MVP he will have to settle for two DPOY awards in 3 years and he has his own ice cream:

HEB.jpg

WaterloggedPeacefulIndianspinyloach.gif

Suck on that A-ron!

Spinluck

Andrew Luck has better stats than Rodgers. If by default it goes to a QB, than just give it to the one with the best stats.

He doesn't though, and is not efficient enough.

I think Luck is pretty good, but he's asked to do way too much with what he has. A team that has no running game, a shiity O-line that has allowed the most hits tracking back to 2012, leads the league in pass attempts, leads the league in drops, a defense with only like 2 talented guys on it, incompetent coaches who run an offensive system that NEEDS a really good O-line, and Trent Richardson.

He has 22 turnovers, and that is actually pretty worrisome. He has also been pretty shitty this last stretch of games sans the Redskins. I think he knows the position he's in, too many wins hinge on him. The guy is talented but it will be wasted if we don't fix these issues. Lucky for them a lot of our issues might not take that long to fix. We just need one really fucking good off season to get going.

Gonna suck when he refuses to re-sign with us, and goes to the Cardinals or Texans.

Zeke

So Dallas is pretty much locked into the 3 seed. So excited for the playoffs to start I hope Garrett pulls all the starters for next weeks game.

Crisco

Banned
You know, other than everyone being about 4 games worse than I expected, the NFC South went about the way I thought it would. TB still sucked, Saints continued their steady decline, and CAR has a chance to repeat. I thought the Saints would still be better than Atlanta, but I'm not surprised with the actual outcome. As for the Panthers, who knows, this is literally not the same team as 2 months ago, with new starters all over offense and defense. It's a real youth movement too, with 7 rookies starting against the Browns. Still think the future is bright, no matter what happens next week.

Tom Penny

Luck is an elite qb too. He is also younger than Rodgers and in a much more difficult situation.

I would argue that Manning, Brady and Brees are not elite anymore. The media is always late on these things but Manning is not healthy enough anymore to be elite. Brady can't complete a pass more than 15 yards downfield, eliminating him from that conversation and putting him into the conversation of should he still start, and Brees is inconsistent and more often than not horrible.

My new crew of elite qb's consist of Rodgers, Luck, Ben and Wussle (this is based on what I think he can do as soon as he gets legit receivers moreso than what he has actually do so far this year). Now that I have written this we can all agree that elite qb's don't win championships and lets prepare to laugh at this frauds as they all get bounced from the playoffs from inferior quarterbacks.

There is Rodgers and everyone else. Nobody is really close to Rodgers. I don't put Russell in that tier. He's on the perfect team. Elite defense and a physical smashing RB in Lynch. He's not asked to do much. He does possess that it factor / clutch though were he will make plays that demoralize a defenses on a scramble pass or big run. Luck is a great QB who won't have any competition at the position in the AFC soon but he turns the ball over too much. That's the Favre in him.

bionic77

I agree with you that Brady,Brees, and Manning are no longer elite. I can't get behind the Luck bandwagon on being elite though. Pats have demolished the Colts, and have made Luck look horrendous with poor defenses. Every time he has played the Pats he looks like complete garbage. It's hard for me to say Luck is elite when he doesn't look good against one of the top teams in his conference consistently. I also don't consider Big Ben to be elite either. Have always considered him to be one of the most overrated players in the NFL. Right now there's two elite QBs and one is more on potential. Rodgers is obvious, and Wilson could possibly be elite like you said given the receivers.

He's obviously been great. Hopefully they can find a guard or two in next years draft, and a left tackle FML forgot about that one.
Qbs on garbage teams often get exposed. Luck has a shit offensive line, the worst core of running backs in the league, a bottom 3 defense and slightly above average wide receivers and you are surprised that he gets embarrassed against good teams? Luck is Ben 2.0 me. If Indianapolis ever gets an NFL team to put around him before his body breaks don't be surprised when he wins it all.

Also Ben overrated? :lol

Get serious with your opinions son! If anything he is probably the most underrated qb in the league. He puts up numbers, wins games, has had great postseason success. Every receiver he has becomes a star in the league. This has been the case for the past 10 years. They all shit the bed as soon as they leave (except Burress, RIP).

ShaneB

I think Luck is pretty good, but he's asked to do way too much with what he has. A team that has no running game, a shiity O-line that has allowed the most hits tracking back to 2012, leads the league in pass attempts, leads the league in drops, a defense with only like 2 talented guys on it, incompetent coaches who run an offensive system that NEEDS a really good O-line, and Trent Richardson.

He has 22 turnovers, and that is actually pretty worrisome. He has also been pretty shitty this last stretch of games sans the Redskins. I think he knows the position he's in, too many wins hinge on him. The guy is talented but it will be wasted if we don't fix these issues. Lucky for them a lot of our issues might not take that long to fix. We just need one really fucking good off season to get going.

Gonna suck when he refuses to resign with us, and goes to the Cardinals or Texans.

It was just a name I threw out after glancing at the league stats list, Luck has also thrown 100 more times than Rodgers. Would you even be in contention with Hasselbeck at QB? I mean maybe because the division isn't exactly stellar.. Luck has some better stats than Rodgers, but the turnovers are obviously a mess. Tony Romo has a completion percentage sitting at 70%, and only 8 ints, surely he's a MVP candidate too! edit: What Farooq said.

Ah well. Like I've said before, Watt gets my vote, or DeMarco Murray, I just want to see a non-QB win it.

Gonna suck when he refuses to re-sign with us, and goes to the Cardinals or Texans.
The whole Luck situation bums me out. Every time they play a good team it's like...

1st and 10: Run for 2
2nd and 8: Run for -4
3rd and 12: Good luck, Andrew!

Do that a few times and then punt, defense gets destroyed, rinse and repeat.

I don't know that I've ever felt so sure about one guy carrying a bad team. It's just a
shame how little is around him.

Crisco

Banned
The whole Newton situation bums me out. Every time they play a good team it's like...

1st and 10: Run for 2
2nd and 8: Run for -4
3rd and 12: Good luck, Cam!

Do that a few times and then punt, defense gets destroyed, rinse and repeat.

I don't know that I've ever felt so sure about one guy carrying a bad team. It's just a
shame how little is around him.

Yup. Although in Cam's case, there is (some) talent around him, but holy jesus the play calling is bad.

rando14

Pete Damilatis ‏@PFF_Pete
Marshawn Lynch broke a @PFF record last season with 86 forced missed tackles. He has 96 this season. #Seahawks

Oh my

Luck won't win with Richardson as his back and Pagano as his coach. The Colts won't be able to pull a Hawks and win a bowl while the QB is cheap and can bombard him with talent around him, they'll have to pay Luck big bucks and hope they can draft a lot of cheap talent :/

bionic77

Speaking of Rodgers.

Dude is lucky to play in the worst division in football.

Not sure how he would fare if he had to go somewhere like the AFC East or NFC South.

God forbid he go to the AFC North where the big boys play.

Actually, on second thought. Maybe the NFC South is actually tougher than it appears! Fuck my argument is falling apart before it even got started.

:(

zychi

Banned
I made my weekly trip to ESPN.com to see what's hot, and I find this as a Top 5 story

That's good to hear!

I think this all comes dowo to whether he plays and plays well next week. He broke the record for best passer rating in a season this year and has similar numbers to Rodgers, while having a broken back, and missing most of a game.

Speaking of Rodgers.

Dude is lucky to play in the worst division in football.

Not sure how he would fare if he had to go somewhere like the AFC East or NFC South.

God forbid he go to the AFC North where the big boys play.

Actually, on second thought. Maybe the NFC South is actually tougher than it appears! Fuck my argument is falling apart before it even got started.

:(

Hope you're not losing it when you're in court or you might have to rough it out with gata in Detroit.

Tom Penny

Also Ben overrated? :lol

Get serious with your opinions son! If anything he is probably the most underrated qb in the league. He puts up numbers, wins games, has had great postseason success. Every receiver he has becomes a star in the league. This has been the case for the past 10 years. They all shit the bed as soon as they leave (except Burress, RIP).

I'd take Ben over plenty of QB's but to say he put up numbers throughout his career? No.

bionic77

Hope you're not losing it when you're in court or you might have to rough it out with gata in Detroit.
It was a good year actually. Thankfully I am smart and hardworking so most jobs have never been that hard for me. The family is always much tougher to manage!

I am getting jealous of my sister though. She is a dentist and apparently most of those lazy fucks only work 4 days a week. I can't imagine my life with a 4 day work week. I imagine myself either having a second job or being in ridiculously good shape.

The downside is she has to stick her hands into diseased mouths for 10 hours a day. For someone like me that is a deal breaker.

bionic77

I'd take Ben over plenty of QB's but to say he put up numbers throughout his career? No.
We were talking about who is elite today.

Check his stats for this year.

Amazing how little attention he is getting.

I am not sure if that is because it is not on the medias predetermined story lines for the year or because of the fact that he is a dirty scumbag.

Top Bottom