• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 16 |OT| Nobody goes 8-8 like the Buffalo Bills!

cdyhybrid

The penalty disparity was egregious again. The Seahawks have been called for more fouls than anyone in the NFL while their opponents have been called for the fewest. I know the Seahawks commit a shit ton of penalties and most of them are legit calls, but there should never be a reality where, this late in the season, one team has been flagged more than any other while the teams they're playing have been flagged the least. The odds of that happening to the defending champs (1 in 1,089), in a vacuum, are too strong against that. It is the highest ratio against in 71 years. That really a coincidence?

Look, call it homerism on my part if you must, but after another game with a ridiculous penalty disparity (11 fouls for 97 yards by Seattle, one for five yards by Arizona), one can't help but wonder. I don't know, maybe the Cardinals are the most disciplined team in history to lose by 29 on their home field. Now, that's not to say the Seahawks didn't have more than their share of the pre-snap penalties that have afflicted them all season, but 11 to one?

SEAHAWKS REFS

Well, Philbin is coming back next season.

Tannehill played AWESOME yesterday. QBR over 100 I believe. Miami needs to get rid of Hartline and find a WR with some talent.

Defense needs to damn improve. Injuries did hurt us beginning-mid season, but what can you do. Finnegan is just awesome.

Dolphins are such a bipolar team. They have the tools to be playoff contenders, but fail to finish in their most important games, like the Packers and Broncos.

EDIT-Forgot about Moreno. Sucked that he was out for the season, but hopefully he still has it. If not, get rid of him and thomas and find a high calibre RB.

Well, Philbin is coming back next season.

Tannehill played AWESOME yesterday. QBR over 100 I believe. Miami needs to get rid of Hartline and find a WR with some talent.

Defense needs to damn improve. Injuries did hurt us beginning-mid season, but what can you do. Finnegan is just awesome.

Dolphins are such a bipolar team. They have the tools to be playoff contenders, but fail to finish in their most important games, like the Packers and Broncos.

EDIT-Forgot about Moreno. Sucked that he was out for the season, but hopefully he still has it. If not, get rid of him and thomas and find a high calibre RB.

You mean passer rating right? Cause only ESPN pushed that garbage QBR stat.

Spinluck

dragon does this answer your question

snesfreak: why would dragon care about amiibos? he's a fucking sony shill
Bread: why would any adult care about amiibos? they're fucking toys

My girlfriend thinks it's funny, but the other night when I finally got her play she said, "this is kind of cool, is it on Xbox?"

What a moron :lol.

Dragon

Banned
dragon does this answer your question

snesfreak: why would dragon care about amiibos? he's a fucking sony shill
Bread: why would any adult care about amiibos? they're fucking toys

I'm not sure it answers my question. But I'm glad that snes is in the holiday spirit.

They're essentially collectable figures that have some NFC capability that works with certain games. The current amiibos are primarily for Smash, so they have saved Smash data in the figure that's specific to that game. They also unlock things in other games like Hyrule Warriors and Mario Kart 8 based on what character the amiibo is.

Ah okay, so they're almost like action figures that can interact with first party Nintendo games? (I know Koei actually developed Warriors)

bionic77

We are called the 12's but we are literally playing 11v12 every game and still winning. Unless when are at home! Then it's 12v12!

#HatersGonHate
I wish my coach was smart enough to teach his defense to cheat so often that it would be impossible for the refs to throw a flag on every possession. He probably stole the idea from the Patriots but I always give credit when it is deserved.

If we held on defense as often as your secondary does I think we could move up from the 20th ranked defense in the league to maybe the top 15!

On the opposite end of the coaching spectrum was Andy Reid taking a timeout when there was less than 2 minutes left in the game to decide whether or not to kick a FG or go for it on 4th and 2 (down by 11). And then he kicks the FG.

:lol Still can't believe that happened.

Furyous

Logan Thomas could start but I'm not mad for some odd reason. Arians needs to restrict him to a maximum of 30 passes. Cut Dogg starting in Chicago is a good sign for the fiery passionate people of the world.

Connor Shaw could start.

Connor can't be any worse than the historically poor performance from Johnny Privilege. That was one for the history books. That was Tebow level awful. Shout out to Ray Farmer for keeping Connor just in case this happened. Connor needs a passer rating well above 27.3 to be considered successful in some capacity.

Ah okay, so they're almost like action figures that can interact with first party Nintendo games? (I know Koei actually developed Warriors)

Pretty much. There's some 3rd party support announced in Japan at the very least (Ace Combat 3DS skins and One Piece costumes)

eznark

Banned
How can you avoid stomping on a defenseless offensive player?

Do you know how fast the game is played? These guys are stomping their incredibly athletic feet around the feed all day!

It's his sixth player safety violation. They didnt give a fuck that it was accidental.

His appeal is tomorrow.

bionic77

Literally never except for live sports. What the fuck is PER?
Its a made up statistic on ESPN to prove that LeBron is the greatest player of all time. No one else recognizes it and yet ESPN acts like the people who question it are worse than 9/11 truthers.

They tried to do the same thing with QBR and Peyton Manning but it backfired and it went in the favor of some fraudass bitch in Green Bay.

:(

Afrikan

So who is going to pick up a great DE...In his prime?

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...ts-Rape-by-Intoxication-Police-286594641.html
Court documents and text messages detailing sexual assault allegations against former San Francisco 49er Ray McDonald show a woman claims the attack happened at his home after they drank together at a bar and she injured her head in a fall near the player's swimming pool.

A search warrant unsealed Monday includes a text-message exchange that police set up between the recently released defensive lineman and the alleged victim to discuss the sexual encounter.

VIDEOSan Francisco 49ers Release Ray McDonald
The woman says she has no memory of the encounter. And San Jose Police Officer Sean Pierce told Santa Clara County Superior Court Judge Griffin M.J. Bonini that he recommended a "rape by intoxication" charge before securing the two warrants, served Dec. 16 and 17.
McDonald argues that the sex was consensual. And his parents told NBC Bay Area that the story is not true, and vowed the security cameras inside McDonald's San Jose home on Bentley Drive will soon paint a different picture. The former 49er has not been arrested or charged. San Jose police say the case is still under investigation, and as of Monday, no criminal charges have been filed.

I wish my coach was smart enough to teach his defense to cheat so often that it would be impossible for the refs to throw a flag on every possession. He probably stole the idea from the Patriots but I always give credit when it is deserved.

If we held on defense as often as your secondary does I think we could move up from the 20th ranked defense in the league to maybe the top 15!

On the opposite end of the coaching spectrum was Andy Reid taking a timeout when there was less than 2 minutes left in the game to decide whether or not to kick a FG or go for it on 4th and 2 (down by 11). And then he kicks the FG.

:lol Still can't believe that happened.

#HatersGonHate

MJ > Magic

MechDX

NFL suspended Lions C Dominic Raiola for Sunday's game versus Packers for foot-stomping incident.

This is the 6th safety-related rules violation for Dominic Raiola since 2010. He will appeal to be heard tomorrow by appeals officer

bionic77

It's his sixth player safety violation. They didnt give a fuck that it was accidental.

His appeal is tomorrow.
Look guys are going to hurt when they play football. Its part of the game.

Lets ignore that it happens far more often to teams playing the Lions and Jeff Fischer coached teams. The fact of the matter is that the pendulum has swung too far in favor of the offense. If you take away the stomping what is next? Does that mean that Suh won't be able to rake the eyes of a defenseless player on the ground? Does it mean that a stand up guy like Raoli (just ask anyone on his team, at least 1 out of 4* of them will say in any interview that he is a stand up guy who just got unlucky).

* Must be given full anonymity.

bionic77

They still play pro basketball?
They even have a team in Milwaukee!

#HatersGonHate

MJ > Magic
You truly disgust me.

It is kids like you that get adopted. Parents know there is something inherently wrong with the child and want to cut their losses.

If you are actually adopted remember it was a joke and I only hate you on the internet. In real life you can hang out with me as we egg a Pats fan house after they beat the Steelers in the playoffs. I won't agree to egg a Niners fan as I don't want to get stabbed in the dick.

I was going to say there's zero chance Logan plays because Arians is serious about not setting him up to fail and taking his time in grooming him into a franchise QB. This is why he didn't come in for Lindley's scrub ass last night, you don't want the kid to to begin his NFL career (outside the brief Bronco time) against a SEA D that at that point in the game, would completely pin their ears back and destroy him. Right now, Arians is saying he wants to see Logan's level of progression for the season by giving him a full week of practice with him as the starter and see how it goes against SF but that he'd have a real short leash because again, they don't want to destroy his confidence. If he looks poor in practice, he won't start. Stanton is going to practice some too and I expect he'll be ready to go for the playoff game.

They even have a team in Milwaukee!

You truly disgust me.

It is kids like you that get adopted. Parents know there is something inherently wrong with the child and want to cut their losses.

If you are actually adopted remember it was a joke and I only hate you on the internet. In real life you can hang out with me as we egg a Pats fan house after they beat the Steelers in the playoffs. I won't agree to egg a Niners fan as I don't want to get stabbed in the dick.

Nope. MJ is better in every aspect except for being a nice person. The only thing Magic has over MJ is Magic is a nice guy
and had more sex with beautiful women
while MJ is an asshole, but that has nothing to do with what they do on the basketball court and MJ is far superior.

Simmons has MJ>Russell>KAJ>Magic>Bird>Wilt which is close enough to being correct. My personal list is MJ>KAJ>Russell>Magic>Wilt>Bird.

Michael Bennett

"It was the best run I've ever seen. I felt like he was running for freedom or something. Boy, he was gone. They haven't had a run like that since the Underground Railroad."

brentech

How can you avoid stomping on a defenseless offensive player?

Do you know how fast the game is played? These guys are stomping their incredibly athletic feet around the feed all day!

Feet moving at 110mph. What's he supposed to do, look away from the guy's ankle and try to avoid him!?
This was in the middle of some high octane action. Right in the scrum of a play. Give him a chance!

Tom Penny

Its a made up statistic on ESPN to prove that LeBron is the greatest player of all time. No one else recognizes it and yet ESPN acts like the people who question it are worse than 9/11 truthers.

They tried to do the same thing with QBR and Peyton Manning but it backfired and it went in the favor of some fraudass bitch in Green Bay.

:(

PER has been around forever and far superior to QBR. ESPN just added to it and made up some Hollinger BS..

brentech

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago
Browns HC Mike Pettine announced Johnny Manziel's hamstring injury has ended his season.

bionic77

Feet moving at 110mph. What's he supposed to do, look away from the guy's ankle and try to avoid him!?
This was in the middle of some high octane action. Right in the scrum of a play. Give him a chance!
:lol

I can't wait until the real circus comes to town and actually tries to make a legit case for this scumbag.

If the NFL really gave a fuck about safety he would be suspended for the rest of the year. I mean this is his 6th fucking offense!

PER has been around forever and far superior to QBR. ESPN just added to it and made up some Hollinger BS..

PER was created by Hollinger.... so not it hasn't been around forever since Hollinger is only in his 40's and he didn't even create the stat until 1999/2000's.

So it's only been around for about 14-15 years.

Tom Penny

PER was created by Hollinger.... so not it hasn't been around forever since Hollinger is only in his 40's and he didn't even create the stat until 1999/2000's.

So it's only been around for about 14-15 years.

I thought it was offensive efficiency rating and he attempted to add defense to it which is impossible. You can suck at D and still get steal and blocks.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Don't try to trick people Kave. I saw Frozen, I know that was based off of the canadian origin story. It had mooses and snowmen, so I'm pretty sure it's historically accurate.

ps can you get me an autograph of queen elsa?

I'll try my best for you.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago
Browns HC Mike Pettine announced Johnny Manziel's hamstring injury has ended his season.

I don't even know how to feel any more. :(

Top Bottom