• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 16 |OT| Nobody goes 8-8 like the Buffalo Bills!

bionic77

We've had sleeper teams with no business winning, well...win. Doesn't always happen, and didn't last year, but looking back it does happen. The most recent case being the Ravens. Scrapped their OC late in the season, looked like shit going into the playoffs. Losing 4 of their last 5 heading in.

Then they exploded and proceeded to beat the Colts, Broncos, Pats, and Niners to capture the Superbowl. Nobody, except for BLarry (he was high on the Lewis juice, but who could blame him?), believed that the Ravens would pull it off.

I'm not saying the Steelers will win anything. I just think that if there is going to be an upset, they are my pick to pull it off. It's a guess more than anything, and as such I could be very wrong.
Upsets are going to happen.

It's a year of frauds. Back to usual.

I can feel it in my bones!

Godslay

Banned
Upsets are going to happen.

It's a year of frauds. Back to usual.

I can feel it in my bones!

Certainly feels that way in the AFC. I think the Broncos are contenders, but it would not surprise me to see them eliminated. Playoffs are weird in that way, best team on paper doesn't always win.

dreamgiver032

Neo Member
Sad that the Chiefs/Bills game isn't in the voting for the top 20 games of the year.

That would have been cool, seeing as that was the only game I had the chance of attending. I'd give a nut to go to Pitt tomorrow, but waaay too expensive, and I'd be murdered for sure. Buffalo and Cleveland has been beat down enough to endure my shit, but Pittsburgh on the other hand... I can be a unique kind of asshole there, lol.

dreamgiver032

Neo Member
btw, enough of this Steeler playoff bullshit talk until at least after they can slither past KC tomorrow. I can almost assure they'll do it, but it hasn't happened yet...

@MaioccoCSN
Agree with @mortreport that top outside candidate to replace Jim Harbaugh as #49ers coach is Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels.

buckle up yall, the next 1-2 offseasons gonna be incredible and hilarious

tempclausentate--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Tate is not impressed

bionic77

Certainly feels that way in the AFC. I think the Broncos are contenders, but it would not surprise me to see them eliminated. Playoffs are weird in that way, best team on paper doesn't always win.
Paper doesn't mean shit.

The better team wins absent cheating and fuckery (see Pats).

When the Broncos and Pats lose at home to some 10 win team it wasn't because they got unlucky it was because they were frauds like everyone else.

Also :lol at the idea of the Bungles winning anything.

MechDX

@MaioccoCSN
Agree with @mortreport that top outside candidate to replace Jim Harbaugh as #49ers coach is Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels.

#PatsWest

Kap to become a more tatted up Tom

Tom Penny

@MaioccoCSN

Kap in the Erhardt-Perkins system should be entertaining.

Godslay

Banned
Paper doesn't mean shit.

The better team wins absent cheating and fuckery (see Pats).

When the Broncos and Pats lose at home to some 10 win team it wasn't because they got unlucky it was because they were frauds like everyone else.

Also :lol at the idea of the Bungles winning anything.

I agree that paper doesn't mean anything. Teams can be better than other teams in terms of talent, but not execute or be out executed by teams with less talent. In the end, if we are basing fraudulence on wins, 31 out of 32 NFL teams end up as frauds. Chances are your/my team ends up as the fraud!

MechDX

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-to-give-up-a-good-draft-pick-to-move-cutler/

If the Bears want to move quarterback Jay Cutler in the offseason, would they have to swap draft picks with the acquiring club to get the deal done?

According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, “several NFL executives” have indicated the Bears might have to trade draft selections to close any Cutler deal, given the guaranteed money on Cutler’s contract. In this scenario, the acquiring team would get Cutler and a higher pick, with the Bears getting a lower pick and salary-cap relief in return. As Schefter notes, any trade can’t be an out-and-out giveaway; the Bears would have to receive something in return, per NFL rules.

Basically the Bears will have to pay another team to take Cutler.

But according to Minx the Bears would get a 1-3 for Cutler.

Spinluck

If this is how it plays out you don't have to worry about the steelers because they have absolutely no chance at beating the pats.

Will be great to see your exit this year with you posting stuff like this.

Then again, with young Padawan Eli gone, I can see why there's a burst of confidence. :(

Bread

Banned
Will be great to see your exit this year with you posting stuff like this.

Then again, with young Padawan Eli gone, I can see why there's a burst of confidence. :(
it's especially funny coming from thefatone who was talking so much shit about the team the first few weeks of the season :jnc

bionic77

I agree that paper doesn't mean anything. Teams can be better than other teams in terms of talent, but not execute or be out executed by teams with less talent. In the end, if we are basing fraudulence on wins, 31 out of 32 NFL teams end up as frauds. Chances are your/my team ends up as the fraud!
I just don't think anyone is really good this year.

MechDX

We need to find our friend Mech a new website for football news, Florio is the worst.

My opinion on Florio is very open: hack of the worst kind and if I ever ran into him on the street I would punch him in his damn face. PFT does have some other writers that are ok and they do get some exclusive news every so often.

Honestly though Twitter is the best for breaking news. Just follow the right people.

Top Bottom