• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 16 |OT| Nobody goes 8-8 like the Buffalo Bills!

RBH

NFL-Return-to-Los-Angeles-Still-on-the-Table-e1413482990177.jpg

As if there were any questions, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell put an end to them this week when he told the San Diego Chargers, Oakland Raiders and St. Louis Rams that there will not be a team that moves to Los Angeles for next season, according to league sources.

Goodell also told the Chargers, Raiders and Rams -- each of whom can file a relocation application for the 2015 season starting Jan. 1 -- that any team that is considering relocating to Los Angeles should look to 2016 instead, according to sources.

Once Goodell delivered that message to teams, the Chargers announced that they were going to be staying in San Diego.

Goodell's message still doesn't stop a team such as the Raiders or Rams from filing a relocation application. But those applications, which would require a super majority for approval, would not have the league's support and likely would be rejected.

So the wait for a team in Los Angeles now is expected to go on until 2016, at least.

The Chargers announced Tuesday that they will not exercise their right to terminate their lease at Qualcomm Stadium, stating that they will continue their attempt to build "a Super Bowl-quality" stadium in San Diego.

According to team executive Mark Fabiani, the Chargers are keeping a watchful eye on what happens in Los Angeles, with 30 percent of the team's local revenue -- which includes advertising, sponsorships, club seats and suites -- originating in the Los Angeles market.
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/...fl-approve-los-angeles-relocation-2015-season

Spinluck

it's especially funny coming from thefatone who was talking so much shit about the team the first few weeks of the season :jnc

I mean, I'd think I watch what I'd say after getting eliminated by the Colts (06), Giants (07), Ravens (09), Jets (10), Giants again (11), Ravens again (12), and Denver (13).

I'm pretty sure you guys were only underdogs in 2 of these games, both against Peyton Manning led teams, which his teams have won. Colts were barely the favorites in that AFCC, I think they got the slight edge because they were home.

Otherwise, my confidence would be pretty shook. Props to Fatone though, believing in your team is a dead art from!

I mean, I'd think I watch what I'd say after getting eliminated by the Colts (06), Giants (07), Ravens (09), Jets (10), Giants again (11), Ravens again (12), and Denver (13).

I'm pretty sure you guys were only underdogs in 2 of these games, both against Peyton Manning led teams, which his teams have won. Colts were barely the favorites in that AFCC, I think they got the slight edge because they were home.

Otherwise, my confidence would be pretty shook. Props to Fatone though, believing in your team is a dead art from!
He can't have confidence in his team? I don't understand your point.

Godslay

Banned

He can do whatever he wants. It's fine having confidence in your team. I have confidence that the Broncos can get it done. Even with that said, I never really rule out an underdog knocking them out. The playoffs are a weird beast in that way.

Being that the Broncos have been knocked out more often then not, I'll lean towards elimination rather than total victory. That's what I think Spin was getting at.

Spinluck

How did you get that out of my post? I was just saying, it comes off as a bit cocky to say [xxxxxxxx] team has no chance. You guys have been in this position before and have had to eat some humble pie on several occasions. Comes off more cocky than confident!

Bread

Banned

I'm in spinland, thoughts?

How did you get that out of my post? I was just saying, it comes off as a bit cocky to say [xxxxxxxx] team has no chance. You guys have been in this position before and have had to eat some humble pie on several occasions. Comes off more cocky than confident!
I don't see a problem with being cocky.

Spinluck

Spinluck

Are you a thug who lives inland or a cultured cool guy on the coast.

I am on the coast now fool! The racist and thugs are inland to the north of the state. I am not a Gata though (are you still here or are you thugging in Detroit now?).

I live about 35 mins from South Beach, I used to live in Orlando but moved down her cause it was cheaper for me (somehow). Too poor to live on the beach though, sorry!

Bread

Banned
I am on the coast now fool! The racist and thugs are inland to the north of the state. I am not a Gata though (are you still here or are you thugging in Detroit now?).

I live about 35 mins from South Beach, I used to live in Orlando but moved down her cause it was cheaper for me (somehow). Too poor to live on the beach though, sorry!
Oh nice! Jacksonville was a sad place to drive through, I can see why gata has become the ornery thug he is.

I'm in Sarasota, hopefully I can find some people my age amongst the waves of old fucks.

GQman2121

Banned
The reason passing numbers no longer matter is because it's so difficult to defend without knowing if a game changing flag is going to be thrown. That has to fuck with your mentality while the balls in the air and your running as fast has humanly possible.

Spinluck

Oh nice! Jacksonville was a sad place to drive through, I can see why gata has become the ornery thug he is.

I'm in Sarasota, hopefully I can find some people my age amongst the waves of old fucks.

Sarasota has an some amazing beaches--IIRC Siesta Key Beach is one of the highest rated in the country, and there is a dope museum in that city I believe. I think one of them is at Ringling College of Art and Design, I would've went to school there if it wasn't like $150k :lol.

There are a lot of olds, beware.

Bread

Banned
Sarasota has an some amazing beaches--IIRC Siesta Key Beach is one of the highest rated in the country, and there is a dope museum in that city I believe. I think one of them is at Ringling College of Art and Design, I would've went to school there if it wasn't like $150k :lol.

There are a lot of olds, beware.
Yeah my mom has lived here for a few years, I'm only 5 minutes from siesta key its great. The sand is incredible.

brentech

Passing stats totally meaningless. Unless you're Jay Cutler or 20 some other starting QBs that can't compete with those stats on any level.

Why would any team in this era employ a run-heavy scheme, given all the advantages of the passing game? After all, Josh McCown (Josh McCown!) has completed 60.9 percent of his passes since 2008, higher than the career average of every Hall of Fame quarterback except Steve Young (64.3), Joe Montana (63.2) and Troy Aikman (61.5). What would you do?

lol

Top Bottom