• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 17 |OT| - For the Division

Malalaw

With my team out of the playoff race I have no idea what to do with my day tomorrow. May as well just watch the games and hope for some upsets. I'd really love to see the Texans make it into the playoffs.

Harbaugh's the only reason Roman's still there in the first place. Roman should probably have his bags packed before Jim's release is announced, rather than wait a second later before he's notified he's gone and has to find a cab.

Jim Harbaugh is departing the 49ers to coach his alma mater, the University of Michigan, according to CSN Bay Area’s Dave Feldman.

Harbaugh will be introduced Tuesday in Ann Arbor, Mich., according to Feldman, a Palo Alto High School classmate of Harbaugh’s before the later left to play quarterback at Michigan from 1982-86.

Harbaugh did not respond to a text message from this newspaper seeking comment.

It is unclear if Harbaugh will finish out his 49ers tenure by coaching Sunday’s season finale against the Arizona Cardinals at Levi’s Stadium. Harbaugh’s contract runs through next season. Jim Tomsula served as the interim coach for the 2010 finale in place of the fired Mike Singletary, and Tomsula has remained on staff as the defensive line coach.

Harbaugh “did not spill the beans” to his players Saturday night, one of them said anonymously when reached via text message.

Right tackle Anthony Davis on Friday said “everbody” was anticipating Harbaugh’s departure, and Davis expressed his gratitude on Twitter at about 9:45 p.m. Saturday.

“I just looked Harbaugh in his eyes and thanked him for leading us to some of the best times of our lives. Give Respect when it’s due. … I wish him the best on his next Coaching Job. If you google it you’ll see where that will be.”

yep.... and niners fans should have the same feeling about harbs. what a ride it has been the last 4 years. sucks that we are this decades bills/eagles but thems the breaks!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Great, I blame FMT and San Fran when the State of Alabama has to give Lord Saban even more money.

Though, plus side, Urbanz Meyers abandoned the SEC ship, for being afraid of getting a heart attack via Saban.

Harbaugh @ Michigan, puts him right back in line for a coronary attack.

Jim was one muff punt away from a SB appearance.
Jim was one tip away from another SB appearance.
Jim was one pass away from a SB victory.

When he's old and laying in bed playing that "what if" game it's going to hurt like a mother fucker.

Jim was one muff punt away from a SB appearance.
Jim was one tip away from another SB appearance.
Jim was one pass away from a SB victory.

When he's old and laying in bed playing that "what if" game it's going to hurt like a mother fucker.
Only way he won't take another crack at it is if he dies first. (or fails miserably at Michigan, which is unlikely given the "recruiting budget" he'll have)

In which case he will not be old and laying in bed.

Zee-Row

Banned
My mom watches this shit
la-gata.jpg

I had to double take when I saw it on my parents DVR

I've seen that show , shes hot.

JABEE

Django is the best Tarantino Film. It deserved to win Best Picture the year it came out. Tarantino can direct and write the fuck out of a movie.

So later today either Kas will be making excuses or 99% of us will be wallowing in pain listing to him praise Stafford and Restore the Roar 2014.May god have mercy on us all if Munn screws over the Packers.

So later today either Kas will be making excuses or 99% of us will be wallowing in pain listing to him praise Stafford and Restore the Roar 2014.May god have mercy on us all if Munn screws over the Packers.
Aaron has to learn some impulse control, and let the dudes he hires to please the beast do that shit after the game.

Kiryu

I'm not happy about the confirmed announcement about Jim Harbaugh.

I want to say... Fuck 49ers organization for letting him go and who would want to see "Jim Harbaugh the great football coach" walk away from a team who he turned it around in first year arrival when he was hired in 2011...

Fuck you, Jed York, and 49ers Organization. Oh there's only one thing, I can think about you only have one thing better than... you're only better than Jets organization. That's it.

pardon my poor grammar but I'm upset.

Farewell to our great rivalry of SeahawksVs49ers. :(

I'm not happy about the confirmed announcement about John Harbaugh.

I want to say... Fuck 49ers organization for letting him go and who would want to see "John Harbaugh the great football coach" walk away from a team who he turned it around in first year arrival when he was hired in 2011...

Fuck you, Jed York, and 49ers Organization. Oh there's only one thing, I can think about you only have one thing better than... you're only better than Jets organization. That's it.

I don't know if anyone has ever told you, but you get names wrong a lot, and I mean a ridiculous amount of times lol.

I want to say... Fuck 49ers organization for letting him go and who would want to see "Jim Harbaugh the great football coach" walk away from a team who he turned it around in first year arrival when he was hired in 2011...

This post made me laugh way harder than it should have.

Edit: damnit you beat me to it.

bigosc2k

Banned

I love you hawk fans, it was great to see all the trash talking that was going on these past 4 years.

Gadfly

While flying into a tree he exclaimed "Egad!"
I can't believe here in NW we have to watch Dallas-Washington instead of Packers-Lions. This sucks.

I can't believe here in NW we have to watch Dallas-Washington instead of Packers-Lions. This sucks.

Packers-Lions is same time as Sehawks-Rams. We can't have that...

Dallas-Washington is same time slot as Eagles-Giants / Jags-Texans / Bears-Vikings / Saints - Bucs.

So yea it makes the most sense to give the NW Dallas-Washington.

Gadfly

While flying into a tree he exclaimed "Egad!"
Packers-Lions is same time as Sehawks-Rams. We can't have that...

Dallas-Washington is same time slot as Eagles-Giants / Jags-Texans / Bears-Vikings / Saints - Bucs.

So yea it makes the most sense to give the NW Dallas-Washington.

Oh, my bad, I thought this is a morning game given the game is in GB.

In any case, I am sick and tired of watching Dallas games.

I love you hawk fans, it was great to see all the trash talking that was going on these past 4 years.

harbs just brought a swagger and an energy to the team. never again will we see a single man clown on an entire organization as harbs did to the lions. basically derailed their season and produced a shame cloud that will follow that organization for years to come

i-f51cbd8daeb46575ba94f3f9a140c463-Harbaugh-Schwartz.jpg

i love you and i'll miss you harbs!

zychi

Banned
harbs just brought a swagger and an energy to the team. never again will we see a single man clown on an entire organization as harbs did to the lions. basically derailed their season and produced a shame cloud that will follow that organization for years to come

You can come stay 90 mins from Ann Arbor, and we can go to a game together!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

I was wrong all along, FMT. I defended Schwartz because he was our Head Coach during this whole postgame fiasco and kind of Restored the Roar, but the coward didn't even have the balls to look mans man Jim Harbaugh in the eyes. I knew that as I was typing during our debates but I felt I had to defend him just because he was a Detroit Lion. I've tried to learn from that.

harbaugh-schwartz-490.jpeg

All along Schwartz was everything that was wrong with our team that we had despite all the undeniable young talent we have, yet I still defended him. Had we had a coach like Jim Harbaugh we would've won a Superbowl already.

He did a hell of a job in San Francisco, the track record speaks for itself and we'll see him back in the NFL eventually. The 49ers brass is stupid for letting him go though but oh well. Hopefully we see a cocky 49ersGAF soon.

Top Bottom