• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 17 |OT| - For the Division

That handshake sent a shockwaves of negative vibes through the dystopian city of Detroit and guaranteed another fifty years of ineptitude and failure, and for that, Jim Harbaugh, I thank you.

Now get the fuck out of the NFL so GB can win more Lombardis.

bigosc2k

Banned
harbs just brought a swagger and an energy to the team. never again will we see a single man clown on an entire organization as harbs did to the lions. basically derailed their season and produced a shame cloud that will follow that organization for years to come

i-f51cbd8daeb46575ba94f3f9a140c463-Harbaugh-Schwartz.jpg

i love you and i'll miss you harbs!

We're all going to miss Harbs man! Hopefully Trent Baalke will bring in your boy Brian in to be the next HC, maybe he can get Colin to throw 80 yards on one knee between the goal post.

JABEE

I want the eagles to hire Rex Ryan as DC, but I bet you he spends a year in the press box and finds a HC job. He may find a HC job right away.

zychi

Banned
I want the eagles to hire Rex Ryan as DC, but I bet you he spends a year in the press box and finds a HC job. He may find a HC job right away.

If Rex isn't the Bears HC or DC, or the Cowboys DC next year, I will be really annoyed. He's a no-brainer for all 3 positions. Fuck, he could replace Harbs in SF with that defense being healthy. Kaep is the best QB he's ever seen.

JNA

Banned

You're right and that will probably happen.

Although him coming to the Eagles with Mark Sanchez there...it feels like Destiny.

Striker

By press box, I meant an announcer/analyst.

Isn't he getting money next season from the Jets anyway? Can't see him taking any coordinating jobs with that. He likely sits out doing pre-game gigs or takes one of the eventual HC openings. CHI, SF, OAK, and probably ATL will be there.

linkboy

Been a 49ers fan since the late 80's and while I'm torn on this due to the last three years, it still doesn't change the following facts:

The offense under Harbaugh has been trending downwards and statistically been getting worse.

Greg Roman is a terrible OC and should have been fired after he botched the playcalling at the end of the Super Bowl (Run the ball you fucking idiot).

Take away the downright fucking awesome defense that the 49ers have had the past few seasons and I'm wondering if Jim Harbaugh's record is as good as it is, with the offense being as average (at best) as it has been.

If any coach on the 49ers deserves credit for the past three seasons, it's Vic Fangio. Hell, just what he did this year alone has been nothing short of stellar. The 49ers on defense this year:

Aldon Smith out 9 games due to suspension
Navarro Bowman out for the season
Patrick Willis on IR
Glenn Dorsey on IR
Ian McDonald on IR
Chris Culliver missed a ton of games
Treamaine Brock was out of most of the season

Fangio has been fielding a skeleton crew on defense for most of the season and has the 5th ranked defense this season.

Meanwhile, Roman's offense is at the bottom of damn near ever offensive category and has barely put together a complete game all season (truth be told, I'm not sure if they even have). The 49ers are the worst team in probably all of football (not just the NFL) in the second half of games.

Truth be told, I'm not going to miss the milking of the play clock in an attempt to get the defense to give away what they're doing (this is by design, mind you, it's intentionally done by the 49ers). It's the reason why SF has the playclock issues they've had the past three seasons.

linkboy

^

Go Packers

(Sorry Kas, from the same part of California as Rodgers, and we don't have very many people make it to pro sports).

That and I'm still pissed off at Stafford for choking last season and costing me my fantasy league.

jakncoke

Banned
I fucking hate when my sinus drain into the back of my throat activating my gag reflex. ugh i feel not swell this weekend. Beer only slightly making me feel better

Happy NFL Sunday

kellywashington.gif

Reminder: For those who weren't here or just forgot, I made a bet in the offseason that the Lions would finish with a better record than the Packers. I still plan on honoring that bet.

So if Matthew Stafford can't make history today and do something that hasn't been done by a Lions QB since they were handing the ball off to Barry Sanders, I will be wearing an avy of NFL-GAF's design for an entire year.

Jarnet87

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/12083468/rex-ryan-told-friend-expects-fired-new-york-jets

Probably already posted but hopefully he can wait after the playoffs so the Packers can hire him as defensive coordinator. :D

And yeah 49ers are being stupid. Letting go a great coach. Now the team is going to suck again.

they were terrible with Harbaugh this year, things would only get worse judging by all the reports of him fighting with the front office and players tuning him out.

Draxal

Happy NFL Sunday

kellywashington.gif

Reminder: For those who weren't here or just forgot, I made a bet in the offseason that the Lions would finish with a better record than the Packers. I still plan on honoring that bet.

So if Matthew Stafford can't make history today and do something that hasn't been done by a Lions QB since they were handing the ball off to Barry Sanders, I will be wearing an avy of NFL-GAF's design for an entire year.

So is Larry Fedora coming back? You kinda laid down on Friday.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
History says you wouldn't have.

460753702.0.jpg

We will not let you down, Grover. Thank you for your continued belief in the Restoration of the Roar.

If we lost I too will also carry a year long avatar burden but we will not lose.

You are a brave man for making such a bold bet so long ago, Grover. Hopefully whomever designs your avatar takes pity upon you, for you've always been good people in my eyes. Take solace that by losing this bet, you'll have paved a road that will lead to happiness for so many others in this thread and the world over.

harbs just brought a swagger and an energy to the team. never again will we see a single man clown on an entire organization as harbs did to the lions. basically derailed their season and produced a shame cloud that will follow that organization for years to come

i-f51cbd8daeb46575ba94f3f9a140c463-Harbaugh-Schwartz.jpg

i love you and i'll miss you harbs!

He literally exposed Schwartz and he was never the same even though they made the playoffs that year.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Lol this team is in shambles

Are you saying you've cursed me further?.....

Cavs should just trade K.love and Lebron now -_-

DJ T-westo starting today

There's no curse worse then the Shame circle friend.

Honestly I'm so much more bummed but not ending this season. I think it's just the fact we actually had a "shot" at the playoffs. Unlike previous years of "okay if we win 5 straight and these other teams all lose at least 4 of their next 5 we can squeak in"

I'm expecting us to do worse record wise next year though facing the AFC West and NFC West though.

There's no curse worse then the Shame circle friend.

Honestly I'm so much more bummed but not ending this season. I think it's just the fact we actually had a "shot" at the playoffs. Unlike previous years of "okay if we win 5 straight and these other teams all lose at least 4 of their next 5 we can squeak in"

I'm expecting us to do worse record wise next year though facing the AFC West and NFC West though.

How many games do you think Manziel will play in before he's IRed next year? My guess is 2.

Ceebs

Am I a bad fan for hoping Atlanta loses today?

I want to finally get rid of Mike Smith and to get a top 10 draft pick.

A win just ensures another early playoff exit, and no real hope for next year either.

Greg

Am I a bad fan for hoping Atlanta loses today?

I want to finally get rid of Mike Smith and to get a top 10 draft pick.

A win just ensures another early playoff exit, and no real hope for next year either.
yes

who knows what happens if you make it to the playoffs

Top Bottom