• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 2 |OT| Thread Title Subject to Change Depending on Public Outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.
BqMgr1l.jpg

Welcome friends! The future is now! As the old saying goes: THE KING IS DEAD LONG LIVE THE KING

In this OP we will focus on why Tom Brady is washed up and why the true God Jimmy Godroppolo should take over for him as the starting QB in New England.

9tg4f0n.jpg

Now, I'm all for going balls deep into Tom Brady, but let's have the stats speak for themselves.

Tom Brady was 2-of-18 for 65 yards on throws at least 15 yards downfield. Brady missed (over or underthrown pass) on 11 of his 18 attempts (61 percent). Brady missed on 41 percent of deep throws last year. Brady was 0-for-12 in the 2nd half on throws at least 15 yards downfield. Brady's 16 incompletions on throws at least 15 yards downfield is the most by a quarterback in a game since the start of Stats & Info's data set (2006).

This is not good, not let's compare them to Jimmy his deep balls during the regular season:

Clearly Jimmy has the advantage here.

4CNvLwe.jpg

Tom Brady his 40 yard dash : 5.28 seconds
Jimmy Garoppolo his 40 yard dash : 4.94 seconds

Advantage Jimmy G

8hF9kw7.jpg

Sorry Jimbo, but Tim still wins this round.

c3lYD4o.jpg

Yahoo Pick'em League]
Group ID: 5588
Password: neogaf
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem/register/joingroup

Yahoo Pick'em League - Confidence
Group ID: 48829

Yahoo Survival League
Group ID: 19285
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival/register/joingroup[/QUOTE]

Coverage Maps
http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2014&wk=2

THE NFLGAF DESTINY CLAN by Jabee
Join the NFLGAF Destiny Clan! If you were in the BETA, Make sure you set this group as your clan again! You have to play the game first! This is for both Xbox One and PS4 players!

http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/119656

Week 2 Picks
PIT @ BAL
MIA @ BUF
JAX @ WAS
DAL @ TEN
AZ @ NYG
NE @ MIN
NO @ CLE
ATL @ CIN
DET @ CAR
STL @ TB
SEA @ SD
HOU @ OAK
NYJ @ GB
KC @ DEN
CHI @ SF
PHI @ IND

XGhQLIq.jpg

Thread Sponsored by TMZ

Bowser

oh my god this topic is disgusting

PIT @ BAL
MIA @ BUF
JAX @ WAS
DAL @ TEN
AZ [@ NYG
NE @ MIN
NO @ CLE
ATL @ CIN
DET @ CAR
STL @ TB
SEA @ SD *upset special*
HOU @ OAK
NYJ @ GB
KC @ DEN
CHI @ SF
PHI @ IND

TheFatOne

Pats have a scheme problem defensively. They can't run the 34, and should just abandon it for the 43. They weren't good in 34 last season, and I don't know why Patricia keeps going to it.

PIT @ BAL
MIA @ BUF
JAX @ WAS
DAL @ TEN
AZ @ NYG
NE @ MIN
NO @ CLE
ATL @ CIN
DET @ CAR
STL @ TB
SEA @ SD
HOU @ OAK
NYJ @ GB
KC @ DEN
CHI @ SF
PHI @ IND

I feel sick...
Think of it this way, the Dolphins are responsible for the tipping point of Brady approval in the minds of Patriots fans. Our team has ushered in calls for a new era and the ultimate destruction of Brady. This is a wonderful thing.

Also, new thread needs more of this:

wake3jwdbm.gif

wake4nwcdj.gif

wake5ivfji.gif

moreno1q7cj0.gif

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Starting the year with back-to-back replacement op'ers. No wonder we're losing! I hope bucket recovers from his sprained [REDACTED] soon.

cajunator

Banned
PIT
MIA
JAX
DAL
AZ
NE
CLE
CIN
CAR
STL
SEA
HOU
GB
KC
SF
PHI

Yes I pick Cleveland because the Saints wont beat Cleveland in a road game.

Bowser

links are broken

Yahoo Pick'em League
Group ID: 5588

Yahoo Pick'em League - Confidence
Group ID: 48829

Yahoo Survival League
Group ID: 19285
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival/register/joingroup

Replacement OP, copied and pasted the old OP instead of the underlying text!

For shame.

For the new thread!

It's pretty cool to have a #1 WR that isn't a midget for once:

Panthers-Bucs-48~0.jpg

TheFatOne

- Now, for the defensive line. Oy. As Rich already said, much of the problem here comes down to scheming. The Patriots do not have the personnel to play a two-gapping 3-4 scheme. Chandler Jones should not be a two-gapping 3-4 end. Joe Vellano should not be on the Patriots in the first place. Vince Wilfork and Sealver Siliga have the capacity to play in the 3-4, but neither played well against the Dolphins. Siliga looked slowed by the club around his hand, preventing him from grabbing onto his man, and Wilfork missed at least three tackles, including one on the game-icing TD by Knowshon Moreno. Rob Ninkovich, a mainstay in 2013, was taken off the field in nickel packages and was rarely allowed to rush the passer. The Patriots are set up to play a 4-3 defense with a nose and undertackle. A front of Jones, Easley, Wilfork, and Ninkovich with the likes of Zach Moore, Siliga, healthy Chris Jones and (ugh) Vellano would at least allow for some sort of rotation to coalesce. Instead, the Dolphins were able to bully the New England front line and wear them down, sapping their energy for the remainder of the game.

Saw that in the Pats forum so I thought I would post it. Pats aren't doing a good job using the current guys they have. They are trying to force guys into playing 34 when that wouldn't be their strength. Instead of playing the defense that suits your strengths the Pats are trying to force everyone to play 34. It's not a good look, and it's one of the reasons I keep harping on Patricia. I don't know how this guy is a defensive coordinator. I can't remember the last time that guy came up with a great gameplan. He's awful.
Jimmy G is the new Ryan M

Nah Mallet never ever looked good. So at the very least JAG > Mallet.

cajunator

Banned
Also, I found a really cool site about the history of each NFL team and the divisions and such. Its not completely accurate (they got our SB score wrong and also said the Panthers lost in 2003 to the Ravens in the SB) bt it seems to be overall a pretty interesting source of information. Also shows the earlier teams that existed and what they became over time

http://billsportsmaps.com/?category_name=nfl&paged=2

jmdajr

Think of it this way, the Dolphins are responsible for the tipping point of Brady approval in the minds of Patriots fans. Our team has ushered in calls for a new era and the ultimate destruction of Brady. This is a wonderful thing.

Also, new thread needs more of this:

wake3jwdbm.gif

wake4nwcdj.gif

wake5ivfji.gif

moreno1q7cj0.gif

You're right, that made me feel much better! So how do you think we'll do in buffalo?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
PIT @ BAL
MIA @ BUF
JAX @ WAS
DAL @ TEN
AZ @ NYG
NE @ MIN
NO @ CLE
ATL @ CIN
DET @ CAR
STL @ TB
SEA @ SD
HOU @ OAK
NYJ @ GB
KC @ DEN
CHI @ SF
PHI @ IND

dionysus

Yaldog
PIT @ BAL
MIA @ BUF
JAX @ WAS
DAL @ TEN
AZ @ NYG
NE @ MIN
NO @ CLE
ATL @ CIN
DET @ CAR
STL @ TB
SEA @ SD
HOU @ OAK
NYJ @ GB
KC @ DEN
CHI @ SF
PHI @ IND

Great op. Dungy was on with Dan Patrick today and when he was asked if he would take Ray Rice on his team he said absolutely. This is the guy who said he wouldnt take Micheal Sam because he is gay but he would take a guy who knocked his wife and unconscious and didnt even bother to check and see if she was okay afterwards.

You're right, that made me feel much better! So how do you think we'll do in buffalo?
Honestly I have no idea what to expect. Is this Dolphins team for real or is it just another fraudulent team in disguise?

The new o-line will have a much bigger test this week. The winner of that battle will be a huge factor. I'm also worried about the secondary and banged up LB's against the Bills WR's, but hopefully Manuel won't be able to dial it in enough for that to matter.

I really don't know, man. I can see almost any result happening.

Bowser

Hmm. You can still join? How does that work? Week 1 nullified???/

You can still join, you'll just get a bagel for week 1. In the confidence pick 'em, the lowest week is dropped (since it was created late), so your week 1 would be dropped.

Yall are picking the Saints a lot but Im telling you, we're going 0-2 before we even begin to start winning games.

cajun pls.

Let's not do this battered fan stuff, especially considering your opponent and their fanbase.

Tamanon

Banned
Jags might have a shot if Shorts is back. Need someone more dependable providing a safety valve for Henne. Even Marcedes Lewis still drops catchable balls. Feel better about our chances after seeing our defense get after the Eagles. Main thing that hit them second half was how often they had to get back on the field because the offense pitched yet another 3-and-out.

dionysus

Yaldog
Yall are picking the Saints a lot but Im telling you, we're going 0-2 before we even begin to start winning games.

A fan shouldn't doubt. I know the Saints like to play close and play to the level of competition ever since the Haslett days, but I got to believe that despite history we will beat the Browns.

Fox318

Jags might have a shot if Shorts is back. Need someone more dependable providing a safety valve for Henne. Even Marcedes Lewis still drops catchable balls. Feel better about our chances after seeing our defense get after the Eagles. Main thing that hit them second half was how often they had to get back on the field because the offense pitched yet another 3-and-out.

Jags will win this week.

PIT @ BAL - I'll be watching this game on mute
MIA @ BUF
JAX @ WAS
DAL @ TEN
AZ @ NYG
NE @ MIN - LIONS VIKING ALLIANCE
NO @ CLE
ATL @ CIN
DET @ CAR
STL @ TB
SEA @ SD
HOU @ OAK
NYJ @ GB
KC @ DEN
CHI @ SF 0-2 lol
PHI @ IND

Condi for commish.
She's a browns Fan, she'll finally set Gordon free! 10 years of prosperity!
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2014/09/08/condi-rice-the-one-person-who-could-save-the-nfl/
Condoleezza Rice made a startling admission to the New York Times in 2002. The then-national security adviser to President George W. Bush said it was “absolutely right” that she wanted to be commissioner of the National Football League. This was no joke. Rice was serious, but she wanted it to be known that she wouldn’t want to do it “before Paul Tagliabue is ready to step down.”

Fox318

Week 1 Picks
PIT @ BAL
MIA @ BUF
JAX @ WAS
DAL @ TEN
AZ @ NYG
NE @ MIN
NO @ CLE
ATL @ CIN
DET @ CAR
STL @ TB