• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 2 |OT| Thread Title Subject to Change Depending on Public Outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakncoke

Banned
GOOOOOOOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!!!!!

Eat any bugs in the night?

B68MhUu.gif

minx

Ok Destiny has gotten better since reaching level 20.

I will bring picking up Madden soon when I can find a cheap digital code for around $30. How would I join this NFL GAF fantasy league?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Schefter reporting that there is a 75% chance that Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffrey will not play tonight. That game is going to be a blowout.

Trasher

Just went to go make my pick in the survival league.....annnnddd I'm eliminated already apparently because I didn't make a pick before the Thursday night game? Who the fuck is running this shit this year?! How stupid.

Bowser

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 3m
#Panthers coaches do not expect RB DeAngelo Williams (thigh) to play today, I’m told. Good news for Jonathan Stewart fantasy owners.

Welp, time to do your thang J-Stew

Bowser

Fun fact: Stewart hasnt had a 70+ yard game since 1-1-2012 and last 100 yard game was 12-19-2010

Wasn't that the beatdown of the Giants to shut down the old Giant stadium where he had like 200 yards or something like that?

Anyway, sounds like Cam is a full go:

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Newton will have no limitations on Sunday as he returns from a rib fracture that kept him out of the Week One win over the Buccaneers.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/14/no-limitations-for-cam-newton/

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
My condolences Vikings GAF

Jerry Jones must the most insane boner hoping Peterson gets released

RBH

Rams will test QB Shaun Hill's shoulder in per-game warmups, but team is preparing as if QB Austin Davis will start today vs. Tampa.

Browns TE Jordan Cameron not expected to play vs Saints due to a shoulder injury, per league source.

Major questions about Bears WRs, Marshall and Jeffery. One source said "75 percent" sure neither plays tonight. Bears signed two PS WRs Sat.

AZ not sure about Carson Palmer (shoulder), who has not thrown a pass since Mon. One source said "50-50 at best" that Palmer plays vs NYG.

Cardinals RB Andre Ellington, listed as questionable with foot injury, is expected to play, per source.
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter

Happy Football Sunday

giphy.gif

Wasn't that the beatdown of the Giants to shut down the old Giant stadium where he had like 200 yards or something like that?

Anyway, sounds like Cam is a full go:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/14/no-limitations-for-cam-newton/

That game provided us with one of my favorite plays of 89's career.

Matt Moore throws a bullet into double coverage, Smitty takes a hit and breaks his arm, but holds onto the ball and takes it in for a TD

That was a great day. They got us back in the New Meadowlands (now known as Metlife) opener though

On a more serious note, Jerry Richardson trying to rally owner support for Goodell

JR's increasingly looking like he's going to be on the wrong side of history on this one. Him crying about domestic violence and then turning around and letting Hardy play and now throwing full support behind the commissioner who apparently turned a blind eye to domestic violence isn't a good look.

As if his actions before and during the lockout didn't already make him look like a ornery old bastard.

Ok Destiny has gotten better since reaching level 20.

I will bring picking up Madden soon when I can find a cheap digital code for around $30. How would I join this NFL GAF fantasy league?

It's just a league with some of my mates but NFL-GAF bros are welcome to join as always. Gimme a shout when you get Madden and I will drop you an invite

Schefter reporting that there is a 75% chance that Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffrey will not play tonight. That game is going to be a blowout.
They've decided they'd rather play for Bread, can't say that I blame them.

RBH

The Browns expect to get first-round pick Johnny Manziel on the field this week to provide some different looks as the club deals with a shortage of offensive talent.

With Josh Gordon still suspended, top tight end Jordan Cameron injured and starting running back Ben Tate out as well, offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan is very likely to deploy packages for Manziel.

The Browns feel the need to be creative and throw different looks at the Saints given the limitations of their offensive personnel, and have been working on read-option plays for Manziel all offseason. Expect to see those plays in a regular season game for the first time today, at least for a few snaps.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...l-expected-to-be-a-factor-in-week-2-vs-saints

Paging Pats-GAF,Packers-GAF,Saints-GAF (cajunator), Colts-GAF, Chiefs-GAF, and Chargers-GAF

ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo 2m
Chance to Reach Playoffs By W-L Through 2 Games - Since 1990
2-0 63%
1-1 41%
0-2 12%

HylianTom

Banned
Paging Pats-GAF,Packers-GAF,Saints-GAF (cajunator), Colts-GAF, Chiefs-GAF, and Chargers-GAF

ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo 2m
Chance to Reach Playoffs By W-L Through 2 Games - Since 1990
2-0 63%
1-1 41%
0-2 12%
I've had that stat in the back of my mind all week. We really can't drop this one, but it's on the road, so nothing would surprise me..

Talon

Berman continues to suck on the teat of the NFL. But at least they're talking about it.

NFL Network ain't mentioned shit all day, as expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom