• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 2 |OT| Thread Title Subject to Change Depending on Public Outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
No Jordan Cameron?

Oh nooo.

Also sadness and happiness, looks like I'll be able to watch the full game today. My team forfeited, we don't have enough guys. :(

Paging Pats-GAF,Packers-GAF,Saints-GAF (cajunator), Colts-GAF, Chiefs-GAF, and Chargers-GAF

ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo 2m
Chance to Reach Playoffs By W-L Through 2 Games - Since 1990
2-0 63%
1-1 41%
0-2 12%

You forgot Rams-GAF, I will assume you just woke up and are feeling groggy so I forgive your error.

brentech

What's odd is Lacy said how much better things were this concussion. Could remember more, less symptoms, etc.

Maybe it's because Chancellor isn't a thug like Merriweather but I dunno, seems like the helmet could've had something to do with it.

Yea. Unless the helmet is extremely uncomfortable, I don't understand why you just wouldn't use it.

Fox318

This whole week has been crazy mostly because all of the people hired by each network couldn't be any less equipped to talk about issues like this.

effzee

Funny how out of all those people, Ditka's take sounded the dumbest.

Cris Carter really lit Peterson up.

Mort said a decision could come tomorrow. I am assuming he means in regards to the Vikings and Peterson. Would be a huge statement if they suspend him for 6 games.

Is Lacy ready to play today?

Talon

Bengals and Falcons will be close. Cant decide. Titans and Cowboys another toss up.
I did a write-up previewing the game.
The parallels between the Bengals and the Falcons run deep.

Both franchises’ histories are mired in mediocrity with a recent uptick in success, at least in the regular season. Both teams feature steady, long-term head coaches who could be confused for used cars salesmen who win consistently at home, as the Bengals went undefeated at home last season. Both teams feature QBs that have led high scoring offenses to regular season success with minor postseason success. More recently, each team drafted a WR in the first six picks of the 2011 NFL draft - A.J. Green and Julio Jones - who have taken the league by storm.

Let's look at the matchups.

Gabe Carimi and Lamar Holmes vs. Bengals Pass Rush

With Jake Matthews out due to a high ankle sprain incurred in the first half of last week, we’ll see Carimi taking the field yet again. Last week, the two held up fine enough, although we saw Carimi getting pushed into the pocket pretty frequently and Holmes got help with chips from tight end Levine Toilolo and the backfield all game long. Matt Ryan's excellent movement inside and outside of the pocket hid a lot of the duo's struggles.

The Bengals don’t have a Von Miller type, but they have a strong rotation of pass rushers between defensive ends Carlos Dunlap, Wallace Gilberry, and Robert Geathers. Dunlap’s been stuck around the 7 sack mark for a few years, but it seems like he may be ready to take the next step.

The wild card here is Vontaze Burfict who also is dealing with an injury. You may remember Burfict as the freak athlete that played for Arizona State that loved getting flagged for late hits. He went undrafted and has fully turned his career around, and he’s a threat to blitz - either behind Geno Atkins or around the edge.

Hopefully we’ll see lots of Jacquizz Rodgers, Devonta Freeman and Antone Smith on draws.

More

This is unrelated, but let me take a moment right now to laugh at all of the clowns who get so mad over Floyd Mayweather fights yet pay top dollar to watch every single PPV he's on.

Hate the man yet continue to line his pockets

Floyd-Mayweather-Laughing.jpg

RBH

On a more serious note, Jerry Richardson trying to rally owner support for Goodell

JR's increasingly looking like he's going to be on the wrong side of history on this one. Him crying about domestic violence and then turning around and letting Hardy play and now throwing full support behind the commissioner who apparently turned a blind eye to domestic violence isn't a good look.

As if his actions before and during the lockout didn't already make him look like a ornery old bastard.
Roger+Goodell+Jerry+Richardson+oIm_LQGrhgPm.jpg

Fuck all 3 of these guys.

Fox318

On a more serious note, Jerry Richardson trying to rally owner support for Goodell

JR's increasingly looking like he's going to be on the wrong side of history on this one. Him crying about domestic violence and then turning around and letting Hardy play and now throwing full support behind the commissioner who apparently turned a blind eye to domestic violence isn't a good look.

As if his actions before and during the lockout didn't already make him look like a ornery old bastard.

Jerry Richardson is such a fucking crazy asshole.

Talon

This third guy's spitting some truth.

"What'd you expect the video to look like? This is a common sense issue. What are we debating here? Are there levels of domestic violence? This is so ridiculous."

Talon

I like that ESPN needs a second desk of respectable journalists helmed by Bob Ley to offset the main set of personalities.

Also, I'm pretty sure Mike Ditka would say something crazy if he was given the time.

effzee

I like that ESPN needs a second desk of respectable journalists helmed by Bob Ley to offset the main set of personalities.

Also, I'm pretty sure Mike Ditka would say something crazy if he was given the time.

Ditka alreay did. When earlier talking about the AP story he just said "I used to get beat and it made me a better man". A lot of the other guys said the same but then all added "BUT its not right" or "BUT never to the extreme AP when to..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom