• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 2 |OT| Thread Title Subject to Change Depending on Public Outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.
welp.... at least the seahawks lost too!

i for one welcome our new cardinal overlords!

163.gif

I will pretend you're 100 percent serious and remember this forever

Cardinals win on the road with backup QB, Niners AND Seahawks lose to opponents they should have beat (and one that we were able to beat ourselves)...Amazing week of Football? Amazing week of Football!

I'm just bummed that we'll end up having to use Stanton again for the Niner game as I was really looking forward to this game as an early barometer. What I can say for Stanton is that he takes care of the ball but still doesn't hesitate to take shots down the field when a play calls for it and he has Arians' system down. He just doesn't have a lot of chemistry built up with most of our receiving core and if he's to start another game, he needs to build that up with Floyd ASAP so they can connect on those big plays.

People can laugh all they want but god what we would accomplish and how scary we'd be if our team was healthy. I'm really proud of this defensive unit for what they're accomplishing while so depleted. Our young guys are taking the next man up to heart and I look forward to seeing how far we can go and that we'll only be better in the future when we get some of these guys back.

For this week, bow to your new NFC Best Overlords! Time to go to bed a relaxed and happy football fan.

Milchjon

Still waiting for Vilam to make his regular, not at all dependent on victories, appearance in this thread and give some well-founded insight on his team's performance.

Skele7on

Banned
Restore the Roar 2014.

Jesus what even happened last night?

I was watching and just thinking shit did Jim come back? Why is Jim back?

I saw absolutely nothing positive last night, which made me really sad.

As for all the missed Field goals... Akers all is forgiven come back.

This whole weekend of games have been WTF really.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I appreciate Carolina allowing Fatford to throw for almost 300 yards. Wouldn't want kas to lose his swagger.

Morning Bros.

Can anyone recommend some good podcasts? Preferably football related, but general ones would be good too.

Beyond the usual suspects, I generally just listen to Steeler Nation radio on IHeart during the season. It's hard listening to any call in segments, though. The ignorance runs deep.

jakncoke

Banned
I appreciate Carolina allowing Fatford to throw for almost 300 yards. Wouldn't want kas to lose his swagger.

Beyond the usual suspects, I generally just listen to Steeler Nation radio on IHeart during the season. It's hard listening to any call in segments, though. The ignorance runs deep.

Im pretty sure there might by a filter on smart people on team based call in for every team in every sport.

jakncoke

Banned
I hate the internet sometimes, Looking at some propane heaters to heat up a room that gets cold in the winter, Cant find any stats on how long canisters last ffs.

Milchjon

I hate the internet sometimes, Looking at some propane heaters to heat up a room that gets cold in the winter, Cant find any stats on how long canisters last ffs.

This sounds dangerous.

Welcome back!! How's school going man

Dunno. Finished the first 3 tests among the best in my class, don't have the result for the last 3 but probably failed at least 2 of them.

Win some, lose some. Shit's hard.

jakncoke

Banned
This sounds dangerous.

Dunno. Finished the first 3 tests among the best in my class, don't have the result for the last 3 but probably failed at least 2 of them.

Win some, lose some. Shit's hard.

The models I was looking at have auto shut off features if tipped over over and probably wouldnt get hot enough to worry about anything else. Its not a big area so im sure low to med setting can keep it the same temp as the rest of the house even when its -15/20 f out

Around the NFL podcast.
Hardcore History

I'm listening to America's Test Kitchen these days.

They're so nice and soothing!

And I'm sure that's exactly what you're looking for.

It is! Keep em coming!

Bowser

It is! Keep em coming!

There are quite a few good NFL podcasts: Around the NFL, Move the Sticks, Grantland NFL Podcast, and Advanced Football Analytics are some of my faves. For general sports/basketball, I like Simmons' B.S. Report and Zach Lowe's The Lowe Post. And for just general stuff, really enjoy the Stuff You Should Know podcast.

Still waiting for Vilam to make his regular, not at all dependent on victories, appearance in this thread and give some well-founded insight on his team's performance.
:jnc

That game was so depressing. Knowshon out 4-8 weeks, special teams gave up a blocked punt, muffed punt, two shanked punts, and a kickoff return TD... On top of that Tannehill showing that he hasn't developed at all and probably isn't the answer at QB for the Dolphins. Plus the new o-line getting wrecked... Ugh.

I blame Vilam.

jakncoke

Banned
I find it funny that Patriots fanbase think Brady is immune to aging. He is 37 for christ sakes. Its obvious age is catching up to him with him making less and less the throws he used to. The only question is how long till he is completely washed up and and how much longer he plays.

Wrayfield

:jnc

That game was so depressing. Knowshon out 4-8 weeks, special teams gave up a blocked punt, muffed punt, two shanked punts, and a kickoff return TD... On top of that Tannehill showing that he hasn't developed at all and probably isn't the answer at QB for the Dolphins. Plus the new o-line getting wrecked... Ugh.

I blame Vilam.

Same old Dolphins, brother. I drink to forget.

Same old Dolphins, brother. I drink to forget.
Hard to blame you. What do you think about Tannehill? I think I'm giving up on him. It looks to me like his ceiling is a decent passing QB with accuracy issues and bad pocket awareness. I kept thinking he would eventually get better at using his legs to make plays but it's just not happening.

I'm done making excuses for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom