• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 2 |OT| Thread Title Subject to Change Depending on Public Outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm really curious to see what happened on that big play that led to the game winning field goal in Cleveland.

Benjamin was wide open, what happened that allowed this to happen.

jakncoke

Banned
Hard to blame you. What do you think about Tannehill? I think I'm giving up on him. It looks to me like his ceiling is a decent passing QB with accuracy issues and bad pocket awareness. I kept thinking he would eventually get better at using his legs to make plays but it's just not happening.

I'm done making excuses for him.

Does he always suck at deep ball btw? Yesterday I noticed Wallace and Hartline had a few plays down the field that would of been sure tds or at least big gainers if they were led properly but he underthrowned and the defenders were able to recover and deflect

Spades

Uch, well yesterday sucked about as much as a Sunday could suck. But at least I had something to smile about in the post this morning:

tumblr_nby0nwfmms1qiv7luo1_500.jpg

We can beat the Raiders, right?

Does he always suck at deep ball btw? Yesterday I noticed Wallace and Hartline had a few plays down the field that would of been sure tds or at least big gainers if they were led properly but he underthrowned and the defenders were able to recover and deflect
Yes, he has struggled with deep ball accuracy his entire career and it became a lot more obvious when Wallace came to town. I cannot tell you how many times I've seen Wallace slow down for an underthrown bomb. All offseason they talked about working on it and Tannehill improving but it just isn't happening. He leaves so many big plays on the field, it's getting really old.

Wrayfield

Hard to blame you. What do you think about Tannehill? I think I'm giving up on him. It looks to me like his ceiling is a decent passing QB with accuracy issues and bad pocket awareness. I kept thinking he would eventually get better at using his legs to make plays but it's just not happening.

I'm done making excuses for him.

I really think pretty much the same as after game 1 (remember I wasn't as hyped about the W). Inaccurate on way too many throws, and at some point (you're in year 3 dammit) you'd want a QB who can put up some yards and points even without a running game. Not quite giving up, it's still early in the season so I want him to show what he's got for 16 games (if he survives that). Then we do what we always do, evaluate and maybe a different coach? Maybe draft someone, I dunno.

It's hardly just on him but you know, I see other teams constantly at least marching forward and then I think, when was the last time we could consistently do that? That was maybe like one Ricky Williams season ages ago. It's frustrating, I'll just take it week by week and hope we can spoil it for some teams here and there. Also, I liked Moreno in week 1 but since when is he a savior for our team? He brought a spark and all but fuck me, there are 10 other guys and someone needs to step up.

D was keeping us in the game but at some point you get tired or make mistakes and give up touchdowns, and don't get me started on special teams. They put the emphasis on "special" again.

Good morning friends, what a wonderful victory Monday.
I'm really curious to see what happened on that big play that led to the game winning field goal in Cleveland.

Benjamin was wide open, what happened that allowed this to happen.
Maybe you're talking about something else, but it was Hawkins that caught the floater for the game winning field goal

eznark

Banned
:jnc

That game was so depressing. Knowshon out 4-8 weeks, special teams gave up a blocked punt, muffed punt, two shanked punts, and a kickoff return TD... On top of that Tannehill showing that he hasn't developed at all and probably isn't the answer at QB for the Dolphins. Plus the new o-line getting wrecked... Ugh.

I blame Vilam.

0.jpg

I've made Tannehill this much better.

ShaneB

Sigh. Monday. Time to slog through work and pray it goes by fast. At least it's an exciting Monday night game to look forward to.

Sad the Chiefs lost, but expected as much, and it was a close game, so just moving on from that an looking at next week against the Dolphins.

I'm always looking for more football podcasts as well. Just wish more had a group dynamic like Around the NFL or Dameshek's. Everything just feels so flat when it's just two guys back and forth. I mean I like the Grantland one a bit, good analysis, but it just lacks that extra bit of "fun"

sigh in general. =/

eznark

Banned
I feel good about the Jets.

They played tough until the end against a team that everybody thought would beat them.

Same old Jets offense though. Woof. Did they have 100 yards in the 2nd half? Mornhingweg does a nice job of protecting Geno with the limited routes, easy check downs and some really great play action (Geno's best ability is selling that fake, no small thing) but Jesus he manages to miss some simple throws and his unwillingness to try and fit the ball into coverage showed up often. He was behind a lot of guys, struggled to complete passes in traffic and generally lived in zones. I can't imagine the Jets ever able to move the football against a team with competent linebackers that can actually play man up on tight ends. Geno did a nice job finding holes in zones over the middle early but sheesh. As soon as the Packers stopped trying to get cute that offense was finished.

Also, are they not a "defense first" team anymore? You're happy giving up 31 points? That seems kinda crazy. The Jets had one good quarter followed by three quarters of awful.

Fox318

I can't be mad at Mornhingweg really. He wanted to call time out because of where Geno had the RBs pre-snap. He was asking rex to call time but then decided against it. Sheldon Richardson was trying to be a good team mate and called the time out. He was trying to do the right thing but you know what they made the conversion after that.

Brian Winters needs to play better. Jets were trying to run through the tackles and he wasn't doing any good. Also do the Giants want a pick for Weatherford? I miss him.

Our own defensive end called a time out to ice our own offence.

If that isn't Jet football I don't know what is.

eznark

Banned
2012 the worst top 5 in the history of the NFL draft? Luck is the only guy who will be a starting football player at the end of this season, a mere two years after the draft.

Luck - Obvious exception, plays the game the white way.
irg3 - done
Matt Kalil - holy shit the sooner he is done the better, trainwreck city
Trent Richardson - ya
Justin Blackmon - c'mon son

*This post inspired by Matt Kalil's absolutely pathetic performance in yesterday's humiliation of the Vikings.

Once again, another Shitty weekend for Atlanta sports.

Falcons get bounced out of Cincinnati.
Dawgs lose (again) in South Carolina, drop to 13th in polls.
Braves get swept by the fucking Texas Rangers.
Tech needs a last second TD to beat Georgia Southern.

Talk radio is a sad and hilarious shit show.

bionic77

Same old Jets offense though. Woof. Did they have 100 yards in the 2nd half? Mornhingweg does a nice job of protecting Geno with the limited routes, easy check downs and some really great play action (Geno's best ability is selling that fake, no small thing) but Jesus he manages to miss some simple throws and his unwillingness to try and fit the ball into coverage showed up often. He was behind a lot of guys, struggled to complete passes in traffic and generally lived in zones. I can't imagine the Jets ever able to move the football against a team with competent linebackers that can actually play man up on tight ends. Geno did a nice job finding holes in zones over the middle early but sheesh. As soon as the Packers stopped trying to get cute that offense was finished.

Also, are they not a "defense first" team anymore? You're happy giving up 31 points? That seems kinda crazy. The Jets had one good quarter followed by three quarters of awful.[
That describes the Steelers season so far. Except it was just one good quarter followed by 7 quarters of garbage. 1 good for 3 bad quarters sounds like a great deal to me!

Good morning friends, what a wonderful victory Monday.
Congrats AFC North brother.

In the likely event that the Steelers are out of the playoffs by October please try and win this division. All of Steelers nation will be behind you. No one wants to see your evil twin franchise in Baltimore or your retarded cousin in Cincy win this division again.

The blood is in the water. All you have to do is take what is rightfully yours!

Tom Penny

2012 the worst top 5 in the history of the NFL draft? Luck is the only guy who will be a starting football player at the end of this season, a mere two years after the draft.

Luck - Obvious exception, plays the game the white way.
irg3 - done

You racist.

Fox318

Wow that's amazing, didn't realize that. I'm legitimately surprised that isn't a penalty on the Jets bench.

Ref knows the head coaches voice and he is right next to him.

Refs fucked up and all the media wants to talk about is "Lol lets make another buttfumble nickname like the illegal time out"

• Geno missed a few passes
  • Winters didn't play a great game
  • Kyle Wilson can not be left to press coverage.
  • Ryan Quigley had a horrible game punting

That's really it. Rodgers is so fucking great to watch at the start of a play. He has the team set and is so good at getting false starts. Maybe Geno will be there some day but its so fucking annoying to watch.

eznark

Banned
If the ref doesn't blow the whistle but instead turns to see who is trying to call the timeout the playclock expires and you are crying about the officials not giving you the timeout.

You're weepier than a woman walking through a crowd of Jets fans.

He dominated that Pop Warner secondary.

Close game, running for 3.8 ypc, throw 50 times.

Ok Lions.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If the ref doesn't blow the whistle but instead turns to see who is trying to call the timeout the playclock expires and you are crying about the officials not giving you the timeout.

Ok Lions.

Preaching to the choir.

gutshot

Given the rash of injuries to star players yesterday, I'm really nervous about tonight's game. We just need to get through it healthy. A win would be a bonus.

methodman

Banned
This is the real Kap. One read, when it's good, it's good, but when it's bad it's fucking horrendous. He's not a clutch performer and the Kap to Crabs connection is the least clutch duo info NFL history.

Our next four games
Green Bay
at NY Jets
Buffalo
at Minnessota

Games we should win now letg's see if we can win them. At least next game we won't be going against a good D-line so our run game should be good.

Fox318

Ok Lions.

He got the play off. Also if the official realized that he made a mistake he should have given the Jets their time out back.
Our next four games
Green Bay
at NY Jets
Buffalo
at Minnessota

Games we should win now letg's see if we can win them. At least next game we won't be going against a good D-line so our run game should be good.

should win

Green Bay
at NY Jets
Buffalo

lol ok

eznark

Banned
If they would have been trying to call a time out he wouldn't have gotten the play off.

Agree about the time out though, if the refs thought they made a mistake. Far as I'm concerned that should be treated like throwing a challenge flag you don't have. It's a delay of game.
Patriots biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch

Key to beating the Patriots is force Tom Brady to throw the football.

Patriots going to run 60 times and win by 400 against the Packers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom