• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 2 |OT| Thread Title Subject to Change Depending on Public Outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Except the fucking bills who are inexplicably 2-0. I still don't understand that one.

Didn't the Bills start out 4-0 a few seasons ago before collapsing? I remember something about "circle the wagons" or whatever.

Edit: in 2011 started 3-0 and went as far as 5-2 before finishing 6-10.

That's Detroit level sucking.

rando14

Didn't the Bills start out 4-0 a few seasons ago before collapsing? I remember something about "circle the wagons" or whatever.

Edit: in 2011 started 3-0 and went as far as 5-2 before finishing 6-10.

That's Detroit level sucking.

Or 2012 when the Cardinals started out 4-0 and ended up 5-11 :jnc

gutshot

Luck has never lost back to back games, and I definitely dont expect it to happen at home on MNF. No injuries is the biggest thing for me.

Yeah, this isn't a must-win game by any means. Most everyone penciled in an L here when the schedule came out. I would like to see the Eagles play well of course (especially looking for a bounce-back performance from Foles), but won't be too mad if they lose a close one.

Or 2012 when the Cardinals started out 4-0 and ended up 5-11 :jnc

Also known as the Kevin Kolb Era.

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
CARDINALS

FIRST PLACE NFC WEST

ALL THAT MATTERS

BILLS FIRST PLACE AFC EAST

Tom Penny

Football doesn't even start to after Thanksgiving. Prior to that the record helps but it doesn't show what a team is. At that point you generally are what you are barring injuries of course.

LJ11

Is Marrone doing a great job coaching? It is funny that all the networks were falling over themselves saying he would be the first coach fired for sure and now they are 2-0. I love it when stuff like that happens.

He can still be the first coach fired, plenty of games to lose, just like wienke pointed out.

Not sure if it's Marrone doing anything in particular, some better playcalling at times, but EJ is making just enough plays. Run game hasn't been that consistent, still don't get Spiller in space with the ball, and the screen game is still rancid, but hey we're 2-0, lol.

Football doesn't even start to after Thanksgiving. Prior to that the record helps but it doesn't show what a team is. At that point you generally are what you are barring injuries of course.

I still can't believe the Lions finally won a Thanksgiving game last year and it wound up being the last game they won that year

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
How dare you point out my flaws!! :(

Someone has to do it, otherwise everyone will just think you're the perfect human aka Tim Tebow!

What the fuck is jnc and why is everyone doing it

I need to learn the lore.

image.php

LJ11

Oh, and the Bills ST have been fucking ace the last two games, this rookie punter is doing good work. Our ST teams were atrocious last season.

EJ hasn't played like complete dog shit, they've got WRs, they have running backs, lack LBs due to injuries, and have an above average DL. Big + so far is Seantrel Henderson, dude locked it the fuck down yesterday. If he keeps getting better, and the interior OL holds up, EJ will at least have an OL protecting his back, Glenn is one of the best LT in the league. Roster isn't garbage.
I'd feel pretty good if I was a Bills fan. It seems like they're heading in the right direction. Honestly the biggest issue I see long term is EJ, I just don't know if he's ever going to get good enough to take your team the distance. There is a lot of talent on the roster around him, though.

If the Dolphins continue to do what they do I'll be pulling for Buffalo to win the East.

gutshot

Bill Barnwell defending Eli Manning again. Saying he played "great" yesterday. What is with this guy and his love affair for Eli?

Zeke

You nfc east bros are lucky Sean Lee is made of glass. Him and McClain would be wrecking offenses. I can't wait for the lambs game Murray is gonna go HAM on that defense. Barring some crazy ass run game by shady tonight Murray is gonna be the league's leading rusher.

You nfc east bros are lucky Sean Lee is made of glass. Him and McClain would be wrecking offenses. I can't wait for the lambs game Murray is gonna go HAM on that defense. Barring some crazy ass run game by shady tonight Murray is gonna be the league's leading rusher.

My god you sound like kas right now, you do realize you are talking about the Cowboys, right? I dont understand how you can be excited about a teams whose ceiling is absolutely 8-8. Even if Lee where healthy that would fix the terrible secondary, plus we all know at some point the coaches will get bored of running the ball well and will decide to unleash the Romo.

ShaneB

Man I was totally bought in on the Fins. Yesterday was so bad. It sucks but if they have a high pick next year I bet they target a QB.

Next week is against the Chiefs. And just as easily the Dolphins could look like a solid team all over again. Moreno being hurt is a major blow however I imagine.

Bill Barnwell defending Eli Manning again. Saying he played "great" yesterday. What is with this guy and his love affair for Eli?

I mean at the least, yesterday wasn't completely on him even with 2 INTs (that first one though Jesus). Oline for once gave him time in the pocket to find the only dude who wanted to catch: Larry Donnell. "Great" for Eli nowadays is average for other QBs.

I already know we're in for a long season but I'm seriously tired of this team moping around when shit doesn't go their way. Fans get angrier and fired up than they do.

Goddamn Watt will set sack records next week though.

ShaneB

I hope so. I was so excited after week one but man that was rough yesterday.

Both weeks have been completely up and down. I don't think anyone can feel like their team is a complete powerhouse at this moment. League parity really coming to light when things are so confusing.

bionic77

Has this been posted? Even if it has, it's still awesome,
I hope Cam is fucked up.

Otherwise the Panthers are going to fuck up our shit for 60 minutes.

I am tired of seeing Polomalu and everyone on the defense not named Timmons miss open field tackle after open field tackle.

Zeke

My god you sound like kas right now, you do realize you are talking about the Cowboys, right? I dont understand how you can be excited about a teams whose ceiling is absolutely 8-8. Even if Lee where healthy that would fix the terrible secondary, plus we all know at some point the coaches will get bored of running the ball well and will decide to unleash the Romo.
Eagles are the only competition in the east (Fuck the skins) and the run game looks sexy right now so I feel good. Romo not romoing us last week would have put them at 2-0. The defense hasn't looked as bad as I thought it would so far at least. Our secondary has been shit for what seems like forever now. Plus I told myself I wouldn't be mad this season since the spurs chipped and sent bron bron back home to Cleveland.

Wrayfield

I hope Cam is fucked up.

Otherwise the Panthers are going to fuck up our shit for 60 minutes.

I am tired of seeing Polomalu and everyone on the defense not named Timmons miss open field tackle after open field tackle.

Shazier needs more experience then he will be good, I feel.

Eagles are the only competition in the east (Fuck the skins) and the run game looks sexy right now so I feel good. Romo not romoing us last week would have put them at 2-0. The defense hasn't looked as bad as I thought it would so far at least. Our secondary has been shit for what seems like forever now. Plus I told myself I wouldn't be mad this season since the spurs chipped and sent bron bron back home to Cleveland.

Dude Cousins looked great yesterday, I am worried about the Skins now. I dont think RGIII was a good fit for that offense at all, but Cousins looked right at home. The only question is how long will DJax be out, but the Skins have a crazy amount of weapons once he gets back, plus their D looked really good also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom