• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 2 |OT| Thread Title Subject to Change Depending on Public Outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.

harSon

Banned
866198780.gif

$6M/yr

Ben's fault /deacon

eznark

Banned
So the ADA in the Peterson case is saying there were not two grand juries.

Seems like something that is pretty easy to verify, no?

eznark

Banned
Aaron Schatz: Points to Mike Pereira for pointing out that this has happened before... and last time the assistant who called timeout and blew the game for his team was Rex Ryan, when he was defensive coordinator of the Ravens against the undefeated Patriots in a Monday Night Football game in 2007.

TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif

From Vikings.com

Vikings said:
Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson will fully participate in this week’s practices and meetings and is expected to play this Sunday in New Orleans.
The following statement is from Vikings Owners Zygi Wilf and Mark Wilf:

Today’s decision was made after significant thought, discussion and consideration. As evidenced by our decision to deactivate Adrian from yesterday’s game, this is clearly a very important issue. On Friday, we felt it was in the best interests of the organization to step back, evaluate the situation, and not rush to judgment given the seriousness of this matter. At that time, we made the decision that we felt was best for the Vikings and all parties involved.

To be clear, we take very seriously any matter that involves the welfare of a child. At this time, however, we believe this is a matter of due process and we should allow the legal system to proceed so we can come to the most effective conclusions and then determine the appropriate course of action. This is a difficult path to navigate, and our focus is on doing the right thing. Currently we believe we are at a juncture where the most appropriate next step is to allow the judicial process to move forward.

We will continue to monitor the situation closely and support Adrian’s fulfillment of his legal responsibilities throughout this process.

What was the point of suspending him then? Same goes for the Panthers, I heard Ron say that Hardy would be back thi9s year. Makes no fucking sense at all.

bionic77

Ben's fault /deacon
Ben should have recognized Gilberts shittiness pre-snap, called an audible which magically gets players opens at the LOS, and thrown a TD on a 1.5 step drop. Its basic football guys!

I did notice that Ben was a little scored during that game. Not a great sign when your qb doesn't have confidence in the line. Probably that dirty hit that nearly killed him got him shook up.

Other states send their hot women to Miss pageants. New England sends them to college.

Obviously I'm an expert on NE, having spent all my life there.
Most of those girls are pretty well educated.

Judges for Miss America just don't give a lot of points to ugly cunts. You can blame the judging system if you want but don't make lame excuses.

Miami resigned Daniel Thomas..............LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

I know it's been only two games, but if we're not above .500 by the 8th game, I'd say put Moore in.
I don't think putting Moore in is ever the right move. He's a career backup and a known quantity, the team is going no where with him even if he plays a little better than Tannehill. I say give Tannenill one more 16 game season to make a final judgment on him, no matter how ugly things get (hopefully ugly enough for a high draft pick).

Crisco

Banned
Rivera said he expects Hardy to play sometime this year too. I don't get it, are they literally trying to wait this out for the media attention to die then go back to playing these dudes like nothing happened? That's just not going to happen this year. Vikings can do what they want, but the Panthers should just move on from Hardy.

eznark

Banned
Peterson already admitted to literally everything he is accused of? What exactly is left to be settled from the teams viewpoint?

Either they support and enable the abuse of children or they don't. Weird choice.

bionic77

Vikings officially endorsing child abuse. AP returning to the team and will play Sunday.
If he beat his kid for something minor before think of what he would do to him for making him miss the season and losing out in 10 million dollars?

Vikings are being smart here. Doing what is best for the kid. It is just a coincidence that he happens to be my fantasy RB...

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Basically: our team sucks without him and money is more important.

I don't see what need you have for a trial, didn't AP confess to doing it and we have pictures? I'm sure he's dumb enough to fight it now but it's pretty much in the bag unless a jury or court looks at those pictures and decides that that is a reasonable amount of punishment for a four year old.

Greg

Peterson already admitted to literally everything he is accused of? What exactly is left to be settled from the teams viewpoint?

Either they support and enable the abuse of children or they don't. Weird choice.
the decision was made after significant thought, discussion and consideration, so it's OK

I don't see what need you have for a trial, didn't AP confess to doing it and we have pictures? I'm sure he's dumb enough to fight it now but it's pretty much in the bag unless a jury or court looks at those pictures and decides that that is a reasonable amount of punishment for a four year old.

It is Texas...

I don't think putting Moore in is ever the right move. He's a career backup and a known quantity, the team is going no where with him even if he plays a little better than Tannehill. I say give Tannenill one more 16 game season to make a final judgment on him, no matter how ugly things get (hopefully ugly enough for a high draft pick).

Moore went 6-3 when Henne was injured. Doesn't hurt, as my post implied that I don't want to see Tannehill back for another season.

You guys are forgetting that Dan Snyder is deeply in love with RG3 and Kirk Cousins has looked good as a replacement before but then not so special as a starter. It would take Cousins having a Kurt Warner in '99 type season to convince Snyder and the Skins to ditch Bob.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Unbelievable. Just unbelievable.

That Peterson news...ugh.

It's assumed that he and his lawyer will try to have the pics withheld as evidence in the trial, and that he'll say he was just disciplining and not abusing.

Crisco

Banned

Tony Dungy was on the Dan Patrick show this morning. He basically admitted to beating his own kids with objects, sometimes leaving marks, and endorsed it as a better form of discipline than using your hands. He was totally in AP's corner, saying pictures don't tell the whole story and we should wait for the courts to decide if it was "discipline" or "abuse".

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
the decision was made after significant thought, discussion and consideration, so it's OK

I :jnc'd

If he beat his kid for something minor before think of what he would do to him for making him miss the season and losing out in 10 million dollars?

Vikings are being smart here. Doing what is best for the kid. It is just a coincidence that he happens to be my fantasy RB...

Bionic with the lawyer speak as always!

I'm sure you'd argue that he fell into a thorn bush with barbed wire in it and that the pictures aren't related

eznark

Banned
Ziggy Wilf is going to hear the name Chris Cook way more than he ever wanted to in the coming week.

Tony Dungy was on the Dan Patrick show this morning. He basically admitted to beating his own kids with objects, sometimes leaving marks, and endorsed it as a better form of discipline than using your hands. He was totally in AP's corner, saying pictures don't tell the whole story and we should wait for the courts to decide if it was "discipline" or "abuse".

...and?

Tony Dungy is a piece of human shit.

And what Peterson did is worse than what Rice did. If Goodell doesn't step in here he is a bigger joke than I thought.

gutshot

Tony Dungy is the worst.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Tony Dungy giving parenting advice?

Syrinx

Why am I not the least bit surprised?

Tom Penny

I think I'm going to have heart attack. Made bacon then homefries in the bacon fat with a couple of eggs over medium. Hopefully my healthy smoothie evened it out.

manfestival

My hope for the bucs is dwindling. I dont understand how we bring on jeff tedford and do not use him. Clearly the guy calling the plays is awful but come on

Fox318

You guys are forgetting that Dan Snyder is deeply in love with RG3 and Kirk Cousins has looked good as a replacement before but then not so special as a starter. It would take Cousins having a Kurt Warner in '99 type season to convince Snyder and the Skins to ditch Bob.

Why doesn't Washington just trade Cousins for a pick?

Rams would be all over him.

Why doesn't Washington just trade Cousins for a pick?

Rams would be all over him.

It wouldn't be a very high pick. Cousins hasn't done much to show any sort of value around the league. If he plays this whole season he will be able to do just that but he will have to play really well.

bionic77

I :jnc'd

Bionic with the lawyer speak as always!

I'm sure you'd argue that he fell into a thorn bush with barbed wire in it and that the pictures aren't related
Obviously AP is a piece of shit, but I feel he needs to play for the sake of child safety.

Syrinx

My hypothesis with Tedford right now is that he simply does not trust Josh McCown and that was reflected in his play-calling, particularly on third down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom