• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 2 |OT| Thread Title Subject to Change Depending on Public Outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crisco

Banned
I hope Cam is fucked up.

Otherwise the Panthers are going to fuck up our shit for 60 minutes.

I am tired of seeing Polomalu and everyone on the defense not named Timmons miss open field tackle after open field tackle.

Such disrespect shown to Derek Anderson.

Why is Gata always so angry?
That describes the Steelers season so far. Except it was just one good quarter followed by 7 quarters of garbage. 1 good for 3 bad quarters sounds like a great deal to me!

Congrats AFC North brother.

In the likely event that the Steelers are out of the playoffs by October please try and win this division. All of Steelers nation will be behind you. No one wants to see your evil twin franchise in Baltimore or your retarded cousin in Cincy win this division again.

The blood is in the water. All you have to do is take what is rightfully yours!
I agree my brother, cincy is the absolute worst.
So young and carefree. Like children out there.

iM53OJm6mrqoQ.gif

Such beauty. Truly a wonderful place

dionysus

Yaldog
The worst thing about week 2 for the Saints wasn't the loss to the Browns. It was the realization that the Falcons O wasn't back to form and what that says about the Saints D from week 1.

I am not ready to start rooting for the draft just yet, but this situation feels like home. The last few years have been the fluke, I am mentally prepared for the return of the Haslett/Ditka Saints.

LJ11

I'd feel pretty good if I was a Bills fan. It seems like they're heading in the right direction. Honestly the biggest issue I see long term is EJ, I just don't know if he's ever going to get good enough to take your team the distance. There is a lot of talent on the roster around him, though.

If the Dolphins continue to do what they do I'll be pulling for Buffalo to win the East.

Yeah, I'm not sure EJ's the guy either, he's played better the last two games, but he's just slow. Plays slow, reads slow, lots of indecision. He'll make a great throw, then just completely miss an easy one, or just lock on, gets gun shy. Doesn't do well the pocket gets messy, drops his eyes. Still learning, raw player. Wish he was a better scrambler Going to take time, if he ever develops that is.

Dragon

Banned
I find it funny that Patriots fanbase think Brady is immune to aging. He is 37 for christ sakes. Its obvious age is catching up to him with him making less and less the throws he used to. The only question is how long till he is completely washed up and and how much longer he plays.

Who said he was? No one. Cool post!

Zeke

Dude Cousins looked great yesterday, I am worried about the Skins now. I dont think RGIII was a good fit for that offense at all, but Cousins looked right at home. The only question is how long will DJax be out, but the Skins have a crazy amount of weapons once he gets back, plus their D looked really good also.
I just hate giving those fucks credit but we'll see how the season goes. Dallas isn't playing them until week 8 and who knows what the east is gonna look like by then. You know how division games are, never guaranteed.

HylianTom

Banned
The worst thing about week 2 for the Saints wasn't the loss to the Browns. It was the realization that the Falcons O wasn't back to form and what that says about the Saints D from week 1.

I am not ready to start rooting for the draft just yet, but this situation feels like home. The last few years have been the fluke, I am mentally prepared for the return of the Haslett/Ditka Saints.
I'm holding judgement for this Sunday. No doubt the team has issues, but in close games and last-minute finishes, we've usually been on the other side of this coin in the past few years, and now it doesn't feel good being the one on the losing side. If we rail the Vikings (like we should) at home, then we'll know it's the old "Dome dependency" thing again.

A source tells the Washington Post that Jay Gruden preferred Kirk Cousins to Robert Griffin III even before Sunday's injury.
Gruden had no interest in trying to develop a scheme to suit Griffin's strengths. Instead, he tried to shoehorn him into a pocket passer role and the early results were troubling. The Washington Post says the silver lining of RG3's dislocated ankle is that Gruden now gets to insert Cousins without any political backlash. "Kirk is a special guy. ... obviously has a skill set that I feel like is very much suited for what we do," Gruden said. Cousins will be a reasonable QB2 bet at Philly in Week 3.
Ohhhh

Dragon

Banned
I watched the Pats game and I dont see how that changes Brady being done at all. They ran the ball and gave him a lot of easy/short passes to make. The Pats coaches did a great job protecting him, but the Vikings are also horrible. Zimmer will improve them but it wasnt going to happen in just 2 games. If you seriously think blowing out the vike bikes with no AP proves Brady is still teh bestzzz then you are even more delousinal then I would have guessed.

Again with the words in my mouth. I was commenting on judging players by box scores. And I'm not even sure cajunator bothered to look at one either. I wasn't saying one way or the other on Brady.

jmdajr

What the Numbers Show About N.F.L. Player Arrests

Number of players arrested, cited or charged with a crime, Jan. 2000 through Sept. 2014
Rankings

Minnesota Vikings 44
Cincinnati Bengals 43
Denver Broncos 40
Tennessee Titans 32
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 31
Kansas City Chiefs 30
Jacksonville Jaguars 29
Miami Dolphins 28
Cleveland Browns 27
Chicago Bears 27
San Diego Chargers 26
Indianapolis Colts 24
League Average 22
Baltimore Ravens 22
Seattle Seahawks 22
New Orleans Saints 20
Carolina Panthers 19
Oakland Raiders 19
Pittsburgh Steelers 19
Washington Redskins 19
Atlanta Falcons 18
San Francisco 49ers 18
Buffalo Bills 17
Detroit Lions 17
Green Bay Packers 17
New England Patriots 15
Dallas Cowboys 14
New York Giants 14
New York Jets 14
Philadelphia Eagles 13
Arizona Cardinals 11
Houston Texans 11
St. Louis Rams 11

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

What exactly was troubling by the early results? He played well.

If Gruden really thinks Cousins was the better QB all along then Washington is really fucked.

But honestly it makes zero sense. Gruden could have made it a competition if he wanted to or just gave Cousins the job. He didn't.

:D

Cheer up, buddy. We're used to this by now.

Too true friend

Man I was totally bought in on the Fins. Yesterday was so bad. It sucks but if they have a high pick next year I bet they target a QB.

Sorry we are letting you down :( its an annual thing

Giving up that easy?

Yes at least we beat you guys, in the end thats all that really matters.

We've resigned Daniel fucking Thomas. FFS.

And I'm done, see ya'll in the offseason!

eznark

Banned
irg3 isn't the right fit for any offense. He isn't a good enough pure passer to run a traditional offense and he is far, far too brittle to be a mobile threat in a more college style offense.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Redskins have an excuse to trade RG3 now. I think he has shown that he has potential but he's always getting hurt. I'm sure some team would give a decent price for him (nowhere near what Washington paid to draft him though)

Number of players arrested, cited or charged with a crime, Jan. 2000 through Sept. 2014
Rankings

Minnesota Vikings 44
Cincinnati Bengals 43
Denver Broncos 40
Tennessee Titans 32
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 31
Kansas City Chiefs 30
Jacksonville Jaguars 29
Miami Dolphins 28
Cleveland Browns 27
Chicago Bears 27
San Diego Chargers 26
Indianapolis Colts 24
League Average 22
Baltimore Ravens 22
Seattle Seahawks 22
New Orleans Saints 20
Carolina Panthers 19
Oakland Raiders 19
Pittsburgh Steelers 19
Washington Redskins 19
Atlanta Falcons 18
San Francisco 49ers 18
Buffalo Bills 17
Detroit Lions 17
Green Bay Packers 17
New England Patriots 15
Dallas Cowboys 14
New York Giants 14
New York Jets 14
Philadelphia Eagles 13
Arizona Cardinals 11
Houston Texans 11
St. Louis Rams 11

Dat "Love Boat" incident for Minnesota

Wrayfield

Yeah, I'm not sure EJ's the guy either, he's played better the last two games, but he's just slow. Plays slow, reads slow, lots of indecision. He'll make a great throw, then just completely miss an easy one, or just lock on, gets gun shy. Doesn't do well the pocket gets messy, drops his eyes. Still learning, raw player. Wish he was a better scrambler Going to take time, if he ever develops that is.

I love how your posts sound like an NFL scout breakdown. Only, you make more sense than many of them.

LJ11

Damn how many years does RGIII have left on his contract?

Edit: Just quick thoughts, but after reading it certainly does read that way, lol. Tannehill's receivers dropped some key passes yesterday, 3rd downs. Backs dropped some easy ones that would have kept drives alive.

Mrbob

Dat Washington trade. Could have kept their picks and still picked up the better qb. Shanny didn't want rg3 either. He was right.

jmdajr

Redskins have an excuse to trade RG3 now. I think he has shown that he has potential but he's always getting hurt. I'm sure some team would give a decent price for him (nowhere near what Washington paid to draft him though)

Dat "Love Boat" incident for Minnesota

I don't recall. Will use da google.

An alleged sex party occurred on October 6, 2005 on Lake Minnetonka with seventeen key members of the Minnesota Vikings football team; including quarterback Daunte Culpepper, Fred Smoot, Mewelde Moore, Pat Williams, Bryant McKinnie, Nate Burleson, Ralph Brown, Troy Williamson (who was then beginning his rookie season), Travis Taylor, Kevin Williams, Lance Johnstone, Moe Williams, and Willie Offord.[1] Two houseboats were rented and some, but not all of the players performed sexual acts in front of crew members. Prostitutes from Atlanta and Florida were flown in for the party, in order to perform the sex acts. There were apparently ninety people on the two boats. An anonymous former player of the Minnesota Vikings claimed that this is not the first time that such an incident had happened.[2] The scandal has sometimes been referred to as the Love Boat scandal after the television program, or as the Smoot Boat Scandal in the news.

Allegedly, photographs were taken at the party showing people engaging in sexual intercourse. As of December 2005, four of the players have been charged with misdemeanors related to the events

I'm all caught up! Thanks wikki!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Rankings

Minnesota Vikings 44
Cincinnati Bengals 43
Denver Broncos 40
Tennessee Titans 32
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 31
Kansas City Chiefs 30
Jacksonville Jaguars 29
Miami Dolphins 28
Cleveland Browns 27
Chicago Bears 27
San Diego Chargers 26
Indianapolis Colts 24
League Average 22
Baltimore Ravens 22
Seattle Seahawks 22
New Orleans Saints 20
Carolina Panthers 19
Oakland Raiders 19
Pittsburgh Steelers 19
Washington Redskins 19
Atlanta Falcons 18
San Francisco 49ers 18
Buffalo Bills 17
Detroit Lions 17
Green Bay Packers 17
New England Patriots 15
Dallas Cowboys 14
New York Giants 14
New York Jets 14
Philadelphia Eagles 13
Arizona Cardinals 11
Houston Texans 11
St. Louis Rams 11

Finally the Jets are above league average at something!

Edit: Just quick thoughts, but after reading it certainly does read that way, lol. Tannehill's receivers dropped some key passes yesterday, 3rd downs. Backs dropped some easy ones that would have kept drives alive.
It's true but there was way too much dink and dunk. Tannehill was in full game manager mode, couldn't do anything passing down the field. I'm sure the early pressure from the law firm of Williams & Williams didn't help but still.

At some point you see one too many underthrown deep balls and you have to say enough is enough. That's where I'm at.

Damn how many years does RGIII have left on his contract?

One more year with a $6.7m cap hit and $6.7m in dead money if they cut him. I think that they will find a trade partner though, that isnt much money for a QB and it would only be 1 year of risk. I bet someone gives them a conditional 3rd for him. It would be funny if it was the Rams if they dont resign Bradford.

LJ11

It's true but there was way too much dink and dunk. Tannehill was in full game manager mode, couldn't do anything passing down the field. I'm sure the early pressure from the law firm of Williams & Williams didn't help but still.

At some point you see one too many underthrown deep balls and you have to say enough is enough. That's where I'm at.

It looked to me like the Bills safeties were playing really shallow too, daring the deep throw. He had wallace on the deep post that Graham broke up. Safety took the underneath and Wallace went right behind him, or that's the way it looked live. Tannehill needed to get it out just a bit further.

Awful when your QB can't keep the D honest, it's so frustrating when they can cheat and your hamstrung.

Kind of want to rewatch, always want to, but I get home and I'm tired...

Rankings

Minnesota Vikings 44
Cincinnati Bengals 43
Denver Broncos 40
Tennessee Titans 32
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 31
Kansas City Chiefs 30
Jacksonville Jaguars 29
Miami Dolphins 28
Cleveland Browns 27
Chicago Bears 27
San Diego Chargers 26
Indianapolis Colts 24
League Average 22
Baltimore Ravens 22
Seattle Seahawks 22
New Orleans Saints 20
Carolina Panthers 19
Oakland Raiders 19
Pittsburgh Steelers 19
Washington Redskins 19
Atlanta Falcons 18
San Francisco 49ers 18
Buffalo Bills 17
Detroit Lions 17
Green Bay Packers 17

New England Patriots 15
Dallas Cowboys 14
New York Giants 14
New York Jets 14
Philadelphia Eagles 13
Arizona Cardinals 11
Houston Texans 11
St. Louis Rams 11

So Green Bay and Detroit are equally thuggish who would of thought.

It looked to me like the Bills safeties were playing really shallow too, daring the deep throw. He had wallace on the deep post that Graham broke up. Safety took the underneath and Wallace went right behind him, or that's the way it looked live. Tannehill needed to get it out just a bit further.

Awful when your QB can't keep the D honest, it's so frustrating when they can cheat and your hamstrung.

Kind of want to rewatch, always want to, but I get home and I'm tired...
Yeah, the Bills didn't even need to respect the deep ball. You have Mike Wallace on your team and safeties are crowding the box... What does that tell you about the QB? It's so strange to me how consistently he underthrows those passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom