• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 2 |OT| Thread Title Subject to Change Depending on Public Outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldn't be a very high pick. Cousins hasn't done much to show any sort of value around the league. If he plays this whole season he will be able to do just that but he will have to play really well.

True. I mean, it was Jacksonville afterall.

I thought I read that the Redskins drafted him to use him as bargaining chip when it comes trades/drafts.

Tony Dungy was on the Dan Patrick show this morning. He basically admitted to beating his own kids with objects, sometimes leaving marks, and endorsed it as a better form of discipline than using your hands. He was totally in AP's corner, saying pictures don't tell the whole story and we should wait for the courts to decide if it was "discipline" or "abuse".

Dungy had a child kill himself, not so sure I would listen to him when it comes to raising my kid. I am not saying that beating his kid had anything to do with the suicide but I just think that he shouldnt be telling other people how to discipline their kids.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Obviously AP is a piece of shit, but I feel he needs to play for the sake of child safety.

Seriously though, I imagine AP is not allowed within 500 feet of his child while this is going on.

Which is probably business as usual for him and all of his children except when he comes around to give them their weekly or monthly beating.

jakncoke

Banned
What was the point of suspending him then? Same goes for the Panthers, I heard Ron say that Hardy would be back thi9s year. Makes no fucking sense at all.

I read on twitter Greg Hardy still made his 770k game check, so I dont understand what the point of deactivating him was, AP still make his game check as well?

TheFatOne

Pats defense looked legit yesterday but need to see more of that. Looks like they found Hightower a role on the defense. He looks much improved. Easley looked good yesterday as well. It's obvious now Brady isn't the same. Still good enough to win if the defense is legit. Revis is amazing,and really fun to watch. He's so damn smooth. Makes it look easy. Lets the pats blitz way more since he can lock down his guy.Ryan did an amazing job against Paterson. Was worried about him because of his poor play in the pre season,but he looks dynamite. That trade really worked out nicely. Good bounce back win. Browner is going to make this secondary sick.

manfestival

My hypothesis with Tedford right now is that he simply does not trust Josh McCown and that was reflected in his play-calling, particularly on third down.

tedford hasnt been doing playcalling the past two weeks. He has been setting up the team and doing practices but that arroyo guy or whatever has been doing the playcalling, which explains the total disconnect between the staff and the offense

Fox318

Does a Colt McCoy future sound appealing to you?

fw37ir8.png

http://shop.russellathletic.com/Mens/b/5044355011

bionic77

Seriously though, I imagine AP is not allowed within 500 feet of his child while this is going on.

Which is probably business as usual for him and all of his children except when he comes around to give them their weekly or monthly beating.
I for one am shocked that he knows who his kids are well enough that he can get mad enough to beat them.

Bowser

I read on twitter Greg Hardy still made his 770k game check, so I dont understand what the point of deactivating him was, AP still make his game check as well?

Yeah. Inactives still get paid. We could technically suspend him for "conduct detrimental," but with his case pending appeal, even with the media firestorm, the NFLPA would file a grievance faster than Squidward scrambling after his first read is covered.

Syrinx

tedford hasnt been doing playcalling the past two weeks. He has been setting up the team and doing practices but that arroyo guy or whatever has been doing the playcalling, which explains the total disconnect between the staff and the offense
Huh. I knew Arroyo was doing the playcalling last week but I didn't realize he was still doing it this week even though Tedford was back. Kinda explains a lot. Change needs to be made though: Arroyo's playcalling looks straight out of the Mike Sullivan school of pitiful conservatism.

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah, it's basically just like any other player who is inactive. If someone doesn't make the gameday roster, they're still paid for the week.

BigAT

Tony Dungy was on the Dan Patrick show this morning. He basically admitted to beating his own kids with objects, sometimes leaving marks, and endorsed it as a better form of discipline than using your hands. He was totally in AP's corner, saying pictures don't tell the whole story and we should wait for the courts to decide if it was "discipline" or "abuse".

"I think my method of violently disciplining my children was the best," remarked the father whose teenage son had killed himself.

Ray Rice to appeal his suspension. This must be the NFL's absolute worst nightmare. He is going to win and get reinstated, I wonder what the Ravens will do then.

eznark

Banned
Ray Rice to appeal his suspension. This must be the NFL's absolute worst nightmare. He is going to win and get reinstated, I wonder what the Ravens will do then.

This is the NFL's dream come true. They get to pretend to be the hard asses, make the union look bad, and ultimately leave it up to the teams to decide.

Couldn't work out better for them.

jakncoke

Banned
Unless they are formally suspended then they have to pay them. You cant inactivate a player to save money.

Its not about saving money, it was clearly a punishment. But if they still made their check, then what was point? Basically gave them a paid vacation to chill and do coke.

In the end it is what it is. The League is gonna do what the League is gonna do. In the end we'll all be watching football this week. Just gotta make sure you treat your women and children right and at least tell your kids not to follow the example of these athletes. I just hope this all ends with Goodell gone.

Vio-Lence

Banned
I hate to break it to Bucs fans, Lovie Smith cant select offensive coordinators to save his life. Expect a new bozo every 2 or 3 yrs.

All bums.

And Dungy is a piece of shit hypocrite. Its funny that hes positioned as some kind of moral authority.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Ray Rice is a bad person and all that but he's right to appeal it. Goddell can't arbitrarily ban people for a whole season when there's now a new agreement that he only should have been suspended for six games. It was clearly a knee jerk reaction to bad PR.

I think Ray Rice's career is, at a minimum, on hold. Remember that lots of guys came back and were "forgiven". Your average 30 year old beer drinking NFL fan will forgive Rice quicker than Vick drowning dogs or whatever.

ShaneB

Regarding the AP news... yeesh. Another interesting week ahead for the NFL =/. And shaking my head at Dungy's comments. Good grief.

But for positive news... look at this stat..

Number of games played indoors in week two: edit: only 1! Sort of Awesome!

Tamanon

Banned
The interesting thing will be if part of Rice's appeal is that he explained and/or showed the video originally. The whole reason for the extra suspension was ostensibly that the extent of his abuse wasn't known.

gutshot

Regarding the AP news... yeesh. Another interesting week ahead for the NFL =/. And shaking my head at Dungy's comments. Good grief.

But for positive news... look at this stat..

Number of games played indoors in week two: 0. Awesome!

Until tonight, anyway.

The interesting thing will be if part of Rice's appeal is that he explained and/or showed the video originally. The whole reason for the extra suspension was ostensibly that the extent of his abuse wasn't known.

Yeah it would be funny if Ray were to come out and say that his lawyer showed the NFL the tape or something crazy like that. They were saying on the radio his appeal will be about the league suspending him twice for the same offense.

MechDX

Todays "Why is JJ Watt so awesome" post is brought to you by Mike Vrabel:

JJWATTTD.gif

Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro · 1h
Is everyone at @PFF doing alright today? They gave J.J. Watt a -1.7 grade yesterday, his lowest since Week 4 of his rookie season.

Fuck. On second thought trade the bum!

Sephzilla

Vikings next game is on the road versus the Saints. Hope the New Orleans crowd boos the hell out of the Vikings for letting him play right now, honestly.

EDIT - Real talk, I'm not against physical discipline on kids and quite frankly think it's kind of needed from time to time. But when it's to the point that you're leaving bruises/welts on a person, that's way too far and unnecessary.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Was telling my buddy the same exact thing while watching the game. Rex did the same shit to prevent 15-1.

Bart Scott went wild if I recall.

To be fair, it was sweeter to see the Pats finally lose when it counted the most.

As for the timeout yesterday, I still think it glosses over all type of shit we didn't do up to that point--like run the ball in any capacity.

MechDX

Brian T. Smith ‏@ChronBrianSmith · 3h
#Texans' Ryan Fitzpatrick is the No. 2 rated passer (118.4) in the #NFL. Only trails #Broncos' Peyton Manning (126.5).

The Amish Rifle. #SaveUsFitzmagic

As a lions fan and a fan of great plays I loved and hated this.

This is pretty much what turned the tide and eventually made us lose.

Oh and the fact we have a guy that can't kick field goals.

Or Calvin dropping TD passes. I don't even blame our defense they played good we just left too many points out there

SonnyBoy

Is there really a culture that thinks it is okay to beat a 4 year old until he is bleeding from several different wounds? That seems so cruel to me.

It is cruel, I don't disagree. But you do have people who believe in spanking, others who don't. So that debate will definitely happen. I would hope that we all universally agree that what AP did was despicable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom