• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 2 |OT| Thread Title Subject to Change Depending on Public Outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowser

Newton endured several big hits behind a depleted offensive line but threw for 281 yards and a touchdown in a 24-7 win over the Lions. It was enough to make us forget the "Donkey Kong Suh" remarks. Tune in next week when he refers to a Steelers safety as "Troy Pokemon Naruto."

:jnfc

Seanspeed

Banned
kbcatch.0.gif

What was the ruling on this?

He has possession when his knee comes down, but both feet never hit the ground before his sticks his hand out of bounds(or does that not matter?).

MechDX

Sweet Jesus, how does someone get that wide open when you are on the 2 yard line?

Two things:

1) No one knew he was out there. Texans players themselves didn't realize he was out there until they saw him catch the ball

2) He was at one TE spot and guard Sua Filo was at the other TE spot. My guess is the Raiders thought it was a typical, jumbo goal line formation

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Tony Dungy is a piece of human shit.

And what Peterson did is worse than what Rice did. If Goodell doesn't step in here he is a bigger joke than I thought.

THIS. It needs to be repeated by the media.

Sephzilla

Two things:

1) No one knew he was out there. Texans players themselves didn't realize he was out there until they saw him catch the ball

2) He was at one TE spot and guard Sua Filo was at the other TE spot. My guess is the Raiders thought it was a typical, jumbo goal line formation

3) It's the Raiders.

Watching that gif again, nobody even looks at Watt

eznark

Banned
Two things:

Refs announce that 99 is eligible when he checks in, so your team (and the Raiders) are full of unaware fucking retards then.

It's not like you can sneak him onto the field.

Two things:

I don't even know what happened...I've never seen the Raiders look that bad. This is going to be a long year...

Trey

Two things:

It's a blown coverage. The LB follows the RB route into the flat instead of staying with Watt's TE release into the corner. So two men guard the flat route while Watt runs free. You even see the DB gesture at the end of the gif as if to say "dude, what the fuck? You left your man."

MechDX

Refs announce that 99 is eligible when he checks in, so your team (and the Raiders) are full of unaware fucking retards then.

isn't that typical to check in to line up at TE? In the heat of the game, between plays I just don't see a lot of players paying close attention to those types of announcements with so much else going on.

I don't even know what happened...I've never seen the Raiders look that bad. This is going to be a long year...

Did I have the bet with you or McKenzie? Who used to have the avatar of the guy with the brown hair aiming a gun?

eznark

Banned
isn't that typical to check in to line up at TE? In the heat of the game, between plays I just don't see a lot of players paying close attention to those types of announcements with so much else going on.

On terrible college teams maybe not, but it's pretty fucking important for a defense to know who is on the field and whether or not they are eligible receivers.

Trey

Did I have the bet with you or McKenzie? Who used to have the avatar of the guy with the brown hair aiming a gun?

To even line up where Watt did makes him eligible as far as the defense is concerned. They just missed him.

HylianTom

Banned
Sadly, when you have a coach who apparently doesn't know to keep playing his hot hand (run, dammit!), this won't be that big a loss.

And we'll be sure to welcome AP back to the Dome appropriately on Sunday.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
You guys are forgetting that Dan Snyder is deeply in love with RG3 and Kirk Cousins has looked good as a replacement before but then not so special as a starter. It would take Cousins having a Kurt Warner in '99 type season to convince Snyder and the Skins to ditch Bob.
yea Cousins had 58 QB rating last year, not that it is be all and end all, but you have to be pretty mediocre to get a rating that low.

Game makes me really nervous actually. Trap game in week 3? Yep. Giants just can not continue to look this bad.
For reals, Eli going to light us up.

yea, but they didn't. I was watching the game, and he was in on the play before, which was a run by Foster. They never announced him. Yes he had to report because of his number, but the Refs never announced it over the PA like they usually do.

Guys on the radio just talked about it as well, no one knew he was in.

That said, people are acting like this is never going to happen again and "teams wont fall for it again" but they forget the patriots did it 10+ times with Vrabel.
When you have Foster out there, who the Raiders double teamed on that play, Andre and DeAndre, there's not enough defenders to double team everyone and cover Watt. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we see it again this year.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Sports fans irritate me beyond belief sometimes.

Just read the top comment at the bottom of ESPN's reinstatement story. Basically a comment endorsing this action towards children and 150 people have liked it.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
So worst people in NFL recent history in order of awful?

Aaron Hernandez > Ray Lewis > Ben > AP > Vick > Ray Rice >>>>>>>>>>> Josh Gordon

eznark

Banned
yea, but they didn't. I was watching the game, and he was in on the play before, which was a run by Foster. They never announced him.

Then the Texans should've been flagged for an ineligible receiver.

It has to be announced by the refs on the PA system, and prior to every single play in which he is declaring himself eligible.

Raiders got fucked.

Just read the top comment at the bottom of ESPN's reinstatement story. Basically a comment endorsing this action towards children and 150 people have liked it.

I can barely stand to read sports threads on NeoGAF, I can't imagine reading comments on a LCD site like ESPN.

Trey

Nope. He has to report and be announced, because of his number.

I'm saying that as a defense, you have to assume Watt, or anyone who lines up as a TE, is eligible. You can't look at him line up there and say, "eh, he's probably not eligible, we'll overlook him."

They probably gotten whopping as a kid and don't realize(I was guilty of this at first) what he did was way worse then the normal discipline you'd expect someone to give a kid.

Bowser

Nothing new on Hardy situation. He will practice this week and attend all meetings. Not sure of status for Sunday night or the rest of the season and unsure of timetable for making that decision.

edit: Rivera was asked at the end of the presser if cutting Hardy was an option: "No."

eznark

Banned
I'm saying that as a defense, you have to assume Watt, or anyone who lines up as a TE, is eligible. You can't look at him line up there and say, "eh, he's probably not eligible, we'll overlook him."

Yeah, you absolutely do. If he hasn't been announced as eligible you let him run a route and take the ineligible man downfield flag and push them back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom