• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 2 |OT| Thread Title Subject to Change Depending on Public Outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.
BxjaMhxCMAIMTbY.jpg

whatthefuckw0skv.gif

This season is so over already and it's only week 2.

Brace yourself because we haven't even gotten to Beason yet and its looking like he'll miss substantial time with the toe injury.

So now we'll see Trumaine McBride and Mark Herzlich on the field (since Kennard is injured too). Our already garbage defense got even worse.

Despite that, I was encouraged on the offensive side of the ball yesterday. Yeah we lost and in typical fashion it was self-inflicted in a very winnable game but it wasn't the clown shoes bullshit we've had to endure all summer long or in that Lions game. We got the play action going, we got a fullback on the field and moved the ball a bit on the ground (not well enough) and Eli looked comfortable. If receivers could actually catch the ball it would help immensely.

My hope for week 3 is to see more progress on that front. Its a winnable game at home against a Texans team that is also rebuilding. Watt against out offensive line scares the shit out of me though....

Dragon

Banned
Tony Dungy was on the Dan Patrick show this morning. He basically admitted to beating his own kids with objects, sometimes leaving marks, and endorsed it as a better form of discipline than using your hands. He was totally in AP's corner, saying pictures don't tell the whole story and we should wait for the courts to decide if it was "discipline" or "abuse".

SpinDasher will come and say Dungy is just misunderstood instead of being an overly religious bigot who believes in child abuse.

MS saved Notch from being subjected to gamers.

They are heroes with a huge heart.

Crisco

Banned
Nothing new on Hardy situation. He will practice this week and attend all meetings. Not sure of status for Sunday night or the rest of the season and unsure of timetable for making that decision.

edit: Rivera was asked at the end of the presser if cutting Hardy was an option: "No."

Really fucking irritating that the decision is being put on the coaching staff. The NFL or team ownership needs to either suspend him or declare him eligible to play pending further developments. This ambiguous bullshit just hurts the team. I'm glad they sat him, but waiting till the last minute to announce it can't become a weekly thing.

Trey

Yeah, you absolutely do. If he hasn't been announced as eligible you let him run a route and take the ineligible man downfield flag and push them back.

They'll get the ineligible substitution/illegal formation flag just by having Watt line up at TE (anything outside of the tackle) if he's not eligible. So knowing that, I'm going to assume anyone who lines up there is eligible regardless of if I heard the announcement or not. Because the situation becomes: he's eligible, therefore the defender guards him; he's ineligible, therefore there's no downside to guarding him; or he's ineligible but the refs missed it, so the defender should guard him anyways. There's no situation where ignoring Watt is the best move.

eznark

Banned
They'll get the ineligible substitution/illegal formation flag just by having Watt line up at TE (anything outside of the tackle) if he's not eligible. So knowing that, I'm going to assume anyone who lines up there is eligible regardless of if I heard the announcement or not. Because the situation becomes he's eligible, therefore the defender guards guard him; he's ineligible, therefore there's no downside to me guarding him; or he's ineligible but the refs missed it, so the defender should guard him anyways. There's no situation where ignoring Watt is the best move.

That's false. You can have an unbalanced line without it being an illegal formation.

I'm going to assume that everyone knew Watt was on the field and that the idiot just bit on the running back coming out of the backfield because he is a Raider and therefore sucks.

I cannot believe everyone on the field missed that announcement twice. Maybe I expect too much from people. Apparently the Texans radio team is a bunch of retards so it's possible.

eznark

Banned
You guys look at the trash some teams are starting under center and you expect the Rams third string QB to throw touchdowns?

c3Zrv.gif

Rotoworld said:
Coach Gus Bradley did not rule out starting Blake Bortles in next week's game vs. the Colts.

When asked directly if he'll consider throwing Bortles into the fire in Week 3, Bradley gave some coachspeak instead of saying no. "Right now, we've got a lot of things we need to correct," he said. "We'll take a look at that all on film." The Redskins crowded the box against Chad Henne on Sunday, giving up zero lanes in the run game and sacking him 10 times. The only reason not to make the move to Bortles at this point is protection concerns. We know he'll give the Jags a better chance to win games than Henne.

There's hope, Jags!

Bread

Banned
Do you want to play your preseason game or shall I advance it to the regular season?

Darren McFadden broke his collarbone when I played my game, as if my offence wasn't shitty enough already :(
I'm fine with advancing to the regular season, I only really needed one game to get a feel for my team.

squicken

You guys look at the trash some teams are starting under center and you expect the Rams third string QB to throw touchdowns?

c3Zrv.gif

The Bucs will be awful on defense this year, and I think the Vikes will be bottom half of the league. It's going to get worse once they get into the division

Dragon

Banned
As a pure loot game, Diablo 3 is light years ahead of Destiny. Especially post Reaper of Souls which saved Diablo 3 as a game. Highly recommend it on the PS4, too. Great game!

Yeah I've never played a Diablo game honestly; I'm not sure why. May pick it up if there's a sale. Too many games right now!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

c3Zrv.gif

This is the greatest gif ever and it makes me miss the days where we had animated avatars.

It would have looked great on jak!

squicken

Still can't believe there was a McCown/Cutler debate. McCown is so bad. Bucs OL is crap and Trestman poops on Tedford, but he just makes such terrible decisions

eznark

Banned
Yeah but then you are playing Diablo on a console like some kind of third world German.

Still can't believe there was a McCown/Cutler debate. McCown is so bad. Bucs OL is crap and Trestman poops on Tedford, but he just makes such terrible decisions

Yet he was great with that talent surrounding him. Shows just how mediocre Cutler is.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I never played Diablo 3 with anyone else. Does it make it better? I noticed that at higher difficulty levels it takes way too long to kill things for my liking.

xnipx

So worst people in NFL recent history in order of awful?

Aaron Hernandez > Ray Lewis > Ben > AP > Vick > Ray Rice >>>>>>>>>>> Josh Gordon

The pouncey brothers and Richie incognito need some love. James Harrison too. Plaxico should be on there too for wearing a gun in sweatpants to to a club.

I think the steelers and ravens are clearly the worst Judges of character in the league tho if we're being honest.

Crisco

Banned
Darren Sharper? Dude is a serial rapist, and let's face it, the bodies probably just haven't been discovered yet so they can't call him a murderer. Also even though he officially has nothing against him, Marvin Harrison would probably top the list.

As a pure loot game, Diablo 3 is light years ahead of Destiny. Especially post Reaper of Souls which saved Diablo 3 as a game. Highly recommend it on the PS4, too. Great game!

I probably should have went with D3 PS4 over Madden.

Not that I'm not liking Madden 15 but I guess "honeymoon's over" and after a while little things in the presentation start bugging me.

bionic77

The pouncey brothers and Richie incognito need some love. James Harrison too. Plaxico should be on there too for wearing a gun in sweatpants to to a club.

I think the steelers and ravens are clearly the worst Judges of character in the league tho if we're being honest.
Only the Ravens and Patriots had murderers on their teams.

And the only person not being honest is you. Every fucking NFL team has guys on PEDs and domestic violence has been rampant in the NFL for as long as I have followed it (early 80s). Ray Rice just got caught in a public place. Players have been beating their wives in the NFL for a long time. Most of the time they got put on probation, the team would release a statement about how it was a horrible mistake and the player learned from it, and they were back on the field a week later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom