• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 2 |OT| Thread Title Subject to Change Depending on Public Outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Nothing to do with kids specifically. Research, studies, lab work, field work all show that humans behavior is more easily modified with positive incentives than negative repercussions. This includes but is not limited to parenting.
I'm going to agree with EZ and the research here. My wife and I just had a kid, so naturally we've been doing research. Helps, also, that my wife is a psychologist. You get betters results from dogs to children to adults with rewarding the behavior you want, than punishing the behavior you don't want.

WHERE'S TRENT
DbbvUaD.png

xnipx

Positive reinforcement doesn't work on spoiled kids. If you already give them everything they want you have to take away something they like, and laugh as they throw a temper tantrum.

While that's not abuse. It's definitely punishment(negative reinforcement).

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Why is Casey Matthews playing?
kenddricks is hurt?

Positive reinforcement doesn't work on spoiled kids. If you already give them everything they want you have to take away something they like, and laugh as they throw a temper tantrum.

While that's not abuse. It's definitely punishment(negative reinforcement).
Don't give them everything they want? Duh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom