• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 2 |OT| Thread Title Subject to Change Depending on Public Outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far I've resisted the urge to read the Berserk manga. Really liked the anime show, first full anime show I've ever watched. But nah...can't take that next step,

Ahahah...read it and experience the greatness that it is, then you will wait with us in despair during the Mangakas frequent hiatus....now back to FOOOTBALLL!

Didn't they just have a graphic up in the first half about how Eli and Rivers get sacked too much, and now Simms is saying the reason they can play so many consecutive games in a row is because they avoid hits?

Heaven forbid the league try and prevent more guys from killing themselves in their 40s for the sake of your entertainment.
The hit on Ben early was a great tackle and a horrible call.

The hit Troy just had was high and should have been called.

The hit Mitchell gave was shoulder to shoulder and intended to free the receiver from the ball. It was a bad call.

The refs are programmed to see anything that looks vicious as a penalty regardless of whether it's clean. And yes, it makes the game less entertaining when defenders aren't allowed to separate the ball from the receiver.

I just remember how peeved seeing those Falcons fans wearing Vick jerseys post-dog fighting made me, and I have to imagine that it's just as infuriating for even more Ravens fans because Baltimore is a fucking great pro sports city. Like Purple Friday is actually a thing across the whole city.

Handful of idiots ruining it for everyone else. As always.

Yup

squicken

I think the Tebow game was sort of it for Lebeau. These blitzes don't confuse Flacco at all. Even Hoyer had them figured out in the 2nd half last week

I think the Tebow game was sort of it for Lebeau. These blitzes don't confuse Flacco at all. Even Hoyer had them figured out in the 2nd half last week
You have to admit, losing to Tim Tebow in a playoff game where he throws over 300+ yards is probably about the worst thing that could happen to you as a defensive coordinator. There really is no recovering from that. It's not a coincidence that since them the Steelers haven't been the same.

Talon

I love Lebeau but he was done when the Pack beat us in the Superb Owl

SuperbOwl.0000000000.jpg

harSon

Banned
The issue with Lebeau is the fact that he doesn't have the personnel to run his defense and he's unwilling to adapt. Actually, that's being too nice. The personnel flat out sucks in comparison to what we had 4-5 years ago.

squicken

What's confusing about a blitz that gets no penetration?

Ray Horton, Rex Ryan and Mike Pettine are able to blitz and get a free rusher even though just 4 guys are actually rushing the passer. Seems like forever since Pittsburgh has done that consistently

harSon

Banned
Ray Horton, Rex Ryan and Mike Pettine are able to blitz and get a free rusher even though just 4 guys are actually rushing the passer. Seems like forever since Pittsburgh has done that consistently

Maybe the personnel just sucks. You can't run a 3-4 with shitty defensive linemen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom