• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 2 |OT| Thread Title Subject to Change Depending on Public Outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farooq

Banned
No, but if the Cowboys are in that position, I expect them to. Romo is too much of a screwup.

...I don't want to, but I cannot resist. Romo has performed poor in 13.2% of his games. Only Rodgers(7%), Brady (11.1%), , Rivers(11.7%) and Manning(12.6%) have better percentages.

Poor performance = Passer rating below 66.7

Why 66.7?

When the passer rating was initially developed, a passer rating of 66.7 was considered average, and everything below that was obviously below average. In 1973, 61.7 was the average passer rating in the NFL. 40 years later, the NFL average has improved significantly. In 2013, the NFL average passer rating was 84.1. For the purposes of this post, we'll stick to the 66.7 passer rating from the original formula, except we won't consider it an average or below average performance, we'll call it what it is: a poor performance, or a "bad game".

Link.

...I don't want to, but I cannot resist. Romo has performed poor in 13.2% of his games. Only Rodgers(7%), Brady (11.1%), , Rivers(11.7%) and Manning(12.6%) have better percentages.

Poor performance = Passer rating below 66.7

Why 66.7?

Link.
Hmmm, didn't know that. Still, he turns the ball over too much.

Still can't force a turnover

If this is the product we're putting on the field I'd prefer we just tank and get a high draft pick. The repetitive 8-8 Tomlin Show leaves us with little chance of ever getting better.

bionic77

Still can't force a turnover

If this is the product we're putting on the field I'd prefer we just tank and get a high draft pick. The repetitive 8-8 Tomlin Show leaves us with little chance of ever getting better.
We made a lot of bad choices in the draft and with contracts.

This is the result of those failures...

harSon

Banned
We could probably not replace Mclendon, and play a man down on the defensive line, and nobody would know the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom