• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 2 |OT| Thread Title Subject to Change Depending on Public Outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.

harSon

Banned
Ben missed a lot of open throws and took some stupid sacks. Defense was awful. Bad all around. Defense obviously the bigger issue here.

It was a collective shit show. He was sacked twice, and on the second one his lineman literally got blown the fuck up and knocked on his ass into Ben. And momentum killing turnovers don't exactly help.

The only truly meaningful missed throw he had was the missed shot to Shitty Brown. The other noteworthy one was Heath not taking the deep route.

Lol. Of all the things to blame this game, you blame Ben? How about the Aluminum Foil curtain?

I forgot, can't blame Ben for anything. Wasn't his fault he was inaccurate. Wasn't his fault he badly missed a Wide open Justin Brown who walks in for a touchdown otherwise. Wasn't his fault he was 10 yards off the closest receiver all night.

Whole team, shy of maybe Le'Veon Bell was shit. Steelers defense was awful in the first half, Offense was awful in the second. Only thing is I expected the defense to be bad.

Ravens dinked their way to a blowout.

jakncoke

Banned
So many bad things happened things happened. Games like this makes me wonder why we extended Gilbert. Even when Ben wasnt pressured he seemed off. Our defensive was basically a free for all for them, Im not even sure how to fix it at this point. No pressure, people open all over, getting pushed around.

jbug617

Banned
So next week is Falcons vs Bucs? Hope it's better

Do you guys think games on Thursday Night ends being a bad product because of the short week for prep?

harSon

Banned
I forgot, can't blame Ben for anything. Wasn't his fault he was inaccurate. Wasn't his fault he badly missed a Wide open Justin Brown who walks in for a touchdown otherwise. Wasn't his fault he was 10 yards off the closest receiver all night.

Whole team, shy of maybe Le'Veon Bell was shit. Steelers defense was awful in the first half, Offense was awful in the second. Only thing is I expected the defense to be bad.

That's not true. It's just you have a massive throbbing invincible steel boner for placing 100% of the blame on Ben.

s01ZXor.jpg
don't call it a comeback

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
The offense has to carry the Steelers until the defense catches up. Ben sucked. The tackles sucked. Game over.

As far as the defense is concerned, McCullers needs to play, especially in short yardage. Cam Thomas continually gets blown off the ball. Mike Mitchell needs to be benched for Shamarko Thomas. If the defense is going to be a work in progress, may as well take the long view.

So many bad things happened things happened. Games like this makes me wonder why we extended Gilbert. Even when Ben wasnt pressured he seemed off. Our defensive was basically a free for all for them, Im not even sure how to fix it at this point. No pressure, people open all over, getting pushed around.

Not much can be done. McLendon is a one gap NT which creates problems throughout. Shazier needs reps to learn where to be and when. Cam Thomas needs to work on his strength.

They tightened up in the second half up until the game was a laugher. But one play stood out in the first. I think it was the sneak, the Rats were up and had their pads into the D Line before they had a chance to blink. A lot of the problems stem from them just not being ready at the snap. They fixed that after the half, but teams are going to continue to take advantage of that no matter what offense they run.

That's not true. It's just you have a massive throbbing invincible steel boner for placing 100% of the blame on Ben.

No. It's that you can't call yourself a Steeler fan and criticize Ben Roethlisberger for some Godawful reason. Dude is the golden child. No football team ever won a championship before he arrived.

When the Quarterback plays like shit, I blame the quarterback. I do it with every other team in the league, why is Ben so special he can''t be ripped when he plays like shit?

Doomsayer

Troy is done. LeBeau still tries to use him like prime Troy and it yields embarrassing results.

He should be moved to linebacker, but he misses way too many tackles.

Do you guys think games on Thursday Night ends being a bad product because of the short week for prep?

Yes. I keep hearing former players say how tough it is on them. I doubt the NFL cares, we still watch a subpar product.

ISOM

All the primetime games have been shit so far. seavgreenbay garbage, giants/lions trash, cardinals/chargers vomit, steelers/ravens yawn.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Troy is done. LeBeau still tries to use him like prime Troy and it yields embarrassing results.

He should be moved to linebacker, but he misses way too many tackles.

This is also true. Can't bench him, can't use him like he should be used because Mitchell is unreliable.

If he is as bad as I keep reading here why are they keeping him on the roster?

He won't retire, and wants to be a Steeler for life, and management feels he should be there for life. They have too much respect for him to bench him unless he's hurt. They're pretty much stuck.

Poor Steelers, they should know by now nobody knows how to beat up and get away with murder quite like the Ravens. They're so lucky they played the Browns last Sunday.

Not that this is any excuse, but the Rats also needed this win more than the Steelers did. Steelers win and the Rats are 0-2 in the division and angling for a Wild Card spot 2 weeks in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom