• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 2 |OT| Thread Title Subject to Change Depending on Public Outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.

zychi

Banned
Villager is ridiculous in Smash Bros. I have a feeling he'll be pretty popular amongst the competitive scene. Demo is crisp overall, just wish they offered more than the five characters given and a stage besides battlefield.
I watched a twitch streamer named quenchiest earlier today go through most of the japanese release. I cant wait. It looks like so much fun. And im not even a big smash guy. Im gonna put sooooo many hours into both versions

Spades

Wow, what a terrible week for the NFL. You'd have to think that some sponsors are considering walking now and that's going to mean Goodell's ultimately gone. I really hope that from next week onwards, all we're talking about is football.

Spinluck

Villager is ridiculous in Smash Bros. I have a feeling he'll be pretty popular amongst the competitive scene. Demo is crisp overall, just wish they offered more than the five characters given and a stage besides battlefield.

The game is crack, it plays so well.

I'm fucking bodying the lvl 9 CPU with Megaman now. He's weird as hell, but once you utilize his full moveset (his down B is plain shit no matter what) he is great for controlling space. A lot of his stronger moves startup slow or end with some terrible lag though.

Villager is very fun too, lots of options on the edge and a very unique moveset.

Link finally doesn't suck ass.

Can't wait for the game to hit next month.

Spinluck

Smash, but it's going to be great (they always are) so there won't be much contention.

Apart from the people who will inevitably maintain it's not as good as Melee.

Aside from the spammable air dodge that makes following up with moves a bit tougher and your dash momentum not carrying over to your jump, I feel that it plays better than Melee.

I'm having a blast with the 3DS version, the Wii U one will be nuts.

RBH

NOvsATL_03_JaquizzTD.gif

ibhYaxorE9yM7E.gif

The game is crack, it plays so well.

I'm fucking bodying the lvl 9 CPU with Megaman now. He's weird as hell, but once you utilize his full moveset (his down B is plain shit no matter what) he is great for controlling space. A lot of his stronger moves startup slow or end with some terrible lag though.

Villager is very fun too, lots of options on the edge and a very unique moveset.

Link finally doesn't suck ass.

Can't wait for the game to hit next month.
You gettin' me all hyped!

TheContact

I'm not going to be able to watch the Pats game live tomorrow but the Vikes without Peterson doesn't give the Vikes much hope at all. I'm recording it on my DVR and I'm going to watch it when I get back from King Richard's Fair

Patriots7

I'm not going to be able to watch the Pats game live tomorrow but the Vikes without Peterson doesn't give the Vikes much hope at all. I'm recording it on my DVR and I'm going to watch it when I get back from King Richard's Fair
Asiata looked good in his limited snaps, and the Pats defense made Lamar Miller look good.

Plus Coradelle Patterson.

Did Peterson even have a good game last week?

eznark

Banned

Weird that the values of entertainment franchise grew at a reduced rate during such wonderful economic times.

This is actually the key takeaway, and once he got to this point he should have scrapped the piece:

The modest rate of franchise value growth under Goodell has come from a very high baseline — and perhaps some decline in the rate of growth was inevitable given how prodigiously they grew under Tagliabue. In absolute dollar terms — not percentages — NFL franchise values have risen by a collective $10.9 billion since 2006, compared with $11 billion for baseball, $7.5 billion for the NBA and $6.6 billion for the NHL.

Not a single mention of macroeconomic factors that, at a quick glance at the second chart shows, impacted all leagues.

Wherefore art thou Nate Silver of 2003?

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Support Imsomniac and buy Sunset Overdrive
Lol you guys sound like ps3 owners back in the day... Support insomniac cause they are making exclusives for sony!

Insomniac makes average games, sucks for them though they keep hitching their wagon to the runner up.

jakncoke

Banned

Wouldnt the record high tv deals matter more to owners as that money will be coming each year. Franchise value really only matters if the owner is trying to get out, with shit franchises like Browns going 1 billion and Bills 1.4, would be interesting to see a legit franchise get sold for.

Lol you guys sound like ps3 owners back in the day... Support insomniac cause they are making exclusives for sony!

Insomniac makes average games, sucks for them though they keep hitching their wagon to the runner up.

Nah your opinion and bread opinion sucks noodles. Ive enjoyed pretty much every Insomniac game back the ps1 era and Sunset Overdrive looks rad as well

eznark

Banned
Wouldnt the record high tv deals matter more to owners as that money will be coming each year. Franchise value really only matters if the owner is trying to get out, with shit franchises like Browns going 1 billion and Bills 1.4, would be interesting to see a legit franchise get sold for.

He is also using Forbes' ludicrously flawed data

RBH

So why exactly is Greg Hardy being allowed to play on Sunday?

This last week, Carolina Panthers owner Jerry Richardson insisted: "I stand firmly against domestic violence." Yet his team continues to allow defensive lineman Greg Hardy to play while he appeals his conviction on charges of assaulting and threatening to kill his girlfriend. A Mecklenburg County, N.C., judge found Hardy guilty in July after his girlfriend testified: "I was so scared I wanted to die."

squicken

Fine result. Even when we went up 2-1 I was mostly just happy that it meant we wouldn't lose. Always bound to give up a goal a game to an easy counter

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Just watched Bloodsport for the first time. Pretty sure I grew more chest hair watching it.

Also got a good laugh at the end googling Frank Dux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom