• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 2 |OT| Thread Title Subject to Change Depending on Public Outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

BxavW3YCUAA2coB.png:large

The future.

RELAYER

Banned
Just watched Bloodsport for the first time. Pretty sure I grew more chest hair watching it.

Also got a good laugh at the end googling Frank Dux.

Is that the one where blind Jean-Claude beats up bizarro Lui Kang with slow motion screams?
My dad and I used to re-enact that once a week.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Is that the one where blind Jean-Claude beats up bizarro Lui Kang with slow motion screams?
My dad and I used to re-enact that once a week.

That's the one! I see the "Red Xs" and "You are Next!" memes all over GAF so I had to give it a go.

I should just buy that on DVD. Movie channels play like every JCVD movie ever except that one.

It's on Netflix right now!

MRSA

Banned
So the girl that stocks all the materials in our hospital overheard me complain about our shitty coffee. This morning she presents me with a nice cup of coffee from Coffee Bean. I don't know how to respond. Dick pics?

Bowser

So the girl that stocks all the materials in our hospital overheard me complain about our shitty coffee. This morning she presents me with a nice cup of coffee from Coffee Bean. I don't know how to respond. Dick pics?

Is she hot?

cmon man, you have to give us that info

Tamanon

Banned

Start complaining about all the awful sex you've had.

Crisco

Banned
The details of the "whooping" were pretty bad, worse than i thought they'd be anyway. Dude may be in some real trouble here.

Annnnnnd guess what news dropped last night while nobody paid attention?

New York Times said:
The National Football League, which for years disputed evidence that its players had a high rate of severe brain damage, has stated in federal court documents that it expects nearly a third of retired players to develop long-term cognitive problems and that the conditions are likely to emerge at “notably younger ages” than in the general population.

The findings are a result of data prepared by actuaries hired by the league and provided to the United States District Court judge presiding over the settlement between the N.F.L. and 5,000 former players who sued the league, alleging that it had hidden the dangers of concussions from them.

“Thus, our assumptions result in prevalence rates by age group that are materially higher than those expected in the general population,” said the report, prepared by the Segal Group for the N.F.L. “Furthermore, the model forecasts that players will develop these diagnoses at notably younger ages than the generation population.”

The statements are the league’s most unvarnished admission yet that the sport’s professional participants sustain severe brain injuries at far higher rates than the general population. They also appear to confirm what scientists have said for years: that playing football increases the risk of developing neurological conditions like chronic traumatic encephalopathy, a degenerative brain disease that can be identified only in an autopsy.

ESPN said:
Former players between 50 and 59 years old develop Alzheimer's disease and dementia at rates 14 to 23 times higher than the general population of the same age range, according to the documents. The rates for players between 60-64 are as much as 35 times the rate of the general population, the documents reported.

The figures, compiled by actuarials hired by the NFL, appeared to be the first public admission by the league that retired players incur brain damage more frequently than the general public. The report did not specify why the rates for retired players are significantly higher.

This. fucking. week.

jakncoke

Banned

Complain about the cafeteria food next

Villager is ridiculous in Smash Bros. I have a feeling he'll be pretty popular amongst the competitive scene. Demo is crisp overall, just wish they offered more than the five characters given and a stage besides battlefield.

Put in a bit more time and yeah, his moves are crazy. Still getting used to how the game plays since I haven't played a Smash Bros. since Melee.

xnipx

We still have a whole day for some new news to distract us from week 2 games.

Have there been any studies to see if nfl players are naturally more violent due to the shit they put in their bodies to help perform? I know brain damage is number 1 priority but that has to be a distant 2nd. I'm still surprised nothing happened to the pouncey brothers after what they did this summer
beat up a female and a gay dude in the club, no outrage from the public

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom