• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 4 |OT| Hell is Empty and All The Devils Are Here

I will still watch the pilot but I had a bad feeling about Gotham. Network television dramas are garbage. I watched a couple episodes of The Blacklist and my god, that show is fucking terrible. I have no idea where all the hype comes from.

Some people really love go nowhere, status quo procedurals.

Yup.

Seems to be a show that doesn't think it can survive on its premise so it has to name drop villains every 2 seconds.

I've always liked Donal Logue though. He was good and he had good chemistry with Gordon.
That's the issue. What's the premise? I don't get it at a conceptual level. If its a police procedural, then why do I care that its set in Gotham without Batman running around? Yay, you police a crappier version of NY city. Congrats. I can watch the latest iteration of Law and Order or NCIS if I wanted that.

If its name dropping villains - am I to understand that Gordon and Bullock are going to be going after the likes of the Riddler, Penguin and Joker down the line? If so, that's laughable and unsustainable to any realistic degree.

If the show wanted to go the Gotham Central comic route, it would make more sense. i.e. focus on the men and women of Gotham PD as they live in a city where Batman exists and you have all kinds of crazy villains running around already established, etc.

The *wink wink* villain cameos were SO bad. The Nigma one in particular just got a big fat eye roll out of me.

Also, Jada Pinkett Smith doing her worst Eartha Kitt impersonation didn't help the proceedings.

That's the issue. What's the premise? I don't get it at a conceptual level. If its a police procedural, then why do I care that its set in Gotham without Batman running around? Yay, you police a crappier version of NY city. Congrats. I can watch the latest iteration of Law and Order or NCIS if I wanted that.

If its name dropping villains - am I to understand that Gordon and Bullock are going to be going after the likes of the Riddler, Penguin and Joker down the line? If so, that's laughable and unsustainable to any realistic degree.

If the show wanted to go the Gotham Central comic route, it would make more sense. i.e. focus on the men and women of Gotham PD as they live in a city where Batman exists and you have all kinds of crazy villains running around already established, etc.

The *wink wink* villain cameos were SO bad. The Nigma one in particular just got a big fat eye roll out of me.
It seems to me that they're going to explore the slow descent of Gotham from bad city to "jesus christ, we need a billionaire in a cape to clean this crap up". Basically, try to justify how things could go that poorly.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem like it'll be very interesting or exciting.

Greg

Hey NFL-GAF bros!

My team sucks this year. Probabilistically speaking, yours probably does too, even if you haven't come to terms with it yet. But you know what doesn't suck?

Answer: This awesome book I wrote:

zepAKNv.png

Genre is fantasy, as you might expect from the description. It's short: a little under 100 pages. There's magic and maybe dragons.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NS9FOQK/?tag=neogaf0e-20

You should give it a look (those of you who can read: sorry Gata). It's the best book I've read all year!
Gotta support my NFL-GAF bros - just picked it up!

Narag

Hey NFL-GAF bros!

My team sucks this year. Probabilistically speaking, yours probably does too, even if you haven't come to terms with it yet. But you know what doesn't suck?

zepAKNv.png

Genre is fantasy, as you might expect from the description. It's short: a little under 100 pages. There's magic and maybe dragons.

You should give it a look (those of you who can read: sorry Gata). It's the best book I've read all year!

Done.

Bread

Banned
Hey NFL-GAF bros!

zepAKNv.png

Gotta support my nflgaf bros! I'll let you know what I think.

cajunator

Banned
Let this be a lesson. Nobody gives a fuck if a phone is made of metal, it can get bent, scratched, or dented. Plastic is a much more durable material to use.

jakncoke

Banned
Greg McElroy holds the record for yards lost due to sack in a game with 71 lol, Chad Henne against the Redskins this year finished 2nd with 70

It's alright. They'll bend over to give Apple more money next year when the 6s arrives with the bending issues resolved.

After Antennagate with Steve telling everybody how to hold their iPhone properly, maybe they'll start selling IPhone approved pants to keep it from bending.

Spinluck

I will still watch the pilot but I had a bad feeling about Gotham. Network television dramas are garbage. I watched a couple episodes of The Blacklist and my god, that show is fucking terrible. I have no idea where all the hype comes from.

It's the same reason I can't get into Arrow.

jakncoke

Banned
Do you get your jeans out of dumpsters?

I cant think of a witty comeback to this, so therefore I will deflect and remind you that your star wr is suspended 10 games.

The Fumble

You got your franchise stolen

You havent made the playoffs since 2004

The best qb in in the last 35 years was Bernie Kosar

Kellen Winslow Jr. missed a season attempted to ride a bike in a parking lot.

The fact that the steelers have beaten you like 35 times out 39 since 1994

The fact that since started high school you had to watch the Steelers win 2 super bowls

Crisco

Banned
Like anyone should be surprised. This is the company that brought us the one button mouse after all. It's always been form over function for them.

I cant think of a witty comeback to this, so therefore I will deflect and remind you that your star wr is suspended 10 games.

The Fumble

You got your franchise stolen

You havent made the playoffs since 2004

The best qb in in the last 35 years was Bernie Kosar

Kellen Winslow Jr. missed a season attempted to ride a bike in a parking lot.

The fact that the steelers have beaten you like 35 times out 39 since 1994

The fact that since started high school you had to watch the Steelers win 2 super bowls
Oh..

Oh, Jordan Staal broke his leg in a preseason game. Good thing I don't give a fuck about hockey or I'd be daydrinking right now.

At 8:30 in the morning.

Top Bottom