• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 4 |OT| Hell is Empty and All The Devils Are Here

cdyhybrid

Bills benching Manuel for Kyle Orton per multiple reports:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 8s
The #Bills announce that Kyle Orton will start at QB. 2013 first-rounder EJ Manuel has been benched.

Colts just cut him.

Someone post the .gif of him thrusting a bottle of Jack in the air!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Seems really premature to bench EJ but maybe that's just me. Kyle Orton is probably a better QB right this second but wow...

Bills gonna Bills I guess?

Bills benching Manuel for Kyle Orton per multiple reports:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 8s
The #Bills announce that Kyle Orton will start at QB. 2013 first-rounder EJ Manuel has been benched.

Colts just cut him.
:jnc Bills. That didn't take long.

Waste of a pick and to top it off they reached. Classic Bills move.

MechDX

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli · 1m
"I know that this game means a lot to Mr. McNair and this Texans’ organization. ... Houston vs. Dallas." O'Brien. #Texans #Cowboys

Yes Uncle Bob! Fuck the cowboys and their fans!

BTW we will probably lose this game

Fox318

Yes Uncle Bob! Fuck the cowboys and their fans!

BTW we will probably lose this game

S8ow3Hn.png
geRMFWW.jpg

I'm thinking about getting DirecTV but I'm skeptical. Two year contract which sucks and they only give you a price for the first year ($55). Any idea what to expect in year two? Also, any hidden fees I should know about? I might keep cable internet and switch just my TV provider for the Sunday Ticket.

eznark

Banned
I'm thinking about getting DirecTV but I'm skeptical. Two year contract which sucks and they only give you a price for the first year ($55). Any idea what to expect in year two? Also, any hidden fees I should know about? I might keep cable internet and switch just my TV provider for the Sunday Ticket.

I think my directv bill is like $200 a month, but I've never bothered trying to get deals or lower it or anything so I would imagine that's basically the upper limit with 3 receivers. Or maybe 4.

zychi

Banned
You can buy sunday ticket without direct tv. I have the mobile/internet version and it works great on my pc/ps3 and now xbone

MechDX

Too bad you don't get to play them in December!

One potential plus though: trap game for cowboys. Big win over the Saints yesterday and they play the Seahawks the week after us. Big time trap potential.

EJ Manuel benched?

This is like the opposite of Kubiak. Kubes would have at least waited half the season.

And then keep trying to sneak him back in while giving the middle finger to the owner

cdyhybrid

This is why these team remain garbage for years, giving up on your QB after 14 games lol..

Hard to say one way or another without being in meeting rooms, practice, etc. with him, but if he doesn't have it, he doesn't have it. Better to move on sooner rather than later if you're sure he's not the guy.

That said, it could be that he might succeed in a different situation, so who knows.

Colasante

I don't know if that's a good or bad decision by the Bills. They have a decent team, and the AFC East can be had, so maybe Orton is right for them this season. It does pretty much fuck up Manuel's future though.

gutshot

Everything I have read has me thinking the Eagles would give Sanchize a start.

The only way he starts this season is if Foles gets injured. And I don't see the Eagles bringing him back as a starter next year. If they decide to move on from Foles, they are going to want to bring in a young guy and probably someone who can better run the read option.

Fox318

The only way he starts this season is if Foles gets injured. And I don't see the Eagles bringing him back as a starter next year. If they decide to move on from Foles, they are going to want to bring in a young guy and probably someone who can better run the read option.

RG3?

Why waste 14 games? 14 fucking weeks to find out if the guy has "it" or not? How much do you need 5 years?
Depends on what the QB shows you. It isn't black and white. If finding a QB was a science, every team would hit on it without issue. Sometimes patience is rewarded. Some teams are more patient than others.

Part of the problem is teams have no patience and neither do fans. Remember when young QB's would sit behind a veteran for awhile before being throw in the fire? That's a foreign concept these days it seems.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Kyle Orton isn't winning a Super Bowl and isn't the quarterback of their future though.

I think the smart move would be to play EJ Manuel the rest of the season and then reevaluate in the giant chasm that is the off-season when these questions are asked and answered. That would give you 26 games or so of work to make an informed decision about whether to cut and/or trade your first round pick.

Unless the gameplan is to try and win 8 games this season or make a playoff spot to save their jobs.

I'm not a football expert and I'm sure someone like LJ would know better than I do.

Top Bottom