• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 4 |OT| Hell is Empty and All The Devils Are Here

Friends, you missed it

There was this Boston sports radio station streaming calls, and somebody called and asked the anchor, and I quote, "If you weren't being paid to watch this game, when would you have turned it off"

The anchor was silent for 5 full seconds, then stammered, then just gave up and sighed

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Darkest was right. Spoiled Patriots fans finally seeing how the other half lives and can't take it.

I'm a sports fan, my favorite sport to play and probably even watch (close with football) is basketball. I know how the other half lives there sir. I'm also a sox fan... though sadly my attention span has just faded in the fast few years, I'm really hoping speeding the game up brings me back like when I was a kid.

ShaneB

The way things are going this season... the Pats are going to put up 40 points on the Bengals in a SNF laugher.

Yes! I miss the old Chiefs / Raiders rivalry. It has kind of been meaningless for quite some time.

Raider hater for life ;)

I can only really hate teams that are good for so long. The Raiders have been a mess for so long.

AFCW-gaf is full of good people.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Rodgers has a terrible oline, no need for what ifs.

He also has- eddie lacy, randal cobb, and Jordy Nelson. Everyone of those players is more talented or capable than anyone on the team right now including Gronk, who isn't the same right now. I'm not convinced he ever will be.

edit- they are also 2-2 and Rodgers has largely under performed. He's also still mobile and it helps a little bit. Tom is a pure pocket passer, always has been. Team was supposed to be ready for this, and they failed to prepare.

edit edit- On top of all of this, the pats deffense is still significantly worse than that line. I will stand by that. I have never seen line play quite like this. It reminds me of that bears game where the giants just nearly killed Jay Cutler. Every single play, rush 4 and every guy is in Brady's face. he cannot play like that, ESPECIALLY when his weapons can't seperate for shit.

jbug617

Banned
Friends, you missed it

There was this Boston sports radio station streaming calls, and somebody called and asked the anchor, and I quote, "If you weren't being paid to watch this game, when would you have turned it off"

The anchor was silent for 5 full seconds, then stammered, then just gave up and sighed

Felger and Mazz is going to be crazy tomorrow. They love shitting on Bill's moves (trading back in the draft and being cheap etc).

ShaneB

So hows everyone doing? ��

Great! 2-2 in the SiF League, 4-0 in Stragglers. So things are well fantasy football wise.

Big Chiefs win that I'll write more about in the next thread... and been debating to trade in my ps4 for a Xbone.. but I really just want different controller, so who knows.

Listening to some new music for a peaceful night..Things are alright. I don't want to go to bed though :(

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Rodgers > brady right now

Nobody is arguing that. But Rodgers, Luck, Peyton, whoever the hell you wanna plug in, WOULD NOT succeed with this line, it's clear as day. If you don't agree that's fine, but try to push bias aside and open those eyes, it's fucking putrid.

Peyton after having an amazing season, was embarrasingly bad in the superbowl... because he was pushed off his spot. He had julius Thomas, D. Thomas, Decker, Welker, and a solid ground game, and he couldn't do a damn thing. If he was on this team he would be worse than Brady has been, I genuinely believe that, with where his arm strength is at, and his neck. Tom and Peyton being older definitely affects their ability to take pressure, Rodgers is better at this, and even he has been rattled quite a bit so far this year.

He also has- eddie lacy, randal cobb, and Jordy Nelson. Everyone of those players is more talented or capable than anyone on the team right now including Gronk, who isn't the same right now. I'm not convinced he ever will be.

edit- they are also 2-2 and Rodgers has largely under performed. He's also still mobile and it helps a little bit. Tom is a pure pocket passer, always has been. Team was supposed to be ready for this, and they failed to prepare.

edit edit- On top of all of this, the pats deffense is still significantly worse than that line. I will stand by that. I have never seen line play quite like this. It reminds me of that bears game where the giants just nearly killed Jay Cutler. Every single play, rush 4 and every guy is in Brady's face. he cannot play like that, ESPECIALLY when his weapons can't seperate for shit.

Rogers still has an arm though, he'd fair a lot better with those weapons then brady is right now, you're right in that everything else on your team isn't good either but brady has declined it's be obvious for a while and now with poor oline play he can't kill teams with quick passes.

Probably taken out of context. They just landed 6 or 7 hours ago, weren't in office today. Reggie doing him a favor and letting him know asap instead of waiting til tomorrow.

That's still something that should be done face-to-face, regardless of when the actual decision was made. It sucks being fired, but it's even worse when it's done over a phone, text, email, fax, or (space reserved for inevitable firing by skywriting)

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Msdstc may or may not be Tom Brady.

We know Greg is Aaron Rodgers so anything is possible.

Yup, I've been arguing for myself to be traded and that I'm in a pretty apparent decline. I've also argued that I could do far better than my wife.

said jaded and casual sports fans... Nobody will ever think this unless Rodgers wins 2 more. He very well might, but he got a late start so he doesn't have a fair shot. Tom in his prime is the best I've ever seen.

BigAT

Lol yeah ok.

grudenface.gif

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Rogers still has an arm though, he'd fair a lot better with those weapons then brady is right now, you're right in that everything else on your team isn't good either but brady has declined it's be obvious for a while and now with poor oline play he can't kill teams with quick passes.

When the hell did I argue he hasn't declined? Please go back and look. My point is that Brady would be FAR better than this if he had a line. If he had weapons and a line, the pats would be a top 5 offense as they have been year in and year out.

The point I'm trying to argue though is that the crap they've put around him has made things look far worse than they are for him, himself as a QB. There is nobody, and I genuinely believe this, that you could plug into this system right now and have success.

JABEE

Yup, I've been arguing for myself to be traded and that I'm in a pretty apparent decline. I've also argued that I could do far better than my wife.

said jaded and casual sports fans... Nobody will ever think this unless Rodgers wins 2 more. He very well might, but he got a late start so he doesn't have a fair shot. Tom in his prime is the best I've ever seen.

Continue to call me names. That doesn't make Tom Brady any better. Brady had a great career. Football is a team game. Greatness isn't measured by rings alone. I would take Rodgers over any iteration of Brady.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Rodgers would succeed with this Pats team. Tom Brady from 4 years ago would have too.

Rodgers isn't even succeeding with his own team right now. I continue to question if you even watch football.

edit-
Continue to call me names. That doesn't make Tom Brady any better. Brady had a great career. Football is a team game. Greatness isn't measured by rings alone. I would take Rodgers over any iteration of Brady.

Outside of "name calling", I'm stating facts. Nobody in the business will look back and realistically think "hey Aaron was the guy over Brady", it would be Tom first, Peyton second, and then you argue for Brees, Rodgers, etc. This is an absolute fact. This may change if Aaron can win a few more bowls. We'll see how he does going forward, I think he's currently the best QB in the league.

JABEE

That's just not true. I know people hate the pats and brady and want to take advantage of this to shit on them, but lets at least be real here.

Brady has had shit defenses before. The Patriots are probably still going to make the playoffs. I will concede that he wouldn't have won the Super Bowl, but I think they definitely wouldn't lose a game like this. Brady is not the same QB.

mackaveli

When the hell did I argue he hasn't declined? Please go back and look. My point is that Brady would be FAR better than this if he had a line. If he had weapons and a line, the pats would be a top 5 offense as they have been year in and year out.

The point I'm trying to argue though is that the crap they've put around him has made things look far worse than they are for him, himself as a QB. There is nobody, and I genuinely believe this, that you could plug into this system right now and have success.

Why did Brady restructure his deal. I thought it was to improve the team but it seems like they didn't even spend those savings from Brady's contract.

Brady has had shit defenses before. The Patriots are probably still going to make the playoffs. I will concede that he wouldn't have won the Super Bowl, but I think they definitely wouldn't lose a game like this. Brady is not the same QB.

It's not just the defense. It's the whole team. I honestly don't think the team is as bad as they're playing and I hope they get their shit together. On paper its a better team than last year. But plug any elite QB into that team tonight and you've got a similar game.

Ok taking your argument alone I would say Rogers would have had a better night today then brady did, would he have continued success? I don't know as you've pointed out rogers hasn't looked good on his own team, but brady was a special kind of awful tonight and it wasn't all on his shitty team.

Edit: I would love to keep the discussion going but I have to finish up some hw and then get to bed, see ya'll tomorrow and #Phinsup #firephilbin #fuckthepats
#FUGATA

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Why did Brady restructure his deal. I thought it was to improve the team but it seems like they didn't even spend those savings from Brady's contract.

He took a team friendly deal to get one of his best weapons resigned... what did they do? They let him walk and spent that money on Danny shitty Amendola. On top of resigning wes he was probably hoping we could land Jennings, Bowe, ANYBODY, instead we let more people go including Lloyd. After Hernandez was arrested, I was convinced they would be forced to open the checkbook, spend some of that money Tom saved them. Nope.

Top Bottom