• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 4 |OT| Hell is Empty and All The Devils Are Here

JABEE

Rodgers isn't even succeeding with his own team right now. I continue to question if you even watch football.

Rodgers team right now is nowhere near as good as Brady's teams during the dynasty seasons. Rodgers's line is complete shit and Lacy hasn't shown up at all. Rodgers has Jordy Nelson and Cobb, but Brady has succeeded with great receivers just like Rodgers has. I take Rodgers over Brady.

Rodgers won a legit Super Bowl. He can make all the throws. He can work behind lines that are complete shit. Brady had great lines during the dynasty seasons.

I take Rodgers. I've watched both these teams. I would trust Rodgers in the playoffs before I would trust Brady. There was one time when it was close, but not anymore. I've seen Brady over the years wilt under pressure against teams like the Ravens that make him uncomfortable in the pocket. I still have faith in Rodgers. Rodgers is probably the best QB in the league. Manning is really close too.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Ok taking your argument alone I would say Rogers would have had a better night today then brady did, would he have continued success? I don't know as you've pointed out rogers hasn't looked good on his own team, but brady was a special kind of awful tonight and it wasn't all on his shitty team.

Sure Rodgers may have a better night here and there. Tom had 2 INTs... so? He clearly had checked out mentally by the time it happened. Rodgers may be able to roll out, run for a first down here and there, but at the end of the day, Lafell would've dropped a pass, Rodgers would've been sacked A LOT, Amendola would not show up at all, Gronk would be limited and utterly human, and there would be no semblance of a running game. Aaron is also sitting at 2-2 right now.

He took a team friendly deal to get one of his best weapons resigned... what did they do? They let him walk and spent that money on Danny shitty Amendola. On top of resigning wes he was probably hoping we could land Jennings, Bowe, ANYBODY, instead we let more people go including Lloyd. After Hernandez was arrested, I was convinced they would be forced to open the checkbook, spend some of that money Tom saved them. Nope.

To be fair, Lloyd left to pursue other opportunities

Godslay

Banned
The way things are going this season... the Pats are going to put up 40 points on the Bengals in a SNF laugher.

I can only really hate teams that are good for so long. The Raiders have been a mess for so long.

AFCW-gaf is full of good people.

It's okay to hate the Raiders. It's an AFCW tradition. Even when they are bad!

Now do we hope they get better so we can hate them with full effort? Indeed.

They expect it, as it's their role in the jungle.

Nobody is arguing that. But Rodgers, Luck, Peyton, whoever the hell you wanna plug in, WOULD NOT succeed with this line, it's clear as day. If you don't agree that's fine, but try to push bias aside and open those eyes, it's fucking putrid.

Peyton after having an amazing season, was embarrasingly bad in the superbowl... because he was pushed off his spot. He had julius Thomas, D. Thomas, Decker, Welker, and a solid ground game, and he couldn't do a damn thing. If he was on this team he would be worse than Brady has been, I genuinely believe that, with where his arm strength is at, and his neck. Tom and Peyton being older definitely affects their ability to take pressure, Rodgers is better at this, and even he has been rattled quite a bit so far this year.

Peyton wouldn't be as good as he is now with that line, this much is obvious. He sure as hell would get rid of the ball and make better decisions then Brady has thus far.

In terms of Manning's neck and arm, it's less of an issue today than it was a year ago. His arm strength this year is better than it was last year. The ball is coming out with more zip. It's one thing that he focused on this year with the strength coach, and you can see it in games.

As far as the Superbowl, the team as a whole dug their own grave and Manning helped to cover up the corpse. They were all bad that day minus Nate Irving and DT.

I disagree that Manning would be worse than Brady on that team. Simply because he's really never been worse than Brady.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Rodgers team right now is nowhere near as good as Brady's teams during the dynasty seasons. Rodgers's line is complete shit and Lacy hasn't shown up at all. Rodgers has Jordy Nelson and Cobb, but Brady has succeeded with great receivers just like Rodgers has. I take Rodgers over Brady.

Rodgers won a legit Super Bowl. He can make all the throws. He can work behind lines that are complete shit. Brady had great lines during the dynasty seasons.

I take Rodgers. I've watched both these teams. I would trust Rodgers in the playoffs before I would trust Brady. There was one time when it was close, but not anymore. I've seen Brady over the years wilt under pressure against teams like the Ravens that make him uncomfortable in the pocket. I still have faith in Rodgers. Rodgers is probably the best QB in the league. Manning is really close too.

Brady has had 1 legitimate GREAT reciever in his entire career for what 2 years of his career? He won 3 superbowls with David givens, david patten, and Deion Branch for a very little time. Also btw the packers won the superbowl with Charles woodson winning DPOTY, and Clay Matthews playing outstanding. They had a solid defense that year. He also had a great arsenal of weapons, they went 15-1 the next year for a reason, they were stacked, even though there was a decline in woodson and clay.

Aaron is in his low 30s and still in his prime, anybody with a brain takes Aaron. But you will be in the great minority if you genuinely believe Aaron to be better than Tom or Peyton 10-15 years from now. Whether you like it or not, it's going to be- Montana, Tom, and Peyton as the top 3 in no particular order, and the majority of that if all things ended today? 1. Montana 2. Brady 3. Peyton. You're way too into what have you done for me lately.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
It's okay to hate the Raiders. It's an AFCW tradition. Even when they are bad!

Now do we hope they get better so we can hate them with full effort? Indeed.

They expect it, as it's their role in the jungle.

Peyton wouldn't be as good as he is now with that line, this much is obvious. He sure as hell would get rid of the ball and make better decisions then Brady has thus far.

In terms of Manning's neck and arm, it's less of an issue today than it was a year ago. His arm strength this year is better than it was last year. The ball is coming out with more zip. It's one thing that he focused on this year with the strength coach, and you can see it in games.

As far as the Superbowl, the team as a whole dug their own grave and Manning helped to cover up the corpse. They were all bad that day minus Nate Irving and DT.

I disagree that Manning would be worse than Brady on that team. Simply because he's really never been worse than Brady.

Manning looked fucking awful in the SB. "the whole team" give me a break, the whole team has dug themselves a grave in New England as well. Peyton is throwing to a top 5 tight end, a top 5 receiver, and outside of those options a couple of border line pro-bowler. Peyton would be just as bad on this team, he's always struggled in a big way under pressure as has every quarterback ever basically, ESPECIALLY old guys.

JABEE

Brady has had 1 legitimate GREAT reciever in his entire career for what 2 years of his career? He won 3 superbowls with David givens, david patten, and Deion Branch for a very little time. Also btw the packers won the superbowl with Charles woodson winning DPOTY, and Clay Matthews playing outstanding. They had a solid defense that year. He also had a great arsenal of weapons, they went 15-1 the next year for a reason, they were stacked, even though there was a decline in woodson and clay.

Aaron is in his low 30s and still in his prime, anybody with a brain takes Aaron. But you will be in the great minority if you genuinely believe Aaron to be better than Tom or Peyton 10-15 years from now. Whether you like it or not, it's going to be- Montana, Tom, and Peyton as the top 3 in no particular order, and the majority of that if all things ended today? 1. Montana 2. Brady 3. Peyton. You're way too into what have you done for me lately.

No. Peyton was always better than Tom Brady. When it's all said and done, Brady won't be above Rodgers, but I will relent and say he deserves to be in the conversation with a few other QBs after Montana and Manning. I'm also happy you put Montana above Brady.

BigAT

Fuck Eli Manning

eli-dealwithitzokr0.gif

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
No. Peyton was always better than Tom Brady. When it's all said and done, Brady won't be above Rodgers, but I will relent and say he deserves to be in the conversation with a few other QBs after Montana and Manning. I'm also happy you put Montana above Brady.

Lol you're flat out wrong I'm sorry. Maybe you're only exposure to the NFL is NFL gaf, but the rest of the world will absolutely put Tom above Peyton. Every expert picks them. Are they right or wrong? Well I don't disagree with them, but I can see why some would pick peyton. That being said Tom has consistently done what peyton has done with signficantly less on the offensive side. Reggie Wayne is lighting it up as he always has with a different QB, Pierre Garcon is a top tier receiver on his own, Marvin Harrison was already a good player, edgerrin James was already a great player. David Givens, David Patten, Reche Caldwell, Deion Branch, all failed to do anything with anybody outside of Tom, because they sucked.

edit- I was speaking to your rodgers thing though, he won't sniff the top 3 lists for a very large majority of the people, that is a fact.

JABEE

Lol you're flat out wrong I'm sorry. Maybe you're only exposure to the NFL is NFL gaf, but the rest of the world will absolutely put Tom above Peyton. Every expert picks them. Are they right or wrong? Well I don't disagree with them, but I can see why some would pick peyton. That being said Tom has consistently done what peyton has done with signficantly less on the offensive side. Reggie Wayne is lighting it up as he always has with a different QB, Pierre Garcon is a top tier receiver on his own, Marvin Harrison was already a good player, edgerrin James was already a great player. David Givens, David Patten, Reche Caldwell, Deion Branch, all failed to do anything with anybody outside of Tom, because they sucked.

edit- I was speaking to your rodgers thing though, he won't sniff the top 3 lists for a very large majority of the people, that is a fact.

Brady goes down and Matt Cassel goes 11-5.

Manning goes down and his team goes 2-14.

Yeah but you lost to a team that have up 56 points

Steelers are coming to the end of the wilderness. Pats are just entering. Have fun.

Ben looks like he's bounced back a bit, but his days of winning are long gone with that group, but credit to him, I really thought his body would've failed by now, it's somehow holding on.

I agree that Ben's Super Bowl days are likely over (the Super Bowl is a young QB's game) but I never bought that body giving out crap. That said nice to get some 16 game seasons out of Ben.

Clockwork5

All of this GOAT QB talk makes me happy that the Chiefs have Smith. Low ego, high results. I know these other QBs have rings but right now I cant think of many QBs I would rather have than Alex. He is a really high level game manager with the potential to surprise folks a few times per game. Rarely throws game killing picks and gets the team down the field.

come at me

JABEE

Did you forget that same team went 18-1?

Brady's team was still a great team without him. Manning was his team.

I know Luck came in the next year and won, but I think Luck is a great QB too. I just think Manning is the 2nd best. Manning does so much for his teams in terms of calling plays making decisions at the line. If Manning would have went to the Niners, I think he would have won another Super Bowl.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Brady goes down and Matt Cassel goes 11-5.

Manning goes down and his team goes 2-14.

Matt Cassell had the 2 best receivers of all time, a top 10 defense, and a team that had just gone 18-1 the season before. His competition included the 1-15 dolphins that ALSO went 11-5 like the pats, and then back to trash the year after, showing you how cupcake the schedule was. Matt Cassel went on to have a moderately decent season in Kansas City.

Meanwhile the Colts did everything they could in order to tank the season, signing a clearly unmotivated and depleted (out of retirement) kerry collins, who then passed the reigns to curtis fucking painter, who is the worst QB I've ever watched... literally. On top of this their defense was a total mess, and they played in a tougher division than the absolute shit storm trio that was the AFC east that year. They also had Jim LOLadwell who was the perfect tank commander.

If tom was in that year we probably would've repeated that 16-0, outside of maybe that wildcat game.

Hunter S.

I was looking at the stats of Eric Decker this year without Peyton Manning. Decker is looking like he will have a much worse year without Peyton. A year that looks closer to his year playing with Tim Tebow.

NYJ (projected) Tebow Peyton (last year) Peyton's 1st year as a Bronco

Rec 56 ; 44 ; 87 ; 85
Yds 816 ; 612 ; 1,288 ; 1,064
TD 8 ; 8 ; 11 ; 13

Edit: Fuck my horrible computer skills

All of this GOAT QB talk makes me happy that the Chiefs have Smith. Low ego, high results. I know these other QBs have rings but right now I cant think of many QBs I would rather have than Alex. He is a really high level game manager with the potential to surprise folks a few times per game. Rarely throws game killing picks and gets the team down the field.

come at me

no one is going to come at you because can't no one step to King Alex!

i only hope krapernick takes a few notes this weekend as alex shreds us to pieces and then ravages me after the game!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Steelers are coming to the end of the wilderness. Pats are just entering. Have fun.

I agree that Ben's Super Bowl days are likely over (the Super Bowl is a young QB's game) but I never bought that body giving out crap. That said nice to get some 16 game seasons out of Ben.

I mean right to opinions and all, but the dude takes a monsterous beating year in and year out. He's a big guy, so he can take it, but injuries to your cartilage and spine do take a toll. His knee from what it sounds like is pretty worn down, and his ribs are probably all fucked up, and he's probably got some seirous back issues. He takes too much of a beating to hold up as long as some others.

Top Bottom