• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 4 |OT| Hell is Empty and All The Devils Are Here

All of this GOAT QB talk makes me happy that the Chiefs have Smith. Low ego, high results. I know these other QBs have rings but right now I cant think of many QBs I would rather have than Alex. He is a really high level game manager with the potential to surprise folks a few times per game. Rarely throws game killing picks and gets the team down the field.

come at me

high results = wild card choke job.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I was looking at the stats of Eric Decker this year without Peyton Manning. Decker is looking like he will have a much worse year without Peyton. A year that looks closer to his year playing with Tim Tebow.

NYJ (projected) Tebow Peyton (last year) Peyton's 1st year as a Bronco

Rec 56 44 87 85
Yds 816 612 1,288 1,064
TD 8 8 11 13

I think everybody saw that coming, he's playing with arguably the current worst starter in the league.

no one is going to come at you because can't no one step to King Alex!

i only hope krapernick takes a few notes this weekend as alex shreds us to pieces and then ravages me after the game!

How does it feel knowing that you guys could of been back to back SB champs going for a 3peat if yall just trust the great Alex!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
no one is going to come at you because can't no one step to King Alex!

i only hope krapernick takes a few notes this weekend as alex shreds us to pieces and then ravages me after the game!

Kaep is absolute trash, but don't forget this team has been largely mediocre. Tonight is the outlier, the pats are in shambles right now, Chiefs will come back to earth.

JABEE

That's Indy's fault for not building a team.

The Patriots always surrounded Brady with talent on either side of the ball. The notion that Brady was in it alone during their championship years or the two Giants losses is a joke. That's why I was calling it out. Brady had good surrounding talent.

Football isn't only about how many pro bowls your receivers go to.

Godslay

Banned
As usual, you speak the truth.

We've got to get ShaneB trained up in the AFCW traditions.

Manning looked fucking awful in the SB. "the whole team" give me a break, the whole team has dug themselves a grave in New England as well. Peyton is throwing to a top 5 tight end, a top 5 receiver, and outside of those options a couple of border line pro-bowler. Peyton would be just as bad on this team, he's always struggled in a big way under pressure as has every quarterback ever basically, ESPECIALLY old guys.

You don't lose 43-8 by one guy sucking it up. Seattle beat up the entire Broncos team including forcing Manning to make bad decisions. I'm not deflecting any blame off of Manning as he decided to play his worst game all year.

The talent was certainly in Denver before Manning came. Once he got here though he helped make those guys into top 5 in their position. I think we can safely say that Manning helped them realize their potential.

As far as Manning being as bad with your team who knows? We could go back and forth all night with this. Good thing for Broncos fans is that we don't really have to concern ourselves with that reality. That's the benefit of having a VP that knows what it requires to be successful under center.

The Patriots always surrounded Brady with talent on either side of the ball. The notion that Brady was in it alone during their championship years or the two Giants losses is a joke. That's why I was calling it out. Brady had good surrounding talent.

I don't understand what's being argued

MRSA

Banned
Tebow be praised Dennis Allen fired!!1111

Fuck you Gata!

EDIT: Although I assume Sparano will take over......that would still suck.

Fuck you Dutch!

It's true. People joke and say Brady is 3-0 when cheating and 0-2 without cameras, but really it's Brady is 3-0 with good defense and 0-2 with meh defense.

Defense wins championship!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
We've got to get ShaneB trained up in the AFCW traditions.

You don't lose 43-8 by one guy sucking it up. Seattle beat up the entire Broncos team including forcing Manning to make bad decisions. I'm not deflecting any blame off of Manning as he decided to play his worst game all year.

The talent was certainly in Denver before Manning came. Once he got here though he helped make those guys into top 5 in their position. I think we can safely say that Manning helped them realize their potential.

As far as Manning being as bad with your team who knows? We could go back and forth all night with this. Good thing for Broncos fans is that we don't really have to concern ourselves with that reality. That's the benefit of having a VP that knows what it requires to be successful under center.

I never said it was all on Manning, I just think it's funny that when the tables are flipped you put it all on Tom. BTW you don't lose 41-14 due to one guy. Our team flat out BLEW tonight. Tom was bad, but we are out of it long before tom threw those picks. All I know is that peyton was responsible for putting his team in a hole on the first damn drive and they never recovered.

I'm not going to get in a Tom vs. Peyton argument, it's not the time or place for that. All I'm saying is, with a little perspective and common sense, It's clear why Tom has fallen off the cliff the way he is... the team fucking sucks, plain and simple.

Nobody argues they won it alone, but People do argue that Peyton had enough to win those years, and lost them himself. Tom could've done more in those 2 superbowls sure. That being said The GMing has been an absolute shit show since 07, a total disaster pretty much across the board, outside of 1 draft.

JABEE

I don't understand what's being argued

It's being argued that Manning wasn't as good as Brady because he had more weapons.

Brady, Manning, and Rodgers have all had weapons during their careers.

Brady has always had great line-play and during the early years good defensive play.

Manning has had great weapons at receiver and less on defense.

Rodgers has been a mix of good/shit on defense, great weapons, and shit line-play.

It's being argued that Manning wasn't as good as Brady because he had more weapons.

Brady has always had great line-play and during the early years good defensive play.

Rodgers has been a mix of good/shit on defense, great weapons, and shit line-play.
Oh ok

That's still something that should be done face-to-face, regardless of when the actual decision was made. It sucks being fired, but it's even worse when it's done over a phone, text, email, fax, or (space reserved for inevitable firing by skywriting)

I agree, but in this case I think it's just 2 guys who have worked together closely for almost 3 years and by all accounts have a good relationship being informal and having a conversation over the phone. Sure he could have waited until tomorrow, but maybe he wanted to put the guy out of his misery or maybe Allen shot him a text, saying "yo am I fired bro?" Either way I don't think it's as scandal-worthy as the media are hyping it up to be.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

You have trouble with reading comprehension don't you?

What's being argued is whether or not anybody could succeed with this pats team righ tnow. Because of the immense success Tom is a big target, so of course people are gonna love his fall, but it's foolish to think that the pats are where they are because of him and his decline alone. If they had a good line in front of him (or at least competent), and a receiver who knew how to catch a football, then they would be 4-0 right now, or at worst 3-1.

MRSA

Banned

What's being argued is whether or not anybody could succeed with this pats team righ tnow. Because of the immense success Tom is a big target, so of course people are gonna love his fall, but it's foolish to think that the pats are where they are because of him and his decline alone. If they had a good line in front of him (or at least competent), and a receiver who knew how to catch a football, then they would be 4-0 right now, or at worst 3-1.

Hey

Shut up

FMT, you promised me that the Eagles would win on Sunday. :(

we did our part brah!

i have nothing to back it up, but i'm assuming there has never been a previous game in NFL history that a team gave up a punt block td, then taint, then PR TD and still win the game. we served it up to you but you wouldn't take it!

JABEE

Okay. Yes, if the Pats had a better line and more quality receivers, they would be a better team.

I think the Pats are a better team with Manning or Rodgers at QB without other improvements.

I understand exactly what you're saying. Why are you being so condescending?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Shit, it's hard to believe that the Chiefs are the loudest fans now.

*goes to read entire Rodgers conversation*

The long and short here.

Nobody would succeed with what the pats are putting out there right now.
some say rodgers would fare better. I say he's 2-2 with a similar situation, slightly better line, and far better weapons.
Somehow turns into "well rodgers better than Brady now" I agree, even though I'm accused of not agreeing? Also accused of saying Brady is better than montana, definitely don't remember saying that.
I agree Rodgers is better now, but Brady will be a top 3 when all is said and done, just can't say that yet about Aaron, he may, but he has to win 1 or 2 more to be in the conversation, for now- brady montana, and peyton are the only ones realistically there.

Oh man, today's game was harder to watch than the AFC Championship game earlier this year.

Nothing worked right. I know Brady is in the spotlight for playing like shit but nothing worked. Defense is still a joke with all those missed tackles.

Miami seems to be doing pretty great, we might still make it to the playoffs with some luck but I can see this year is going to be harsh.

JABEE

we did our part brah!

i have nothing to back it up, but i'm assuming there has never been a previous game in NFL history that a team gave up a punt block td, then taint, then PR TD and still win the game. we served it up to you but you wouldn't take it!

On the broadcast, they were saying something like teams being 72-1-1 when that happened. :jnc

Hopefully we can right the ship against the Rams. I think I'm ready for the next OT.

The long and short here.

Nobody would succeed with what the pats are putting out there right now.
some say rodgers would fare better. I say he's 2-2 with a similar situation, slightly better line, and far better weapons.
Somehow turns into "well rodgers better than Brady now" I agree, even though I'm accused of not agreeing? Also accused of saying Brady is better than montana, definitely don't remember saying that.
I agree Rodgers is better now, but Brady will be a top 3 when all is said and done, just can't say that yet about Aaron, he may, but he has to win 1 or 2 more to be in the conversation, for now- brady montana, and peyton are the only ones realistically there.

brady and peypey should not be in the conversation with montana i'm sorry. maybe if you want to talk about best regular season QB's or something then that's fine. but if that's the conversation then steve young is better than both peypey and brady. if playoffs factor into it there is no competition: montana obliterates every other QB in NFL history. not even close and not worth comparing!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Okay. Yes, if the Pats had a better line and more quality receivers, they would be a better team.

I think the Pats are a better team with Manning or Rodgers at QB without other improvements.

I understand exactly what you're saying. Why are you being so condescending?

That's fine if you believe that, there's no way of knowing for sure. What I do know when peyton was pressured in a similar fashion and his defense failed him? They got blown the fuck out on the biggest stage in sports today.

Rodgers would do a little better due to his mobility, but we've never seen Rodgers play without offensive weapons, or at least as depleted as the pats are, and that minor improvement in Rodgers wouldn't put this team anywhere near "contending" I don't think the packers, who are in far better position, are a contender either.

MRSA

Banned
Its so hostile in here, let me fix that:

hKW0xASl.jpg

Wxm4doZl.jpg

Greg

Rodgers would succeed on that team

Flynn would succeed on that team

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
brady and peypey should not be in the conversation with montana i'm sorry. maybe if you want to talk about best regular season QB's or something then that's fine. but if that's the conversation then steve young is better than both peypey and brady. if playoffs factor into it there is no competition: montana obliterates every other QB in NFL history. not even close and not worth comparing!

Unfortunately for you, they are both already in that conversation on a very regular basis, and I'll say it again and I'm really not trying to spark the argument, but the majority by a large margin put Tom above Peyton. Peytons run last year ending the way it did may have made things even worse for his legacy.

Godslay

Banned
Matt Cassell had the 2 best receivers of all time, a top 10 defense, and a team that had just gone 18-1 the season before. His competition included the 1-15 dolphins that ALSO went 11-5 like the pats, and then back to trash the year after, showing you how cupcake the schedule was. Matt Cassel went on to have a moderately decent season in Kansas City.

Meanwhile the Colts did everything they could in order to tank the season, signing a clearly unmotivated and depleted (out of retirement) kerry collins, who then passed the reigns to curtis fucking painter, who is the worst QB I've ever watched... literally. On top of this their defense was a total mess, and they played in a tougher division than the absolute shit storm trio that was the AFC east that year. They also had Jim LOLadwell who was the perfect tank commander.

If tom was in that year we probably would've repeated that 16-0, outside of maybe that wildcat game.

Whines about Tom never having weapons, then proceeds to tell us Cassell was blessed with such gifts. Can't play both sides here dude.

I never said it was all on Manning, I just think it's funny that when the tables are flipped you put it all on Tom. BTW you don't lose 41-14 due to one guy. Our team flat out BLEW tonight. Tom was bad, but we are out of it long before tom threw those picks. All I know is that peyton was responsible for putting his team in a hole on the first damn drive and they never recovered.

I'm not going to get in a Tom vs. Peyton argument, it's not the time or place for that. All I'm saying is, with a little perspective and common sense, It's clear why Tom has fallen off the cliff the way he is... the team fucking sucks, plain and simple.

Nobody argues they won it alone, but People do argue that Peyton had enough to win those years, and lost them himself. Tom could've done more in those 2 superbowls sure. That being said The GMing has been an absolute shit show since 07, a total disaster pretty much across the board, outside of 1 draft.

I never put it all on Tom. The whole team is playing shitty. I'll readily put blame on Manning for the Superbowl loss. Yet, the defense couldn't stop Wilson, and the special teams let Harvin naik the coffin shut. The Broncos and Manning blew it that day, no denial from me. Why can't you do the same and admit Brady is just as much to blame as anyone else tonight?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Greg, save us from this thread.

Serious question, why am I not allowed to lay out facts supporting the pats? Is it because I'm a pats fan? Seriously does my liking the pats really get you that mad? I don't sit here and make a case for why the eagles are a terrible franchise, although that would be as easy as it comes. I know this thread is largely a joke, but it's also nice to talk actual sports/football outside of "hurrrdurrr tom brady sucks".

Unfortunately for you, they are both already in that conversation on a very regular basis, and I'll say it again and I'm really not trying to spark the argument, but the majority by a large margin put Tom above Peyton. Peytons run last year ending the way it did may have made things even worse for his legacy.

but they are in the conversation because they are current. just take a look at everything and you will see that there is really no competition even though people want to make the comparison.

Top Bottom