• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 4 |OT| Hell is Empty and All The Devils Are Here

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Whines about Tom never having weapons, then proceeds to tell us Cassell was blessed with such gifts. Can't play both sides here dude.

I never put it all on Tom. The whole team is playing shitty. I'll readily put blame on Manning for the Superbowl loss. Yet, the defense couldn't stop Wilson, and the special teams let Harvin naik the coffin shut. The Broncos and Manning blew it that day, no denial from me. Why can't you do the same and admit Brady is just as much to blame as anyone else tonight?

Go back and look, but the argument you started with was, Peyton would fare better, because? My counter was that he's been in that situation before and he actually did worse than tom has to this point.

Show me where I whined that Tom never had weapons. I pointed out that he had mostly shit tier guys in the dynasty years, but he still put up numbers VERY similar to Peyton. When he finally got some weapons he surpassed Peyton, it's not a coincidence. He carried this success when we had that magical draft and landed gronk/hernandez. He set multiple records over the next few years, despite not having a legitimate outside threat. My whole point is that the GMing has dropped the ball time and time again, outside of a few lucky breaks this team should not have had the success they have with the way bill and kraft have handled the personell.

Elway has crushed it on the other hand, knowing that it's crucial to maximize your aging superstar since you'll never have them again.

edit- I've also been lobbying for a trade of Tom from day 1, for the betterment of both teams. It will make us significantly worse in the short term. If we put just about anybody else out there people would see just how bad this unit is. I really hope it gets to that point in terms of getting Jimmy out there to start a game. The overreactions in this thread are insane.

JABEE

Serious question, why am I not allowed to lay out facts supporting the pats? Is it because I'm a pats fan? Seriously does my liking the pats really get you that mad? I don't sit here and make a case for why the eagles are a terrible franchise, although that would be as easy as it comes. I know this thread is largely a joke, but it's also nice to talk actual sports/football outside of "hurrrdurrr tom brady sucks".

I was making a joke. You notice earlier in this thread I was talking about enjoying where this thread was going.

It's mostly because you came in here and managed to call me "an idiot," "jaded," and a "casual fan" who doesn't watch football in the matter of a few hours. You can say those things if you would like. I was just trying to joke about my current position.

Clockwork5

So Dallas is off to a good start. Are they going to break some hearts this season or are they legit? Is the NFC East making a turn around?

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
I'm too lazy to look up the numbers, but Rodgers may have had a better team than at least 2 of Brady's three. They just had to heal for the playoffs.

"I eat ass" is the best pick up line of all time. It's a 100% success rate. Even if they look disgusted and walk away, just wait 30 minutes when their girlfriends are in the bathroom they are going to come back to you slipping a number/address.

Godslay

Banned
Brady has had 1 legitimate GREAT reciever in his entire career for what 2 years of his career? He won 3 superbowls with David givens, david patten, and Deion Branch for a very little time.

You can't say he's only had one great receiver, then turn around and say Cassell had 2 of the greatest WRs of all time. Contradictions.

Go back and look, but the argument you started with was, Peyton would fare better, because? My counter was that he's been in that situation before and he actually did worse than tom has to this point.

Show me where I whined that Tom never had weapons. I pointed out that he had mostly shit tier guys in the dynasty years, but he still put up numbers VERY similar to Peyton. When he finally got some weapons he surpassed Peyton, it's not a coincidence. He carried this success when we had that magical draft and landed gronk/hernandez. He set multiple records over the next few years, despite not having a legitimate outside threat. My whole point is that the GMing has dropped the ball time and time again, outside of a few lucky breaks this team should not have had the success they have with the way bill and kraft have handled the personell.

Elway has crushed it on the other hand, knowing that it's crucial to maximize your aging superstar since you'll never have them again.

I guess we'll never know. Hopefully Peyton rides out a champion and we can send him off in the sunset. If not maybe he'll know when his time is up and we can remember him for being he best overall QB in this era. No matter how many rings he has.

With that I'm off!

you obviously havent been around me or fmt if this is news to you

we been at it for years

It's been mentioned here or there, but now with the lack of a new thread and the implosion of the pats and continuation of it all...y'all have risen out of the ashes to build something new.

I'm all in support of Daddario's...Nobody should say no to that shit.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I was making a joke. You notice earlier in this thread I was talking about enjoying where this thread was going.

It's mostly because you came in here and managed to call me "an idiot," "jaded," and a "casual fan" who doesn't watch football in the matter of a few hours. You can say those things if you would like. I was just trying to joke about my current position.

I'll admit the "idiot" thing was too far on looking back on it, should've found a better word. But you chose to engage in a discussion/argument when you started arguing as Aaron as the better QB, instead of replying with an actual argument, you bitched out and took the easy and precanned "lol asterisks". I've heard and ignored the argument a million times, because I understand most people who actually watch football understand why spygate was a mere case of getting unfortunate to be caught, however it had no significant bearing on their success.

Other people however will genuinely argue it and post "lol 3-0 before spygate, 0-2 after". This is for 1 of 2 reasons. 1. They're a casual heard they "cheated" and assumed they did, even though no asterisk was ever applied and no action taken outside of that 1 game in 2007. They also probably saw the south park episode. or 2. They're a bitter fan who lost during that time- typically panthers, eagles, or rams fans. It's easy to blame someone it's like the same people who cry "ohhh it was fixed!" or "ohhh the refs", but at the end of the day, the scoreboard is the scoreboard.

I've had 2 arguments in this thread regarding the subject and I had already engaged in an argument, shot down the argument but instead of thinking of an actual response you went with "lolcheaters". That's fine during tonights game we got a nice reminder that the pats won 3 in 4 years and are always talked about as a dynasty and one of the best there was at that ;). Maybe if you keep saying it, it will make it come true.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
You can't say he's only had one great receiver, then turn around and say Cassell had 2 of the greatest WRs of all time. Contradictions.

I guess we'll never know. Hopefully Peyton rides out a champion and we can send him off in the sunset. If not maybe he'll know when his time is up and we can remember him for being he best overall QB in this era. No matter how many rings he has.

With that I'm off!

My fault, I did word that poorly as possible. I definitely think welker in his prime was GREAT, but he's more of a weapon. Tom did do great things with him though, and he actually had him for an extended period of time. I would've loved to see how he would've done had he stayed healthy with a prime randy for a stretch.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
What team could Brady lead to a championship, right now? He would have to play on a team with a dominant defense. He's not winning a game with his arm right now.

We can all agree, Today was a good day.

good-day.gif

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
What team could Brady lead to a championship, right now? He would have to play on a team with a dominant defense. He's not winning a game with his arm right now.

You could make this case for any QB. Russell Wilson was solid, but far from elite last year. He would be a contender on a good chunk of other teams or make that team better right now. He's not the guaranteed top 3 or 4 guy he was, but he's at the very least top 10 still. He doesn't turn the ball over a lot, he can run the shit out of a 2 minute drill, and he has great field vision despite what he's shown. There is no consistency or trust on this offense right now. I felt Tom had dropped to the point where yes he would need a top 10 defense to win, but that can be said for a lot. Last season they got to the AFC championship, the season before they did, the season before they were in the SB. He's a good enough QB to contend/win with, but not if you don't build a team, just like with any other QB in the league.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Every Patriots post instantly loses to '18-1'

Which is basically the basis of my argument, you're losing an argument? No worry you have the outcard because you can't back up your argument.

Either way 5 superbowl appearances 3 wins in a ten year span trumps that. Don't have to fall back on that, past is the past. The team as it stands today is a long way from a contender, we'll see what they do going forward.

The patriots screwed Tom Brady. Bill has been skating by on reputation and has gotten away with about 5 years of shitty drafts and poor front office moves that are now coming back to bite the pats in the ass.

Syrinx

The patriots screwed Tom Brady. Bill has been skating by on reputation and has gotten away with about 5 years of shitty drafts and poor front office moves that are now coming back to bite the pats in the ass.
Also a shit-ass division that gave them a free playoff spot every year.

jman2050

Which is basically the basis of my argument, you're losing an argument? No worry you have the outcard because you can't back up your argument.

Either way 5 superbowl appearances 3 wins in a ten year span trumps that. Don't have to fall back on that, past is the past. The team as it stands today is a long way from a contender, we'll see what they do going forward.

That's the beauty of '18-1', you don't even need an argument because it instantly wins on its own!

cdyhybrid

Don't worry, I'm sure Kraft got a bunch of barely-legal whores with the money he convinced Tammy to not take.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

Bill as a GM is shockingly bad. Unfortunately (some would consider it fortunate), they just have weathered it in the luckiest of ways. Things could've even got out of hand somewhat last year had they not had the miraculous closeout in NO, where for whatever reason the saints just stopped playing. He struck gold admitidly in 2010 draft, but outside of that everyone else from the early years got old and bill could just never replace them, whether in the draft or through free-agency.

Rodney Harrison- Brandon Meriweather, pat chung, tavon wilson, duron harmon, adrian wilson, steve gregory, etc.
Ty law to Asante worked, but they let him walk and that led to- Butler, Dowling, Wilhite, Wheatley, Springs (LOL), etc.
Richard Seymour- banta cain, jermaine cuningham, ron brace, so on so forth.

The o-line is the worst part though. He hit on Vollmer, but he's fallen apart. Everyone else has been trash since the Mankins signing.

edit- actually I don't know about that, he's also struggled in a big way to build a coaching staff. I did like what BOB did, but outside of that nobody has been able to replace RAC or Weiss.

MRSA

Banned

I don't know who you are; but I don't like you. Probably because you're a Pats fan.

PS: I'm Drunk

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I don't know who you are; but I don't like you. Probably because you're a Pats fan.

PS: I'm Drunk

Lol, there it is, don't know me, but don't like me, whatever man, didn't ask for your approval. If that's how you feel though I guess I'm sorry for being a fan of a sports team.

Top Bottom