• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 4 |OT| Hell is Empty and All The Devils Are Here

RELAYER

Banned
Who gives a shit what the Pats did?
Surprised you all are still talking about this scrub game, figured there'd be a new thread already.

MRSA

Banned
Lol, there it is, don't know me, but don't like me, whatever man, didn't ask for your approval. If that's how you feel though I guess I'm sorry for being a fan of a sports team.

Your team sucks and hasn't done shit since it got caught cheating.

Have a beer on me.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
You are sensitive as shit. Relax, man.

? Tone doesn't translate well through the internet. I'm legimately relaxed having a conversation. I don't get like this about just sports, I have conversations like this about any topic I feel something for. I'm opinionated, it may come off as me being mad, but I'm just stating my opinion and facts to support that. If somebody wants to hate me, or disregard those facts or thoughts simply because I like a team that's fine. Really it doesn't affect me outside of the conversation though. If you or anybody else took that as me being "mad" or "frazzled" understand that this is simply a discussion to me.

edit- if you were with me in person you would understand it alot better, I have these conversations regularly with my friends/family.

cdyhybrid

? Tone doesn't translate well through the internet. I'm legimately relaxed having a conversation. I don't get like this about just sports, I have conversations like this about any topic I feel something for. I'm opinionated, it may come off as me being mad, but I'm just stating my opinion and facts to support that. If somebody wants to hate me, or disregard those facts or thoughts simply because I like a team that's fine. Really it doesn't affect me outside of the conversation though. If you or anybody else took that as me being "mad" or "frazzled" understand that this is simply a discussion to me.

Were you the guy that :jnquit the thread a few seasons ago because we were too mean?

MRSA

Banned

edit- if you were with me in person you would understand it alot better, I have these conversations regularly with my friends/family.

You seem mad bro, you mad?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Were you the guy that :jnquit the thread a few seasons ago because we were too mean?

Never have quit the thread, so no? There are times I'm not as active, particularly this year since I work on sundays. Was also banned for the first two games. Finally got to do a lot of posting during a game so I'm just sharing as much as I can right now, been sort of waiting for this breaking point for a while.

That being said, I get pretty intense with something I'm arguing, and stupidly sometimes I decide to try aruging a troll or clueless person into the point I'm trying to make, and that's like bashing my head against a wall, it just gets nowhere. I know this, but for whatever reason I like to say what's on my mind sometimes./

cdyhybrid

“Kobe worked out with me,” Young told Arash Markazi of ESPN.” I didn’t work out with me. He came to me. I did a catwalk walking runways. It was a big deal. I was showing Kobe the ropes this summer. I had a sit down with coach Byron Scott telling him how he should play.”

Young is also making Lakers’ rookies Julius Randle and Jordan Clarkson call him certain names.

“Clarkson has to call me Daddy Swag. Julius has to call me Uncle Swag,” he explained. “It’s a family affair. It’s rookie duties.”

:jnc

Patriots7

When the Pats go to shit, do we all start hating on the Broncos, Seahawks or Packers? What team is going to provide the great bridge that unites all fans in their hatred?

cdyhybrid

When the Pats go to shit, do we all start hating on the Broncos, Seahawks or Packers? What team is going to provide the great bridge that unites all fans in their hatred?

People will still hate the Pats regardless of record as long as the crooks Kraft, Belichick, and Brady are still there. Also, as long as the fanbase continues to live under the delusion that their rings* were won legitimately.

And the Hawks will never be able to match the Patriots for reasons to be hated:

1) The only people from the organization who talk to the media regularly are very good at it.

2) Our owner is not a slimeball that takes his players' money and spends it on whores while planning his late wife's funeral.

3) We don't cheat.

4) We play good, clean, physical football - the way it was meant to be played. No begging for flags or throwing tantrums until the refs award us points. No assaulting referees because we didn't agree with a call.

Boston needs to embrace Jimmy, give Tammy, Bill, and Kraft the boot, and repent in the eyes of the football gods.

Patriots7

People will still hate the Pats regardless of record as long as the crooks Kraft, Belichick, and Brady are still there. Also, as long as the fanbase continues to live under the delusion that their rings* were won legitimately.
“We didn’t lose the game because of any Spygate, because of them having any additional things,” Cowher said. “I think if they’re guilty of anything, they’re guilty of arrogance, because they were told not to do something. But it was something that everybody does. The only thing they got caught [was] doing it with a camera. We had people that always tried to steal signals. Stealing someone’s signals was a part of the game, and everybody attempted to do that.

“Part of the things we had [were] wristbands that we were using to do it. It’s not even an element anymore because of the communications that take place on the field to the quarterback, to the linebacker. So it’s an element of the game that doesn’t exist, and really, what happened when we lost that game is they outplayed us, and it has nothing to do with stealing signals, or cheating, or anything else. They were a better football team on that day.”

Fox318

Steelers head coaches are motivatial. They don't call plays and they don't being in a system. The coordinators and others coaches do the dirty work on that team. Its why they don't fire them.

I think Manning is slightly better than Brady, but Brady had that Jeter effect where he had a good supporting cast and always lucked into good scenarios in the playoffs that he took full advantage of. Combined with some of Manning's chokes I can't fault someone for choosing Brady. That Moss season was unreal.

:( Not funny man!!

Also heard Giada was in Vegas at her new restaurant this past weekend.

What do you have against the Lakers?

Giada in Vegas all the time bro. Her restaurant is at Cromwell.
confitems26f-6-web.jpg

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I think Manning is slightly better than Brady, but Brady had that Jeter effect where he had a good supporting cast and always lucked into good scenarios in the playoffs that he took full advantage of. Combined with some of Manning's chokes I can't fault someone for choosing Brady. That Moss season was unreal.

It's really close between the two, and they both had a similar style of play. I believe personally Tom to be better, I understand why some choose Peyton. IMO history will put Tom ahead of Peyton barring another SB win, which is a very real possibility.

Patriots7

I don't trust a single thing Cowher says about football. He was obviously carried by the great roster he was coaching and Dick Lebeau. That same roster won a Super Bowl with Mike Fucking Tomlin as their head coach. Think about that.
"Oh in a heartbeat, yeah. Yes I did," Johnson said, before confirming it was done via video.
"Oh yeah, I did it with video and so did a lot of other teams in the league," Johnson continued. "Just to make sure that you could study it and take your time, because you're going to play the other team the second time around. But a lot of coaches did it, this was commonplace."
Jimmy gave us more:

He then detailed how he learned: "I was saying one of Marty Schottenheimers scouts, Mark Hatley, who has passed away now, Mark told me that's how they did it, and Howard Mudd their offensive line coach with Kansas City, who now coaches for Tony Dungy, he was the best in the entire league at stealing signals."
And his methods: "My guy was up with my camera crew in the press box. So you'd just put an extra camera up with your camera crew in the press box who zoomed in on the signal callers. That's the best way to do it, but anyway you can't always do that because the press box camera crew might be on the same side as the opposing team. If they're on the same side as the opposing team that's when you need to do it from the sideline."

I feel like people honestly don't know the reason the Patriots were fined for Spygate.

duxstar

And the Hawks will never be able to match the Patriots for reasons to be hated:

1) The only people from the organization who talk to the media regularly are very good at it.

2) Our owner is not a slimeball that takes his players' money and spend it on whores while planning his late wife's funeral.

3) We don't cheat.

4) We play good, clean, physical football - the way it was meant to be played. No begging for flags or throwing tantrums until the refs award us points. No assaulting referees because we didn't agree with a call.

Boston needs to embrace Jimmy, give Tammy, Bill, and Kraft the boot, and repent in the eyes of the football gods.

I think the NFL has an issue with number 3 (legion of boom rule) or are you also just randomly forgetting

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ead-the-league-in-ped-suspensions-since-2010/

??? Don't cheat lol

Clean Football ?? Another joke go to http://www.nflpenalties.com and look at them last year , 30 more penalties than the next closest team

Stop being a homer and admit they got away with mugging receivers last year and the refs wouldn't call it every play so they just kept doing it.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

I feel like people honestly don't know the reason the Patriots were fined for Spygate.

This is why once in a great while I will engage in the argument. Most who actually pay attention really don't. In this case the guy you are arguing with is a troll. Once I realize someone actually believes it, then I call them out. I agree I did this poorly tonight calling jabbee an idiot, but I'm just in calling him jaded or a casual if he really allows himself to be fooled into thinking it actually affected their chances.

Hell the thing they got fined for wasn't even in the rule book until that year, Mangini was bitter and did whatever he could to get them in trouble. He himself regrets it, but is what it is.

The only superbowls people have realistically lobbied for are the 2 superbowls from the broncos in the 90s, where Al Davis very strongly stood his ground that they stole draft picks and tampered to get them in position to win those games.

edit- the whole "taping a walkthrough" also was a sensationalised story made up by noneother than the boston globe. Matt walsh who came forward with evidence of us stealing signals, never personally claimed we taped anything"

Nothing man. I am a Laker fan. Just don't see them near the playoffs. Need one more impact player.

Can't believe that hotel used to be the Barbary Coast right?

You need to believe in my boy Lin. I know I know I said a lot of stuff about Jake Locker but trust me I AM SERIOUS THIS TIME!

Yep right next to Flamingo.

Top Bottom