• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 4 |OT| Hell is Empty and All The Devils Are Here

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

Patriots7

What hurts is that this shitty team is going to do something unpredictable and best Cincy, and then I'll just start making excuses and finding optimism again.

Goddamn it.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Absolutely! And anyone who thinks Ray Lewis is guilty is a hater or doesn't understand the Justice system.

I get you bro!

Sure man totally the same thing! Keep trying to convince yourself that. It's not like all the people involved in the games who actually played against those teams would know a thing or two about it. I'm fine with it though, really because I don't HAVE to convince anyone, I CHOOSE to partake in that. The rest of the world that actually matters already knows. That's why Tom will go down as a 3 time SB champ and a top 3 QB all time, and there's nothing you can do about it ;).

Sure man totally the same thing! Keep trying to convince yourself that. It's not like all the people involved in the games who actually played against those teams would know a thing or two about it. I'm fine with it though, really because I don't have to convince anyone, I choose to partake in that. The rest of the world that actually matters already knows. That's why Tom will go down as a 3 time SB champ and a top 3 QB all time, and there's nothing you can do about it ;).

You're acting like I think Ray Lewis is a guilty man. We're on the same side.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Absolutely! And anyone who thinks Ray Lewis is guilty is a hater or doesn't understand the Justice system.

I get you bro!

I don't understand anything except for people trying to hide the truth!

Did you give Grover his avy? If so, I'm very disappointed with the lack of laptops and hello kitty.

cdyhybrid

I feel like people honestly don't know the reason the Patriots were fined for Spygate.

Jimmy Johnson? The guy that retired from coaching in the NFL a year before Belichick became HC of the Pats? Oh, okay.

Surely he'd have no reason to stick with the NFL's story as an NFL analyst on a broadcast of a major business partner of the NFL.

The fact is that the easiest way to prove that what the Pats were doing really was no big deal would have been to release the tapes. Then the story gets reactions for a week and goes away. But they didn't do that, they treated those tapes like the supposed UFO that landed in Roswell.

I think the NFL has an issue with number 3 (legion of boom rule) or are you also just randomly forgetting

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ead-the-league-in-ped-suspensions-since-2010/

??? Don't cheat lol

Clean Football ?? Another joke go to http://www.nflpenalties.com and look at them last year , 30 more penalties than the next closest team

Stop being a homer and admit they got away with mugging receivers last year and the refs wouldn't call it every play so they just kept doing it.

Maybe you should have gone to http://www.nflpenalties.com instead.

Fun facts, in the 4 regular season weeks post "Legion of Boom rule":

Seahawks total illegal contact penalties: 0 (tied for last)
Seahawks total defensive pass interference penalties: 1 (only 4 teams have zero)
Seahawks total defensive holding penalties: 2 (9 teams have one and five teams have zero)

And that's funny that you mention PED suspensions when you're a fan of a team that was led by Rodney Harrison and also gave Brandon Browner a contract WHILE HE WAS SUSPENDED for PED use.

Branduil

He slid into it... how often do people start a prayer by sliding into it realistically? If this was a loophole then you could just claim prayer on any type of celebration. I get how it's similar, but it's clear what the difference is based on the rule. If he stopped then got down to pray it would be a different story.

It's a dumb rule to begin with. How in the world is going to the ground excessive celebration?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
It's a dumb rule to begin with. How in the world is going to the ground excessive celebration?

I won't argue that, they've been working on taking celebrations out of the game year after year. I'm just saying it's pretty obvious the difference between the two. The stuff people get in trouble for when it comes to celebrating is absolutely ridiculous. What he did was far from the definition of excessive, people do absurd amounts more on their feet, but get away with it.

edit- Either way at least it happened when the game was beyond out of reach.

Fun facts, in the 4 regular season weeks post "Legion of Boom rule":

Seahawks total illegal contact penalties: 0 (tied for last)
Seahawks total defensive pass interference penalties: 1 (only 4 teams have zero)
Seahawks total defensive holding penalties: 2 (9 teams have one and five teams have zero)

Those were fun. I have a fun fact for you. The Ravens all black jerseys look awesome.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
What is there to explain? When someone call you kas you should already know you're pulling a kas.

Pulling a "Kas" = Correctly pointing out to NFLGAF since 2009 Stafford would be an elite QB and eventually lead the Lions to glory, despite most of NFLGAFs denial (though I'm starting to see begrudging acceptance).

Looking at the betting lines for week 5. Browns are favored on the road for probably the first time in a few years. How the hell are the Saints getting -11 against anyone not Oakland or Jacksonville. I get they're at home but they didn't look that great at home this year either. Vegas still doesn't believe in Arizona yet being +7.5 against Denver. Weirdest line is Jets-Chargers. How are the Chargers not 10+ point favorites at home against a bottom 5 team? The line somehow is only -7. Seahawks-Redskins line is also a bit high. I know Washington sucks but I'm not sure we should be getting -7.5 against anyone on the road.

Looking at the betting lines for week 5. Browns are favored on the road for probably the first time in a few years. How the hell are the Saints getting -11 against anyone not Oakland or Jacksonville. I get they're at home but they didn't look that great at home this year either. Vegas still doesn't believe in Arizona yet being +7.5 against Denver. Weirdest line is Jets-Chargers. How are the Chargers not 10+ point favorites at home against a bottom 5 team? The line somehow is only -7. Seahawks-Redskins line is also a bit high. I know Washington sucks but I'm not sure we should be getting -7.5 against anyone on the road.

If we don't win by at least 21 I'm going to be upset.

Kas is fatter than his QB

No one is fatter than Fattord.

Squeeeeee football!
Do you love football?

My condolences.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
The only way I could explain the Chargers-Jets betting line is if the oddsmakers expect Geno to be benched early and put in Vick. Jets should've started Vick from day one.

The Jets are a solid football team sans Geno Smith. Even a slight improvement from Geno would make the Jets middle tier IMO.

Nah, just win the game. It's hard to win on the road in the NFL, and they won't play as poorly as they did against the Giants. I agree that 7.5 is way too many points.

Nah those are the old Seahawks. The new Seahawks lead by the new messiah isn't about that life. They are a championship caliber team that will play championship caliber football.

I'm ready to go full KAS on this Seahawks team. REPEAT! OR BUST!

Condolences for what?

aints.jpg

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Kas is pretty fat.

Like really fat.

My mom had some friends over tonight and showed them a picture from 2012ish Christmas time where I was on a pizza+beer+Norco diet and I was at 255lb. I looked Freeman fat in that picture. Down to a nice comfortable 240 lbs now.

cajunator

Banned
Nah those are the old Seahawks. The new Seahawks lead by the new messiah isn't about that life. They are a championship caliber team that will play championship caliber football.

I'm ready to go full KAS on this Seahawks team. REPEAT! OR BUST!

Lol bag heads are in the far distant past. Let other teams mess with that. I brought five Saints shirts with me on vacation.

MRSA

Banned
My mom had some friends over tonight and showed them a picture from 2012ish Christmas time where I was on a pizza+beer+Norco diet and I was at 255lb. I looked Freeman fat in that picture. Down to a nice comfortable 240 lbs now.

So what you're saying is that you're still fat.

Lol bag heads are in the far distant past. Let other teams mess with that. I brought five Saints shirts with me on vacation.

When I lived in Orlando, I drove on down to Tampa to check out Busch Gardens.

While there, I wore my bright Orange, Browns shirt. Lady at the gate was like. Wow! A Cleveland Browns shirt. Haven't seen one of those in like 5 years! ;o

Milchjon

Only watched highlights, seems like it was just terrible across the board.

Belichick deserves to get to be benched for trading Mankins.

Seriously, how can we have so little talent on offense? Like 4 wasted drafts on that side of the ball.

Same Pats fan who was running Josh McDaniel smack at the game kept it up for close to 4 hours, eventually transitioning to "Well, you can't beat Denver."

I see a lot of human garbage at Chiefs games, but I consider it a credit to the fanbase that that Pats fan wasn't thrown down the stairs.

Top Bottom