• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 4 |OT| Hell is Empty and All The Devils Are Here

Striker

Yeah the whole 12th man thing is kinda silly in light of EVERY fanbase being loud and supportive. The closest thing I have heard to that kind of deafening noise is Tiger stadium in Baton Rouge. The crowd noise during a big SEC game is incredible. LSU actually recorded a small earthquake there after a late 4th quarter comeback years ago.
Arrowhead and Chief fans were always a loud bunch but never came up with a gimmicky nickname (as far as I know).

RBH

Seems like a great place for a disappointing home playoff loss
Is that a pic on game day?
What an ugly mess. Put up a real stadium.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgIlTyCiVYQ

Seems like it. All the fans can rise up and walk out the stadium.
2013-1-13-seahawks-falcons-21-4_3.jpg

ShaneB

Arrowhead and Chief fans were always a loud bunch but never came up with a gimmicky nickname (as far as I know).

Nah, no gimmicky nickname. They have their 'Chiefs Kingdom' bit, but every team as their "____ nation" sort of spiel.

During the Monday Night game will be more stuff about the noise since they're going for the record again of loudest stadium. It's all very silly in my opinion. Stuff is loud. That's all that needs to be said about it.

Nameless

Niner brethren....convince me why I shouldn't nuke this account and return as the most hardcore junior member Bengals life-long this community has ever seen?

eznark

Banned
Jesus Bill Simmons is pathetic. Is he struggling that much that he needs to stage his own martyrdom? I thought grantland was successful? Christ I even go there now for Lindbergh's articles!

HylianTom

Banned
The superdome is louddddddddd as hell
its like a drum it contains the noise and echoes it around
Yup. Earplugs + Excedrin are highly recommended for home games.

During the really intense games, people up at the top of the terrace level will furiously beat the metal walls to create even more noise. I thought they were going to tear the building down (Pikmin-style) during the NFC championship.

Sephzilla

Hey guys. Back from my short wellness suspension and I have a quick thing to say. Rodgers can tell people to relax all he wants, the Packers are in trouble and are one Jets timeout away from being an 0-3 team.

BigAT

Nah, no gimmicky nickname. They have their 'Chiefs Kingdom' bit, but every team as their "____ nation" sort of spiel.

During the Monday Night game will be more stuff about the noise since they're going for the record again of loudest stadium. It's all very silly in my opinion. Stuff is loud. That's all that needs to be said about it.

Sounds like the Chiefs don't have real fans like the Seahawks then. You're not a true fan unless you're paying to lease your cheers and logos.

eznark

Banned
Admitting to liking The League in public is pretty ballsy.

It's a sitcom. It's better than most sitcoms. It's not good.

Everything Nolan does is the new worst thing that Nolan has ever done. It's like saying "hey, your team is better than the Buccaneers"

Colasante

It's a sitcom. It's better than most sitcoms. It's not good.

Everything Nolan does is the new worst thing that Nolan has ever done. It's like saying "hey, your team is better than the Buccaneers"

The League is a terrible show. I watch it, but it's terrible. Taco is the worst television character ever conceived.

Dragon

Banned
The League is a terrible show. I watch it, but it's terrible. Taco is the worst television character ever conceived.

Whatever that episode with Chad Johnson in Vegas was the last one I watched.

Then again I made it to the end of How I Met Your Mother and the last few seasons of that were pretty bad too.

In the three years the CBA has been in place, the Steelers have been on the road for all three of their Thursday night games, including two straight years against the Baltimore Ravens. Last season, the Steelers became the first team since 2009 to have a road Thursday game following a road game the previous week. In each of the three years since the CBA was passed, they've had a short week going into a contest against their biggest rival. The Steelers are 0-3 in those games.
I guess you're not supposed to shake the giant bear.

http://pit.scout.com/story/1453703-steelers-paid-price-for-cba-vote-so-has-nfl?s=68

jakncoke

Banned
Neal Coolong ‏@NealCoolong 4h
#Steelers vs. #Bucs key matchups: CB Antwon Blake vs. WR Mike Evans

If this is a thing, I will cry. He was so lost against Benjamin and he'll probably give up a ton to Mike Evans, I thought William Gay was stated to take over for Ike

Top Bottom