• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 4 |OT| Hell is Empty and All The Devils Are Here

BigAT

I want Homerharbs!

fbm9n0u.jpg

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Neal Coolong ‏@NealCoolong 4h
#Steelers vs. #Bucs key matchups: CB Antwon Blake vs. WR Mike Evans

If this is a thing, I will cry. He was so lost against Benjamin and he'll probably give up a ton to Mike Evans, I thought William Gay was stated to take over for Ike

Maybe the giraffe will save us with some serious underthrows!

manfestival

Neal Coolong ‏@NealCoolong 4h
#Steelers vs. #Bucs key matchups: CB Antwon Blake vs. WR Mike Evans

If this is a thing, I will cry. He was so lost against Benjamin and he'll probably give up a ton to Mike Evans, I thought William Gay was stated to take over for Ike

That might be the case if we had an actual offensive coordinator, O-line(aside from mankins), and our headcoach wants us to play safe "pro" football. It should basically be a practice game for the steelers and they will run us over.

Colasante

This is wrong.

You probably hate Always Sunny and Arrested Development also.

No, I love them. I always enjoy smart, funny, well-acted television, so naturally The League has very little to offer.

They are all pretty terrible, though at least The League and Always Sunny are watchable.

I don't know why you'd diss television entirely. It's been the highest quality artistic medium the past several years, and considerably more impressive than film, at least. HBO, FX, Netflix, Comedy Central, and now Amazon are pumping out consistently great work.

manfestival

They are all pretty terrible, though at least The League and Always Sunny are watchable.

Both of those shows can be from good to great at times. They are much better than the aforementioned. Next you are going to tell me that bloodseeker got nerfed and isnt going to be more OP now.

eznark

Banned
I happen to enjoy shows that are critically acclaimed, omg I must be a dumbass who can't think for myself!

Basically. I like lots of shows that are "critically acclaimed" but I also like shows that other people tell me I shouldn't like, because Big TV can't fucking own me, man.

Dragon

Banned
I can't take any of your opinions seriously. You seem to hate anything good just for the sake of being a contrarian.

Good summary of eznark. Saying AD is worse than any of the other shows mentioned is an incredibly shitty opinion. Otherwise known as an eznark.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
New Prison Architect alpha is out:

= Reputation
New prisoners sometimes have a reputation, shown when highlighing them or in their rap sheet.
Nb. Existing prisoners (in alpha 24 save games) will not have any reputation - only new arrivals
The reputation specifies unusual abilities or traits they may possess, which affect their behaviour.

- 50% of reputations are known when the prisoner arrives. The other 50% can be revealed through your informants.
- All prisoners have a new "Character" tab in their rapsheet, which gives details on their reputation.

• STRONG hits harder with each punch during fights
  • TOUGH can withstand a lot more punishment in a fight. He can also sometimes withstand being hit by a Tazer
  • VOLATILE liable to kick off without warning and for no reason
  • STOICAL will not become suppressed when locked in Solitary
  • SNITCH a known informant, and as such his life may be in danger. Don't leave him alone with other prisoners for too long
  • DEADLY a master in lethal combat moves, and can sometimes kill with a single hit
  • EX LAW was once a Police Officer, or some other law enforcement profession. His life may be in danger
  • COP KILLER guilty of murdering a Police Officer. Your prison guards may be unable to restrain themselves when subduing him
  • FEARLESS not intimidated by the sight of Armed Guards, and is less likely to surrender during a fight
  • QUICK an unusually fast runner
  • INSTIGATOR sows seeds of discontent in all those nearby. When he causes trouble, nearby prisoners will feel compelled to do the same
- In some cases, the prisoner will have a high degree of a reputation, eg "Extremely Strong" or "Extremely Volatile".

- In a very small number of cases, you will receive a LEGENDARY PRISONER.
These guys have a potent mix of the above list that makes them very dangerous.

= New Prisoner Categories
To help deal with the new troublesome prisoners, two new categories of prisoner have been created.
Prisoners must be manually assigned to these categories.
These new categories have a corrisponding new Zone in the Deployment screen, and a new Regime column.

- Protective Custody
Useful for hiding your snitches,
ex law enforcement etc in a safe zone where they cannot be attacked
Nb. Informants sent to protective custody lose coverage quickly (out of the loop)
Nb. During riot conditions, some of your most dangerous prisoners may attempt to attack the protective custody wing

- SuperMax
If you simply cannot control a particular prisoner, move him to supermax.
Allows you to segregate them away and instigate strong lockdown and security measures

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Just been extremely busy man, it sucks.

Still managed to catch all 3 Browns games, though. Can't believe we aren't 2-0 at home. What a wasted opportunity.

Browns should be 2-1 at worst. You guys have that fatal flaw of all shame circle teams. Don't know how to win.

Browns should be 2-1 at worst. You guys have that fatal flaw of all shame circle teams. Don't know how to win.

Yup. Not to mention against who those 2 losses have come against. The powershift in the AFC North could've actually commenced this season with the Bengals and Browns finally above the Steelers and Ravens. Damnit.

Dragon

Banned
"Nick Foles is the only player in the NFL with 300-plus pass yards in all three games this season. Four QBs have started a season with four 300-yard games: Peyton Manning 2009, 2013; Drew Brees 2013; Kurt Warner 2000, and Steve Young 1998."

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000400341/mindblowing-stats-for-week-4

Pretty crazy that it has only been done 4 times in NFL history.

Well when defensive backs can't step within five yards of a wide receiver, I'm sure it helps.

LevelNth

Banned
"Nick Foles is the only player in the NFL with 300-plus pass yards in all three games this season. Four QBs have started a season with four 300-yard games: Peyton Manning 2009, 2013; Drew Brees 2013; Kurt Warner 2000, and Steve Young 1998."

Pretty doubtful he'll get it for a fourth game in a row...

*looks at schedule, sees Niners as Week 4 opponent*

Nevermind.

Fox318

So more interesting stats:

Tom Brady is 5-5 in his last 10 road games with an 81.6 passer rating. Brady has completed just 1-of-17 (5.9 pct) passes of 20-plus air yards, the worst percentage in the NFL among QBs with at least 10 pass attempts of 20-plus air yards.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Speaks to the rule changes in the NFL and Goodell ruining football.
no, probably more to do with this:

I assume it's more all the double digit deficits forcing the passing game.

Also lets not pretend like he's throwing the ball 20-40 yards in the air all the time, a shit load of his yards are from McCoy and sproles screens and short passes.

Steve Smith is ready for Sunday, also crazy.

Steve Smith is a Maniac

"I don't lobby Joe (for more targets)," [Smith] said. "Sometimes I ask to make sure, he said what he said, because sometimes I hear it wrong. But I'll make sure. He'll say, "Hey, you got this slant." (and I'll say) "Slant?"

"It's kind of like the Kelly Bundy thing, the last thing she hears, it will be me. Some of you don't know who Kelly Bundy is."

I don't get the reference.

no, probably more to do with this:

Also lets not pretend like he's throwing the ball 20-40 yards in the air all the time, a shit load of his yards are from McCoy and sproles screens and short passes.

I am pretty sure Foles is pretty high up there in terms of long yardage completions though. I mean, if Zach Ertz is a leader in 20+ yard receptions that also means Foles likely is.

eznark

Banned

So one of NFL.com's "mind blowing stats" is an accomplishment Foles has yet to achieve?

Ok.

Top Bottom