• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 4 |OT| Hell is Empty and All The Devils Are Here

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

I'm not a fan of Kaep but this is ridiculous, IMO. Playing ball I would hear it all the time whether as a complicate to a teammate or an insult to an opponent. It all depends on the context it was used in that particular situation and the refs and NFL have no business deciding or interpreting of how and why the word was used.

RE: I think most NFL fans pile on Roger Goddell for the various rules and situations that have been happening because God/Goddell made the law/rule. The NFL owners run the league and pay Goddells salary and voted for him as commissioner.

The owners of the NFL are in charge of the NFL, and pay Goddell as a puppet and to take hits at press conferences. Focus the attention on every single NFL owner.

Roger Goddell is the son of a Senator. Politics is in his blood.

Bears dont beat Green Bay. Pessimistic until they do. Last 20 years or so has been a fairly one sided rivalry.

If a depleted Lions team can do it, so can the Bears.

BTW Fuller looked great last night. Another guy we could have traded down to get instead of wasting a pick on a luxury TE who can't even get on the field. And yes I know TE is hard and don't expect much from rookie TEs but...top 10 pick, not being used. No thanks.

I'm not a fan of Kaep but this is ridiculous, IMO. Playing ball I would hear it all the time whether as a complicate to a teammate or an insult to an opponent. It all depends on the context it was used in that particular situation and the refs and NFL have no business deciding or interpreting of how and why the word was used.

RE: I think most NFL fans pile on Roger Goddell for the various rules and situations that have been happening because God/Goddell made the law/rule. The NFL owners run the league and pay Goddells salary and voted for him as commissioner.

The owners of the NFL are in charge of the NFL, and pay Goddell as a puppet and to take hits at press conferences. Focus the attention on every single NFL owner.

Roger Goddell is the son of a Senator. Politics is in his blood.
I'd take a trade of them taking that outta the game for bringing back celebrations. Never happen though.

Hope the Raiders stadium proposal fails. They screwin' the A's and the hearts of San Antonio area citizens.....

Tom Penny

There's a reason he was a main analyst on ESPN's NBA draft coverage.

Yet ESPN still had a mysterious blackout when he was going to diss Lebron for the decision during the playoffs one year similar to the coincidental Bill Polian on air issues during his interview about the NFL not seeing the Ray Rice tape. They know who makes them bread.

Week 4. You know what that means

inb9BO6Tx8Gkb.gif

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Hope the Raiders stadium proposal fails. They screwin' the A's and the hearts of San Antonio area citizens.....

Raiders in San Antonio? I've never heard of this but it would be the equivalent of the Lakers moving to San Antonio.

Most of the hardcore Raiders fanbase reside in Los Angeles or Southern California

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
If you think Simmons is more important to espn than the NBA/NFL/MLB/NHL/MLS, I'd like some of what you're smoking.

brentech

No kidding. They best figure out how to get their Offense clicking again. I'm confident they can do it. Just not confident in the Defense still with all these high-octane Offenses.

Say it ain't so! I'm honestly scratching my head at his performance so far. Awesome Rookie year with a Sophomore realization that the NFL is hard? O-Line? Concussions?
Who would think that after getting a concussion in game one, and immediately starting behind in the next two games, while running behind an oline that has already changed twice since the preseason, he would struggle against 3 of the top front 7s in the league. What a fucking scrub.

You really can't rate him on anything this season yet.

Are you kidding me? The A's have fucked over the Raiders sooo many times in the quest for new a Stadium...

Raiders in San Antonio? I've never heard of this but it would be the equivalent of the Lakers moving to San Antonio.

Most of the hardcore Raiders fanbase reside in Los Angeles or Southern California

San Antonio is less than Ideal,
as in fuck that
...but if it gets us a new Stadium since the NFL is against them being in LA...I'll take it.

Ditched work today and I have been watching some dolphins tape....so many back coaching decisions/terrible play calling, tannehill missing open WRs, WRs get no separation or dropping perfect throws from Thill, running limited routes (back to play calling), interior oline collapses, the only thing that was working was the run game and Philbin/Lazor backed away from it smh.

JABEE

ESPN was showing KHL hockey during the blackout.

And they have Barry Melrose for 10 minutes a year.
ESPN only cares about sports that they hold the broadcast rights to. Their news programs often serve as promotional content.

ESPN doesn't care about the NHL anymore. They wanted the NHL back badly, but the NHL chose NBC.

Definitely

ESPN goes out of their way to not talk about the NHL:

Deadspin’s Patrick Burns took an extensive look at ESPN’s hockey coverage, among other things, by watching a year’s worth of SportsCenter episodes. Burns spent 23,052.75 minutes watching every 11 p.m. episode of SportsCenter for 365 consecutive days.

In that time, SportsCenter covered the NHL for 459.5 minutes, or 2.7 percent of the total time. In an entire year of 11 p.m. SportsCenter shows, they talked hockey for less than eight hours. For comparison, the National Football League was covered for nearly three full days. During the first week of the NHL Lockout, SportsCenter covered the NHL for 1 minute and 45 seconds. “Griffining” got more coverage than hockey that week at 3 minutes and 15 seconds.

ESPN only cares about sports that they hold the broadcast rights to. Their news programs often serve as promotional content.

ESPN doesn't care about the NHL anymore. They wanted the NHL back badly, but the NHL chose NBC.

No they didn't. The whole reason the NHL went with NBC was because ESPN wanted to relegate them to one of their C tier channels (ESPN 3 I think it was.)

Zeke

I'd take a trade of them taking that outta the game for bringing back celebrations. Never happen though.

We're always the bridesmaids man always

It's cool we don't need the cali fans if they move. Mark wants a new deal Oakland is broke and still owes 128 million on mt.Davis. former SA mayor has a son in law that works with the raiders. Mark was in Texas to help honor branch met with city big wigs while in town. Dinner, drinks, alamodome tour, helicopter tour and a presentation took place. Davis would get the alamodome for a few seasons while a new stadium is built. SA can give Mark a sweetheart deal and money is already marked for alamodome renovations all that's left is Davis making the final call.

JABEE

ESPN goes out of their way to not talk about the NHL:

No they didn't. The whole reason the NHL went with NBC was because ESPN wanted to relegate them to one of their C tier channels (ESPN 3 I think it was.)
I thought I read that they outbid NBC, but you're right. There was probably more to ESPN being turned down after ESPN abandoned the league in 2006.

We're always the bridesmaids man always

It's cool we don't need the cali fans if they move. Mark wants a new deal Oakland is broke and still owes 128 million on mt.Davis. former SA mayor has a son in law that works with the raiders. Mark was in Texas to help honor branch met with city big wigs while in town. Dinner, drinks, alamodome tour, helicopter tour and a presentation took place. Davis would get the alamodome for a few seasons while a new stadium is built. SA can give Mark a sweetheart deal and money is already marked for alamodome renovations all that's left is Davis making the final call.

I thought that the other owners would have to vote and Jerry plus the Saints and Titans owners would block it.

Zeke

Jerry can bitch all he wants. Texans owner said he wouldn't block it and I doubt Benson would block it too many business ties in the city and titans owner can Fuck himself. I can't see a vote failing tbh.

Zeke

I just want the Raiders to move to Los Angeles...
Won't happen Davis would have to sell the team that isn't going to happen. LA won't use tax payer money to build they can draw up all the pretty pictures they want but nothing will get done unless it's private money. Raider officials were in town last month I think to see the college game at the dome and from what the local paper reported liked what they saw. If Mark is serious about moving SA is his best bet. He keeps control of the team, gets a new stadium and makes serious bank. He would have SA and Austin market and he would get Soth Texas from the Rio Grand Valley down to Corpus Christi which is all untapped.

Regarding Simmons, I don't think he meant "go public" as in release some top secret info, I think he meant "go public" as in tell the world that espn was trying to punish him for speaking badly about the commish.

Tom Penny

Regarding Simmons, I don't think he meant "go public" as in release some top secret info, I think he meant "go public" as in tell the world that espn was trying to punish him for speaking badly about the commish.

They suspended Miami writer Dan Lebatard because he helped fund a billboard in Ohio mocking Lebron when he went back. They might put a hit on Simmons for dissing Goodell.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If a depleted Lions team can do it, so can the Bears.

BTW Fuller looked great last night. Another guy we could have traded down to get instead of wasting a pick on a luxury TE who can't even get on the field. And yes I know TE is hard and don't expect much from rookie TEs but...top 10 pick, not being used. No thanks.

I would have been happy with Fuller at 10. It was a position of dire need. Mayhew is terrible.

Tenumi

Banned
I would have been happy with Fuller at 10. It was a position of dire need. Mayhew is terrible.

Knowing what we know now, yeah, I'd have easily gone with Fuller at 10.

Of course, with our corner luck, he'd be on IR right about now.

Ditched work today and I have been watching some dolphins tape....so many back coaching decisions/terrible play calling, tannehill missing open WRs, WRs get no separation or dropping perfect throws from Thill, running limited routes (back to play calling), interior oline collapses, the only thing that was working was the run game and Philbin/Lazor backed away from it smh.
IT'S ALL TANNEHILL'S FAULT! START MOORE!

Top Bottom