• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 5 |OT| The Week of Embarrassment and the Fall of an Empire

For at least the next few hours, the Bengals are the last undefeated team in the league.

Last time this happened? 1988.

Their first loss then? To the Patriots in New England.

Hunter S.

Now we just need to face up to SD, they are the true test in the division. It's good because we will keep each other sharp.

A split between the teams seems likely. I do feel that the Broncos might be finally playing at the top of their game so I am glad we get them at home really soon.

I am also glad the Chargers played Arizona before they lost all their top QBs. The Chargers might have then beat the Cards.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Good to see that foxball was put away today and the Broncos do what they normally do with all those weapons.

eznark

Banned
I turn 31 I just a few days. Old.

Got the wife to the hospital. They're taking blood to rule some stuff out, including pregnancy. =O
We honestly don't think she is, but you never know tbh.

Good luck brotha. Isn't that something you were sort of looking to do soon anyway?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Tigers sent out the last three AL Cy Young winners and got swept.

Lions' greatest show on turf loses to the Alcoholic at home.

Clownshoes city

I would just like to point out that I picked the Tigers to get swept in the ALDS (Dombrowski has no idea how to build a bullpen) and the Lions to lose today.

My town.

I cannot believe how bad Stafford was today. Awful. Hit him once and he reverts into Dancy-feet Magee in the backfield. Stares down one receiver from that point forward. Dreadful.

Hunter S.

Go out see Manning threw for 471 yards like I said Godslay this game should have been a bigger score difference

They had more field goal attempts then they could have (with one miss) , but that was in the first half and the the third quarter when the Cardinals were playing much better D and had less injuries.

Do Broncos fans miss Prater yet?

Godslay

Banned
Go out see Manning threw for 471 yards like I said Godslay this game should have been a bigger score difference

At the time though, that wasn't the case. Game opened up once Stanton went out and AZ defense got gassed and injured. I won't back away from saying when healthy, AZ is better than most teams in the AFC and most of them in the NFC.

I'm with you in that I would love to see the Broncos take the flamethrower out each game, but the first 4-6 games are tough. We're not out of the woods yet. Rex might dial up a good game for Peyton, and SF are playing good enough to pull wins out. Tough schedule so far, and I'm fine with the results.

Greg

tumblr_m5g3gv4OUG1qm15teo10_r2_250.gif
PM me your e-mail address

Dragon

Banned
Jnc at that Cutler stat. 31st career game with 2+ ints.

Peyton had 11 in his first season and has 59 career games with 2+ ints in his career. Eli has 45 I believe. It's a meaningless stat bro! (Tom has 32 such games).

At the time though, that wasn't the case. Game opened up once Stanton went out and AZ defense got gassed and injured. I won't back away from saying when healthy, AZ is better than most teams in the AFC and most of them in the NFC.

I'm with you in that I would love to see the Broncos take the flamethrower out each game, but the first 4-6 games are tough. We're not out of the woods yet. Rex might dial up a good game for Peyton, and SF are playing good enough to pull wins out. Tough schedule so far, and I'm fine with the results.

The Jets are a joke, any worthwhile team should crush them!

Godslay

Banned
I'm already nervous about the inevitable playoff matchup.

Long time between now and then. I just hope we both are healthy week to week. Competition is good for both teams within the division.

A split between the teams seems likely. I do feel that the Broncos might be finally playing at the top of their game so I am glad we get them at home really soon.

I am also glad the Chargers played Arizona before they lost all their top QBs. The Chargers might have then beat the Cards.

We have to beat them. HFA depends on it most likely. Basically boils down to who gets pressure. And I don't miss Prater if it means that money goes to DT/JT/Von/Pot Roast/Harris. McManus will get better. He was money at Temple.

I turn 31 I just a few days. Old.

Got the wife to the hospital. They're taking blood to rule some stuff out, including pregnancy. =O
We honestly don't think she is, but you never know tbh.

30's have been good. Embrace it.

Hope your wife is okay as well.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
And now I see the Colts win.... :(
this was so awesome, in a typical Texans way. Lose the game, seconds later CBS switches to the colts game just in time to see Flacco throw incompletion 4th down to let hate colts win.

It seems only you and I are noticing the fact that most likely cost us the damn game.
No, it was a terrible play call and further more he should have gone for it on 4th down.

minx

First chance to get on GAF today and just wanted to say hahahahahaha Kas u cocky fuck so much for the top of the NFC North.

eznark

Banned
Peyton had 11 in his first season and has 59 career games with 2+ ints in his career. Eli has 45 I believe. It's a meaningless stat bro! (Tom has 32 such games).

The Jets are a joke, any worthwhile team should crush them!

Cutler throws interceptions 27% more often than Peyton and 95% more often than Rodgers.

Aaron Rodgers has never had even a season where his interception rate is within 1% point of Cutler's career average. Jay Cutler has never had a season (this is kind of amazing) where his interception rate was within 0.5% of Rodgers' CAREER number.

Bowser

I started posting on GAF when I was in my teens....god damn.

Yeah it's a weird feeling. I started posting on GAF when I was 15. I'm turning 27 in 6 weeks...

edit: and happy early birthday bro! Thanks again for getting me out of my 3 month GAF purgatory :jnc

Tom Penny

Cutler throws interceptions 27% more often than Peyton and 95% more often than Rodgers.

Aaron Rodgers has never had even a season where his interception rate is within 1% point of Cutler's career average. Jay Cutler has never had a season (this is kind of amazing) where his interception rate was within 0.5% of Rodgers' CAREER number.

Cutler only plays with Marshall, Jeffries, Forte and Bennett. No wonder he's never gone more than 2 games without an INT...

Bread

Banned
that's exactly what I had in mind if I wasn't a poor
they're on a bye week

just do it, and check your e-mail tomorrow
emailing the birthday boy some pics of you in your birthday suit? very classy, i won't tell olivia.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Nothing makes me feel better about my team, my day (losing all my fantasy games) or myself (about to turn 30 tomorrow)

Fuck everything.

Welcome to 30.

5 year countdown to your "oh shit, 40's just around the corner" panic attack.

DMczaf

Top Bottom