• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 5 |OT| The Week of Embarrassment and the Fall of an Empire

eznark

Banned
Not really sure how to feel about Gone Girl.

It's shit, that's how you should feel. Only redeeming qualities were Affleck doing a really good job playing basically himself and Reznor's score.

I feel like if you give that script to a less trash director you end up with a much better movie. Also it was 30 minutes too long, at least.

Bread

Banned
It's shit, that's how you should feel. Only redeeming qualities were Affleck doing a really good job playing basically himself and Reznor's score.

I feel like if you give that script to a less trash director you end up with a much better movie. Also it was 30 minutes too long, at least.
:')

should i skip the movie and just download the soundtrack

bionic77

What we learned.

As always KAS is wrong and the Lions are frauds. That's the bad news. The goods news is they are good as the Steelers and Niners :)lol).

Browns are exciting. When is the last time you could say that?

Chicago is another fraud in a division full of them.

Questions

Are the Bucs decent now?

How good or bad are the Saints?

How did the Giants and Steelers win three games in 5?

DMczaf

c71jkprg27oap9gvg5np.jpg

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/e...oman-wearing-jeans-a-sw-1642709219/+bubbaprog

Redzone clowning that girl was great.

eznark

Banned
I thought it was a somewhat dumb, convenient plot leading to some great, tense moments between characters. Good acting from anyone but NPH too.

Did feel somewhat forced in places though.

haha, yeah.

"We need to have someone that people will recognize on sight so they remember them when they see them in the search scene and who can pull off awkward rich"

"Doogie Howser?"

"PERFECT!"

Gobias

Banned

I thought it was a somewhat dumb, convenient plot leading to some great, tense moments between characters. Good acting from anyone but NPH too.

Did feel somewhat forced in places though.

I thought the acting from Rosamund Pike was fucking trash.

eznark

Banned
I thought the acting from Rosamund Pike was fucking trash.

Yup, pretty much the fucking worst (assuming that is the wife?) The sister was really good, so was the detective.

Honestly the whole thing was ruined by Fincher (obviously) and by the actress who played the wife. Otherwise it could've been cool.

I bet the book is great.

Milchjon

Yup, pretty much the fucking worst (assuming that is the wife?) The sister was really good, so was the detective.

Honestly the whole thing was ruined by Fincher (obviously) and by the actress who played the wife. Otherwise it could've been cool.

I bet the book is great.

I can't see the plot being anywhere near believable in any medium.

What I read about the book's structure seemed interesting though.

Back from a full, awesome week at the Outerbanks of North Carolina. Missed most of the Steeler/Bucs game (thank god) and listened to most of the Jags game on the radio on the way home today. Umm, this Steeler team this year is young, improving in some spots, but also maddening. Losing the Buc game was inexcusable, the offense should be scoring TDs at a much higher rate and the constant penalties need to be tightened up by Tomlin. Still can't get a real feel of this team this year, could be anywhere from 7-9 to 12-4.

Gobias

Banned

I bet the book is great.

Yeah
She played the most fucking stereotypical Harvard genius who is also a sociopath type. It's made even worse by the fact that she acts like a cold, hurmorless person before we're supposed to even know it. Her lack of chemistry made the first half of the movie make no sense because she's already unlikable and there's no way the Affleck character would get along with her. The movie also like to make no sense often.

The more I think about it, the more I hate it.

eznark

Banned
I can't see the plot being anywhere near believable in any medium.

What I read about the book's structure seemed interesting though.

I mean....is it supposed to be believable? Fincher turned it into a heavy handed attack on the media's ability to shape reality. Supposedly the book doesn't really rely on that so much.

Tamanon

Banned
Back from a full, awesome week at the Outerbanks of North Carolina. Missed most of the Steeler/Bucs game (thank god) and listened to most of the Jags game on the radio on the way home today. Umm, this Steeler team this year is young, improving in some spots, but also maddening. Losing the Buc game was inexcusable, the offense should be scoring TDs at a much higher rate and the constant penalties need to be tightened up by Tomlin. Still can't get a real feel of this team this year, could be anywhere from 7-9 to 12-4.

I like the Outer Banks. You got out right before the cold finally came in at least. We usually go stay in Kill Devil Hills. Pretty cheap and stay on the beach.

Top Bottom