• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 5 |OT| The Week of Embarrassment and the Fall of an Empire

Talon

Yeah, people whining about this call (which is almost always a late flag) are lunatics.

HOW DARE THEY TAKE TIME TO GET THE CALL RIGHT?????!!!!!!!
I can't even remember a time that it took less than 10 seconds to get that call out.

Maybe at the college level they're willy-nilly about it, but they changed the rule like 3 seasons ago to make it more narrow.

Dragon

Banned
Yeah, people whining about this call (which is almost always a late flag) are lunatics.

HOW DARE THEY TAKE TIME TO GET THE CALL RIGHT?????!!!!!!!

Anyone whining about whether it was the right call are morons. It's okay to whine that it took Bengals players bitching to the ref to have it happen. Because that's stupid.

eznark

Banned
Anyone whining about whether it was the right call are morons. It's okay to whine that it took Bengals players bitching to the ref to have it happen. Because that's stupid.

You aren't dumb enough to believe that's what actually happened though so no worries.

Bread

Banned
Ya'll need to stop overreacting.

It's one game.
image.php

Patriots7

Why the rule exists in the first place? Why shouldn't it exist?
Came out wrong.

I mean I hate the application of the rule. Half of balls that are thrown away could arguably be IG.
It's so inconsistently applied that I've just always been bothered by it.

eznark

Banned
It's just super annoying and slows the game down.

You'd rather they be wrong than confer for a few seconds? It's significantly faster this year because they have headsets to talk to each other. That's why it looked like Booger was told by the Bengals to call it, he was conferring with the other officials.

TheFatOne

You'd rather they be wrong than confer for a few seconds? It's significantly faster this year because they have headsets to talk to each other. That's why it looked like Booger was told by the Bengals to call it, he was conferring with the other officials.
No but when a call is that obvious it should be quick. Once the refs start to call a shit game I don't cut tenant slack.

Dragon

Banned
You aren't dumb enough to believe that's what actually happened though so no worries.

I believe I'm smart enough to know it has nothing to do with belief whatsoever. It either happened or it didn't. In typical eznark fashion, you have nothing but a past history fallacy on your side. While I have the fact that Bengals players went to the ref.

JCizzle

They had already gotten the offense/defense off the field and the punt teams lined up. That's excessive.

eznark

Banned
No but when a call is that obvious it should be quick. Once the refs start to call a shit game I don't cut tenant slack.

There is nothing necessarily obvious about it to the head official, positioned behind the QB. There could easily be a receiver in the vicinity that he missed, since it's not his job to be paying attention to receivers.

KHarvey16

I believe I'm smart enough to know it has nothing to do with belief whatsoever. It either happened or it didn't. In typical eznark fashion, you have nothing but a past history fallacy on your side. While I have the fact that Bengals players went to the ref.

What does the fact they went to the ref prove? I would bet just about all penalties involve the other team complaining.

Top Bottom